Kieran Lee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lee you don't get offered a deal at United for being lazy or naff. He hasn't been given a chance and let's be realistic about that match. Our lads did all the running and work and have travlled to and from London twice in one week. In two weeks they played four games and they a new team. I had a guy near me shouting and moaning all game (which he does every match). His main comnplaint was the players were unfit and didn't deserve to play. I think only Parker played baldy Brill, Hazzell made two costly mistakes and Brill couldn't catch but give him chance he playing with a new defence after suffering relegation with his boyhood club his confidence his shot. Keep Lee on bench he didn't do enough to start and put Whits i for Parker.

If Penney drops him now he wants shooting!!

Is this a serious post or are you just taking the piss?

Where you at the game on Saturday?

If you thought Lee did enough on Saturday to warrent a starting place next week then I would seriously question your judgement.

He lost the ball twice in as many minutes after coming on and then preceded to luckily see a cross go in, that is not sufficient evidence to demand a starting place.

Also Lee has been here over a season now and Penney is the third manager who has failed to see him as a regular starter (I see a pattern beginning to form).

Maybe just maybe he is not good enough and will I think be leaving the club one way or another as soon as it is possible to get him off the books.

I also do appreciate that he is a better player than me. :unsure:

Hmmmm....I must have missed these people constantly criticising...maybe saying they want to see more than a one-hit wonder goal etc.

On the other hand, I haven't missed the fact that even tho he did well for us yesterday, he's not ahead in the pecking order so far. No matter how much ya throw ya dummy around the forum...

& how do you expect him to do this when he has played hardly any competitive football for over a year, also with a manager with no confidence in his ability? (Which according to royle is one of the best at the club?

Also this is not the k lee appreciation club

just that people should not be jumpin on his back and criticisin him unless they have seen him played at least 10+ matches (unless some of you have watched united reserves or QPR)

Also to the one who said "the customer is always right"

so every time a fan at bp complains about a player, we should sell them quickly because the customer does not like it?

This is getting interesting.

My opinion on Lee is that he's got a fair amount of talent, but he needs an arm around his shoulder and a bit of tlc. There's something missing, but you don't get to stay at OT until you're 19 or so, if you're not worth a try. There are 3 things that make a successful footballer and you need all 3 of them - skill/talent at football, fitness and the correct mental attitude. You can play up to our level with 2 out of 3. In fact there's some players who've played for England who've got minimal talent, but who have got the other 2 sorted.

How many players have we seen who have got no talent, but are fit and their head's right, and how many have we seen fall by the wayside who have talent, but their head's away with the fairies?

In fact thinking about it, we've got a few at the moment who probably have only got 1 one of these.

This is getting interesting.

My opinion on Lee is that he's got a fair amount of talent, but he needs an arm around his shoulder and a bit of tlc. There's something missing, but you don't get to stay at OT until you're 19 or so, if you're not worth a try. There are 3 things that make a successful footballer and you need all 3 of them - skill/talent at football, fitness and the correct mental attitude. You can play up to our level with 2 out of 3. In fact there's some players who've played for England who've got minimal talent, but who have got the other 2 sorted.

How many players have we seen who have got no talent, but are fit and their head's right, and how many have we seen fall by the wayside who have talent, but their head's away with the fairies?

In fact thinking about it, we've got a few at the moment who probably have only got 1 one of these.

Agreed, lee strikes me as a confidence type player, who just needs to be pointed in the right direction (& maybe play in his preferred pos)

i wud ave thought penney would like him as he can play in numerous positions

I sometimes get quite embarrassed being a latics fan and reading all these negative comments. I mean everyone deserves an opinion that's what footballs all about but ffs some of the crap that's wrote on here is borderline bullying. Every post you read, there's at least 10 people a post with some bad ass comments which most of the time ain't deserved .Jees we,ve only played three games we got a basically brand new team who ve been together competitively for about three week. Look were not United or City we dint have 100 mill every to spend every transfer window were an average 3rd division team with piss poor attendances the longest serving team in the division with a 50-60 yr old stadium we live in a :censored:ty town we cant attract players never have been able to and probably never will until Abramovich's mates sisters dogs babysitters uncle comes and buys us, i think were lucky to have tta they but they just seem to be pissing in the wind

& how do you expect him to do this when he has played hardly any competitive football for over a year, also with a manager with no confidence in his ability? (Which according to royle is one of the best at the club?

Also this is not the k lee appreciation club

just that people should not be jumpin on his back and criticisin him unless they have seen him played at least 10+ matches (unless some of you have watched united reserves or QPR)

Also to the one who said "the customer is always right"

so every time a fan at bp complains about a player, we should sell them quickly because the customer does not like it?

Fella...who the F is complaining about him??????????????????

Saying he's not yet earned a place about others is not complaining he isn't good enough. Come on...don't be soft eh! He'll get his chance. If Penney deems so....and then find me a Latics fan who disagree with him being given it.

Fella...who the F is complaining about him??????????????????

Saying he's not yet earned a place about others is not complaining he isn't good enough. Come on...don't be soft eh! He'll get his chance. If Penney deems so....and then find me a Latics fan who disagree with him being given it.

Oh come on BB80, you must see that he should be getting an England call up? Surely?

Like I said, I think the K Lee fan club is out - anything but adulation is treated as condemnation. Although to be fair, perhaps some of them are kids who judge a good perfomrance by goals rather than actual input. Lee scored - fine - it's somehting, but it's not everything, and it was more than a little fortunate.

Oh come on BB80, you must see that he should be getting an England call up? Surely?

Like I said, I think the K Lee fan club is out - anything but adulation is treated as condemnation. Although to be fair, perhaps some of them are kids who judge a good perfomrance by goals rather than actual input. Lee scored - fine - it's somehting, but it's not everything, and it was more than a little fortunate.

How much input do you want a player to put into a game, with 13 mins to go, having played hardly anything for over a year?