Where do you live

singe

Where do you live?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your postcode? The first part.

• OL1
    • OL2
    • OL4
    • OL8
    • OL9
    • OL3
    • OL5
    • OL6
    • OL7
    • M35
    • M40
    • M9
    • M24
    • OL10
    • OL11
    • OL16
    • OL15
    • OL12
    • SK15
    • Somewhere else
  2. 2. As there are so many, I will also do this by towns

• Oldham Centre
    • Royton & Shaw
    • Saddleworth
    • Mossley
    • Failsworth
    • Ashton
    • Tameside- eg Denton, Duckinfield, Droylsden
    • Middleton etc
    • Manchester Outer such as Newton Heath, Moston, Openshaw
    • Stockport-eg Bredbury, Marple, Romily
    • Rochdale
    • Bury
    • Somewhere else
    • Chadderton
    • Outer Oldham eg Hollinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield

as part of the new stadium debate, it is sometimes stated that either Failswort is too far away or that there is a latent demand in the ashton area.

So I am going to conetrate on the people that live in this area, any one else willb e lumped together for this purpose only as a previous poll has shown that once the longer distances are concerend, the Failsworth location did not make much difference.

So my aim is to show which area has a greatest concentration once you are out of the immediate area of BP.

by all means post suggestions of post codes and i will add them.

I have done this in order concentrically round the ground, therefore more fans should be at the top, and elss as you go further out, so variances will stand out more. (in theory)

EDIT Apologies to all Chaddertonionites :wink:

Edited by singe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as part of the new stadium debate, it is sometimes stated that either Failswort is too far away or that there is a latent demand in the ashton area.

So I am going to conetrate on the people that live in this area, any one else willb e lumped together for this purpose only as a previous poll has shown that once the longer distances are concerend, the Failsworth location did not make much difference.

So my aim is to show which area has a greatest concentration once you are out of the immediate area of BP.

by all means post suggestions of post codes and i will add them.

I have done this in order concentrically round the ground, therefore more fans should be at the top, and elss as you go further out, so variances will stand out more. (in theory)

Oi! Where's Chadderton? :ranting::bat:

I have put Rochdale though the local people of Littleborough will tell you it's not a part of Rochdale but a town in its own right! :grin:

Thats exactly how I think, I'm ashamed to have any Rochdale link. I'm from Littleborough.

If that's the case, do we have the 'Oldy End' and 'Oldy the Owl'?

No but, loads of people have told me on here that chadderton is, and has always been part of oldham (I suspect none of them were actually from chadderton though :huh: )

Where is Sholver/Moorside/Lower Dingle? Neither Oldham centre, Shaw or Royton.

Lower dingle? Bottom sholver iirc.

I mentioned sholver earlier, you could add greenacres and lees, and any number of other places - hollinwood ain't in "oldham" nor is limeside. The list could end up longer than the list of "possible" sites for a stadium.

Lower dingle? Bottom sholver iirc.

I mentioned sholver earlier, you could add greenacres and lees, and any number of other places - hollinwood ain't in "oldham" nor is limeside. The list could end up longer than the list of "possible" sites for a stadium.

Hollinwood and Limeside not in "Oldham"??? Then where to bloody hell are they?

Hollinwood and Limeside not in "Oldham"??? Then where to bloody hell are they?

I am of course referring to the town of Oldham, not the borough. Limeside was moved into what was a loose collection of bits around Oldham (town) in the 1950 iirc having been in hartshead with limehurst and other bits of what are now part of ashton, and Hollinwood was split between the old parish of Chadderton and the parish of Oldham, with Chadderton being merged into OMBC in the 70s.

Neither were part of "oldham" as a town in 1895, which is surely the reference point if we are sticking to some rose tinted tradition. it's a tricky thing sticking to a long-gone tradtion tha knows.

Edited by real

I am of course referring to the town of Oldham, not the borough. Limeside was moved into what was a loose collection of bits around Oldham (town) in the 1950 iirc having been in hartshead with limehurst and other bits of what are now part of ashton, and Hollinwood was split between the old parish of Chadderton and the parish of Oldham, with Chadderton being merged into OMBC in the 70s.

Neither were part of "oldham" as a town in 1895, which is surely the reference point if we are sticking to some rose tinted tradition. it's a tricky thing sticking to a long-gone tradtion tha knows.

I have long thought of Oldham as a patched up series of Republics!

We need something to galvanise and crate an identity for oham on it's own.

I think a football team might do the trick, do you think it will catch on!!!! :grin:

Obviosuly a 12k seater stadium would guarantee not work work, no matter how succesful the club, it would have to be 16k to galvanise....

Edited by singe