Latics player

I think it's a step back, just like Rivals was. When watching interviews, and more annoyingly, match highlights the picture runs for about 20 seconds and freezes repeatedly. I have set the options so that Latics Player has all the CPU, but still no difference. I appreciate that I may be trying to view when lots of people in my area are on the net, but that was not a problem with Latics World. I simply downloaded the file in seconds, and played it back through Windows Player without problem. Latics Player will not let me download the file. :ranting:

Edited by al_bro

I think it's a step back, just like Rivals was. When watching interviews, and more annoyingly, match highlights the picture runs for about 20 seconds and freezes repeatedly. I have set the options so that Latics Player has all the CPU, but still no difference. I appreciate that I may be trying to view when lots of people in my area are on the net, but that was not a problem with Latics World. I simply downloaded the file in seconds, and played it back through Windows Player without problem. Latics Player will not let me download the file. :ranting:

What annoys me is that audio commentary only starts a few minutes before a game so you can't be sure if it's working or not, why can't they play some music and clips from previous matches about half and hour beforehand like the old Rado Cavell so at least we know they are on air. ?

What annoys me is that audio commentary only starts a few minutes before a game so you can't be sure if it's working or not, why can't they play some music and clips from previous matches about half and hour beforehand like the old Rado Cavell so at least we know they are on air. ?

What annoys me is the the audio commentary has only worked for 1 out of 3 games so far this season. If this game is unavailable to me I will be asking for a refund for the month. It's hard enough living in a foreign country and trying to keep up with Latics, but when the main source of viewing and listening pleasure is off line or not working properly it is very annoying.

Latics World was perfect for me. Never let me down and always worked. Latics Player so far has found to be wanting in many areas. I'm even getting withdrawl symptoms from Gord n Roy!

Edited by millsy82

With the audio commentary, i think that is more through choice of Latics. Some other Player Audio Commentarys from other clubs tend to come on about 15 minutes before.

I'm a new subscriber to Latics Player, so I can't really comment on Latics World, but I like latics player so far. The only flaw I had with it was the highlights and the fact its just near identical footage to the free BBC clips.

With the audio commentary, i think that is more through choice of Latics. Some other Player Audio Commentarys from other clubs tend to come on about 15 minutes before.

Then Latics need to do something similar, or don't they listen to their customers once they have their subsciption ?

I have not had a sigle problem with it ... However for those previously who subscribed to LW the prior to and half time silence really riles me !!! but if the do what the others do at HT and prior its music and chat .... Sure they could think of something... C'mon Ackey use your clout :grin:

I have not had a sigle problem with it ... However for those previously who subscribed to LW the prior to and half time silence really riles me !!! but if the do what the others do at HT and prior its music and chat .... Sure they could think of something... C'mon Ackey use your clout :grin:

anyone remember roy last season says he was off for a dump at half time(roy forgot to turn off the mic's at half time) :D

I must agree with Mr 1960 here. At the moment I sometimes need to listen from random computers, it would be good to know that you are actually logged on in advance of the game and are getting the coverage rather than waiting to see that others are getting it and seeking a solution. Even if it was just Boys in Blue on a loop you would know that you would be switched to the match coverage when it was time. Sort it, Monkey :wink:

I must agree with Mr 1960 here. At the moment I sometimes need to listen from random computers, it would be good to know that you are actually logged on in advance of the game and are getting the coverage rather than waiting to see that others are getting it and seeking a solution. Even if it was just Boys in Blue on a loop you would know that you would be switched to the match coverage when it was time. Sort it, Monkey :wink:

Perhaps the reason they don't play music is the extortionate amounts of money that the performing arts society want for the music played. Why not run a competition of music composed by the fans at half time, run by someone other than Gord and Rob, to give them a break.

My complaint is that I can no longer download the highlightsand interviewa.

What annoys me is the the audio commentary has only worked for 1 out of 3 games so far this season. If this game is unavailable to me I will be asking for a refund for the month. It's hard enough living in a foreign country and trying to keep up with Latics, but when the main source of viewing and listening pleasure is off line or not working properly it is very annoying.

Latics World was perfect for me. Never let me down and always worked. Latics Player so far has found to be wanting in many areas. I'm even getting withdrawl symptoms from Gord n Roy!

I can't reply to every post on here regarding technical issues, as I only get a few minutes a day to look on here.

For all future Latics Player issues please email me, after you've followed the following simple steps (Mods feel free to move to Techie if you'd like).

In all instances I would suggest subscribers do two things first:

1.a. Log in to player, go to the "My Account" area.

MyAccount.jpg

1.b. Ensure that your subscription is "Active" (assuming of course you've paid for a subscription).

subscription.jpg

2.a. Click on "Help" in the bottom left corner of the screen.

help.jpg

2.b. Work through the complete list of help items, ensuring where appropriate that your settings match those suggested.

helpmeny.jpg

2.c. Retry playing the video/listening to commentary.

3.a. Should all of the above not solve the problems which you are having click on the "Contact Us" link, next to the Help link at the bottom of the page.

contact.jpg

3.b. Complete the form provided (ensure you direct your query to the correct department) and if you wish for me to know of the issue send me an email (click my signature below) and I will monitor the situation for you.

If anyone else has a problem with Latics Player which the above does not cover then please feel free to email me, again via the signature below.

Cheers,

Ste

Then Latics need to do something similar, or don't they listen to their customers once they have their subsciption ?

As I've only been in the job for a month or so, and the commentary is already at a high standard, it has been a low priority for me too look at minor tweaks.

However I can assure you that I am open to suggestions and as I've said countless times already anyone with a suggestion please feel free to email me.

I've read many posts on here suggesting things and I've tried to make note of them, but I have doubtless missed some things too - in that time I've had very few emails.

Perhaps the reason they don't play music is the extortionate amounts of money that the performing arts society want for the music played. Why not run a competition of music composed by the fans at half time, run by someone other than Gord and Rob, to give them a break.

My complaint is that I can no longer download the highlights and interview.

As someone who's been heavily into unsigned music in Manchester for a decade I can assure you that this is on my list of things to investigate and incorporate.

As before the issue is time and with the commentary itself well looked after other things, namely teaching myself how to use the various tools of the trade, producing articles and so on, has taken priority.

Now that I am finding my feet and setting up my processes things of this nature will begin to come to the forefront of my daily task list.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as just pressing play. Interviews will require compiling, editing, encoding and so forth - meaning that it will take a few weeks for me to set up a system for them, or things of a similar nature, to be incorporated into the commentary process.

Thanks for the feed back though, keep it coming.

Cheers,

Ste

Any chance of the extended highlights being put on there after the match again? Not that i've really wanted to see extended highlights of any of the games so far....

This is currently under review, what with the increased availability of highlights from the BBC.