Where do you live

singe

Where do you live?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your postcode? The first part.

• OL1
    • OL2
    • OL4
    • OL8
    • OL9
    • OL3
    • OL5
    • OL6
    • OL7
    • M35
    • M40
    • M9
    • M24
    • OL10
    • OL11
    • OL16
    • OL15
    • OL12
    • SK15
    • Somewhere else
  2. 2. As there are so many, I will also do this by towns

• Oldham Centre
    • Royton & Shaw
    • Saddleworth
    • Mossley
    • Failsworth
    • Ashton
    • Tameside- eg Denton, Duckinfield, Droylsden
    • Middleton etc
    • Manchester Outer such as Newton Heath, Moston, Openshaw
    • Stockport-eg Bredbury, Marple, Romily
    • Rochdale
    • Bury
    • Somewhere else
    • Chadderton
    • Outer Oldham eg Hollinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough wasn't trying to be nasty just having a laugh. I think the one thing we all got on here is that we hope city fall flat on there ass :grin: just strikes me as strange that you support a team and have no feeling for the town, like i have no feelings for rochdale hence i wouldn't support rochdale <_<

No probs mate, I know you were jokin.. Just don't like City. I come from a family of City and Man U, with me being the only Latics fan, well one of my Dad's cousins is a fan too, but that's a kinda distant relative. I just picked Oldham as a kid and consigned myself to a life of misery... But wouldn't have it any other way!

I think we really need this move to work out, it's really sad looking across the pitch at where the Lookers used to be and yet still see three barely populated stands, sitting in silence, apart from some moaners. We somehow need to wake our club up.

Brisbane 4030.

Have held a season ticket alone since I could afford it in 1977. Gets a bit tight forking out $550 for Latics and $480 for the Lions every year....but hey I bleed the clubs colours !!!

Lived in Oldham, Royton, Chadderton and Fort Lauderdale !!!

God knows what option the good folk of Hollinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield etc etc are going to chose....? If I hailed from one of those areas I wouldn't be selecting ' Oldham centre ' ....define Oldham centre...well to me it's the town centre, plus perhaps the very inner areas of Oldham - St Mary's, Glodwick, Primrose Bank and maybe Coldhurst, Werneth, Westwood, Coppice, Derker and Higginshaw/Shaw Rd.

Yarddog

by all means post suggestions of post codes and i will add them.[/b]

I have done this in order concentrically round the ground, therefore more fans should be at the top, and elss as you go further out, so variances will stand out more. (in theory)

Ditto for suggestions of places. Please put the suggestinos in, I apologise for my lack of knowledge of llinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield

But as you can see there are limited numbers of suggestions, but if you can think of a name that covers those area I'd be happy to include it, as I ahve suggested more than once in this thread. 300 other poeple do not seem to have had a problem.........

As for the earlier suggestion of spending more than 2 mins, again, instead of sniping put a suggeston up. Or are you Corporal Jones in disguise :grin:

It is not supposed top be a scientific analysis, just an approximate idea.

Mainly as a reponse to the suggesitoth at there are loads of supporters in Ashton and it would be a good idea to move there instead of Failsworth.

PS I classed Springhead as Saddleworth. :-)

PPS just worked out I thought it had limmted my editing, but realised it had not. Now added.

Put a message if you feel you should be in Oldham Outer

PPPS ARe any of the llinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield

areas got a different postcode?

Edited by singe

I lived in Chadderton until i was 8 and then moved to Fleetwood, it does not matter to me one bit where they build the ground, Oldham is my team and i will travel anywhere to watch them.

Capped doffed in your general direction FWB

Your profile says you live in some place called "Manchester" but Failsworth is not in Manchester, so how does that work? :huh:

You got 2 homes or summat?

The thing that lots seem to forget is that Oldham and Failsworth are both in Greater MANCHESTER. One of the reasons why lots of Oldhamers (especially of a certain age range) have an unashamed affinity for the Manchester clubs.

I must admit I'm quite surprised at the results of this poll, but it is there for all to see clear as day - OL2 is by far the most literate part of Oldham.

:getmecoat:

I must admit I'm quite surprised at the results of this poll, but it is there for all to see clear as day - OL2 is literally mostlly part of Oldham.

:getmecoat:

:grin:

Edited by singe

No but, loads of people have told me on here that chadderton is, and has always been part of oldham (I suspect none of them were actually from chadderton though :huh: )

I grew up in Chadderton and have considered it to always be part of Oldham (in the same way Royton is) but in reality it is not much different to Failsworth in that it is a separate town now part of Oldham Met Borough.

As 35%+ are from somewhere else, should we do an MK and move completely?

I'm puzzled Eastley? Not sure why you are :angry: ?

65% of the people that voted are from in and around Oldham.

The interesting thing would be the percentage f season ticket holders(lower I would expect, and pay on the days (nearer that level)

Me. I'm from Oldham/Saddleworth but moved away 20+ years ago.

Having grown up in Royton and gone to school in Chadderton, I always considered Chadderton to be a small part of Royton. :wink:

Chadderton is actually larger in area than Royton with an almost identical population!

I'm puzzled Eastley? Not sure why you are :angry: ?

65% of the people that voted are from in and around Oldham.

The interesting thing would be the percentage f season ticket holders(lower I would expect, and pay on the days (nearer that level)

Me. I'm from Oldham/Saddleworth but moved away 20+ years ago.

Apologies just fishing, there is nothing i would want to see less than move too far away than could be considered the club's heartland

Of those 35%, I would venture that the vast majority were born in and/or grew up in the Oldham area.

And further still, I'd hazard a guess that if you actually polled the 4000 home fans in attendance on Saturday (or any home game for that matter) as to where they live, much much less than 35% would be living outside Oldham.