Where do you live

singe

Where do you live?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your postcode? The first part.

• OL1
    • OL2
    • OL4
    • OL8
    • OL9
    • OL3
    • OL5
    • OL6
    • OL7
    • M35
    • M40
    • M9
    • M24
    • OL10
    • OL11
    • OL16
    • OL15
    • OL12
    • SK15
    • Somewhere else
  2. 2. As there are so many, I will also do this by towns

• Oldham Centre
    • Royton & Shaw
    • Saddleworth
    • Mossley
    • Failsworth
    • Ashton
    • Tameside- eg Denton, Duckinfield, Droylsden
    • Middleton etc
    • Manchester Outer such as Newton Heath, Moston, Openshaw
    • Stockport-eg Bredbury, Marple, Romily
    • Rochdale
    • Bury
    • Somewhere else
    • Chadderton
    • Outer Oldham eg Hollinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Failsworth, you may have heard of it. We are getting a league club soon...

The Failsworth Dons.

Up the dons!

;)

Your profile says you live in some place called "Manchester" but Failsworth is not in Manchester, so how does that work? :huh:

You got 2 homes or summat?

Your profile says you live in some place called "Manchester" but Failsworth is not in Manchester, so how does that work? :huh:

You got 2 homes or summat?

Simply a case of most of us Failsworthians consider ourselves Mancs living in Manchester, whether its correct or not, that's our perogative.

But thats an old and boring debate. We are all here cos we are Dons fans.

Up the Dons!

;)

It seems most people live somewhere else.

Not really LB, its just because there are so many sub division of the 10 miles from Latics.

But if you do it at 10 miles:

less than 10 miles= 66%

greater than 10 miles = 34%

Simply a case of most of us Failsworthians consider ourselves Mancs living in Manchester, whether its correct or not, that's our perogative.

But thats an old and boring debate. We are all here cos we are Dons fans.

Up the Dons!

;)

So have you got your man city season ticket then with you being such a hardcore manc my friend, just curious seems as though your from manchester and all that i suppose you won't want to support a bunch of pie heads from oldham :grin: oh wait your on an oldham forum board how silly of me :unsure:

Neither born or bred in Oldham and have no affinity with the town.

However, can remember the exact date when I became a fan - October 26th, 1987.

I was taken to watch Coventry v Oldham in League Cup, which we lost incidentally but Hoolickin scored. This was an attempt to turn me into a Coventry City supporter but had the opposite effect. Being the obstinate child that I was, I vowed from that day forth I would be an Oldham Athletic supporter.

I travelled to as many matches as I could by train until I could drive and then became a season ticket holder. Each girlfriend I had was turned irrespective of their passion for Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves etc. One father hated me when their daughter who was raised in the Old Gold came home wearing the Blue of the mighty Latics!

My business life has meant that I'm no longer a season ticket but I still aim to attend at least 25% of matches each season. Wife and two kids - all firm supporters despite her family being of the claret and blue variety. It was wonderful a wonderful moment when you children refuse to wear the Villa shirt despite how many attempts the father-in-law tries to buy them. Despite the rubbish quality of our current home shirt, no other sports garment has been worn by my kids.

Keeping the faith despite the distance

From Middleton originally now I live in Coventry had uncles taking me to utd and city games before a friend of the family took me to a oldham match never looked back hoping to bring my 2 boys up to a few games this yr.

Neither born or bred in Oldham and have no affinity with the town.

However, can remember the exact date when I became a fan - October 26th, 1987.

I was taken to watch Coventry v Oldham in League Cup, which we lost incidentally but Hoolickin scored. This was an attempt to turn me into a Coventry City supporter but had the opposite effect. Being the obstinate child that I was, I vowed from that day forth I would be an Oldham Athletic supporter.

I travelled to as many matches as I could by train until I could drive and then became a season ticket holder. Each girlfriend I had was turned irrespective of their passion for Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves etc. One father hated me when their daughter who was raised in the Old Gold came home wearing the Blue of the mighty Latics!

My business life has meant that I'm no longer a season ticket but I still aim to attend at least 25% of matches each season. Wife and two kids - all firm supporters despite her family being of the claret and blue variety. It was wonderful a wonderful moment when you children refuse to wear the Villa shirt despite how many attempts the father-in-law tries to buy them. Despite the rubbish quality of our current home shirt, no other sports garment has been worn by my kids.

Keeping the faith despite the distance

I don't know if I have ever read a more moving story of human tragedy :wink: You picked the :censored:ty end of the stick up that day mate, glad you haven't dropped it though :OASISscarf: It reminds me that it's OUR club in a very meaningful way, however we came to it :)

Never lived in or had any connection with Oldham. Born and grew up in Liverpool, didn't want to take sides between my brother (who supports Liverpool) and my sister (who supports Everton). We were in the Premiership when i started following Oldham so it didn't seem quite as mental then. we got relegated in my first season, so i can only apologise for having been a jinx.

So have you got your man city season ticket then with you being such a hardcore manc my friend, just curious seems as though your from manchester and all that i suppose you won't want to support a bunch of pie heads from oldham :grin: oh wait your on an oldham forum board how silly of me :unsure:

Oldham's my team, but I have no feeling for the town. I have mucho feelings for Man City, bad ones! So please don't even suggest that I should follow them!

Gonna be bad times, seeing them rise to the top (or near it anyway) now that they are super rich. Hope they fail.

Oldham's my team, but I have no feeling for the town. I have mucho feelings for Man City, bad ones! So please don't even suggest that I should follow them!

Gonna be bad times, seeing them rise to the top (or near it anyway) now that they are super rich. Hope they fail.

Fair enough wasn't trying to be nasty just having a laugh. I think the one thing we all got on here is that we hope city fall flat on there ass :grin: just strikes me as strange that you support a team and have no feeling for the town, like i have no feelings for rochdale hence i wouldn't support rochdale <_<

whats the point of this poll?

Pretty self explanatory from my first post. My first post

Mainly, to see if there are more season ticket holders in Ashton than Failsworth, as some have claimed, and see where the majority of fans leave to see if they have a long distance to travel so are less likely to travel to the new stadium.

God knows what option the good folk of Hollinwood, Limeside, Hollins, Bardsley, Springhead, Waterhead, Moorside, Watersheddings, Clarksfield etc etc are going to chose....? If I hailed from one of those areas I wouldn't be selecting ' Oldham centre ' ....define Oldham centre...well to me it's the town centre, plus perhaps the very inner areas of Oldham - St Mary's, Glodwick, Primrose Bank and maybe Coldhurst, Werneth, Westwood, Coppice, Derker and Higginshaw/Shaw Rd.