No comments from the manager

Not for the first time no comments from the Latics manager the evening after a game, yet Danny Wilson has given an interview for the Swindon website. :(

I will feel let down if Penny doesn't come out and say something at least.

it is a big a joke as reuben hazell and defending.

They record the interview at like 5.30pm then it takes 5 mins to upload it or some comments at the very least to the website, as stu vose did last year, he had the post match stuff up on the day of the game weekend or midweek whatever the game.

This new guy will probably be in the pub with his mates off this board and then upload it tomorrow, what a joke.

Edited by shefflatic

They record the interview at like 5.30pm then it takes 5 mins to upload it or some comments at the very least to the website, as stu vose did last year, he had the post match stuff up on the day of the game weekend or midweek whatever the game.

This new guy will probably be in the pub with his mates off this board and then upload it tomorrow, what a joke.

But has the manager actually done an interview just after the game ?

EDIT

From main site:

However due to a file corruption an interview with Dave Penney will be unavailable until early next week, Latics Player sincerely apologises for these difficulties, which were beyond anyone's control.

hopefully in the future there will be interviews after games if at all possible and not the next day, we'll see but if stu can do it the new guy surely can

EDIT

From main site:

However due to a file corruption an interview with Dave Penney will be unavailable until early next week, Latics Player sincerely apologises for these difficulties, which were beyond anyone's control.

hopefully in the future there will be interviews after games if at all possible and not the next day, we'll see but if stu can do it the new guy surely can

That may refer to the video, but surely his comments can be written on the official site after the game?

Edited by BP1960

Just to clarify, I have never left the game and gone to the pub and I resent that accusation.

I have spent the last hour trying to investigate the problem with the interview.

I have also written a comprehensive Half Time, Full Time and Complete Match Report - all of which are online now.

The interview with :censored: thankfully worked OK and is uploading as we speak. It takes around 45 minutes to fully edit a basic 5 minute interview video and encrypt it in to the correct format for upload and an additional 30 minutes or so to upload via my home broadband.

5 minutes to upload a video is pie-in-the-sky optimism. I wish it were that simple, but sadly it is not.

That may refer to the video, but surely his comments can be written on the official site after the game?

I transcribe the written articles from the video interview, as I have my hands full and can not write at the same time. Next time, knowing what I now do, I will also record the interview on my iPhone for contingency.

Regards,

Ste

EDIT - to add response regarding transcription.

Edited by Webmonkey

I think there has been a lack of balance from both sides with the Webmonkey appointment and the service thereafter. Anyone can see that there was no time for a full handover from the previous incumbent to the new one, which can hardly be Ste's fault and which just can't be fixed overnight in a technical job. On the other hand, it's perhaps not that clever that every legitimate customer concern raised on here has been met with a member of the moderation team having a go back, when it isn't really their business if a paying customer is pissed off at what they are getting. Everyone needs to take a step back. He's clearly trying to get to grips with what needs to be done, and he's a grown man, I'm sure it will all come good sooner rather than later.

i agree yes, i dont see why, if it isnt possible to upload a video interview immidiately after a game that a short transcript cant go up.

I appreciate that the web guy is probably still getting used to the systems etc and how things work, i hope he realises that my comments about the service are meant to be constructive and to allow the club to offer a better/more efficient service, not a personal attack.

I transcribe the written articles from the video interview, as I have my hands full and can not write at the same time. Next time, knowing what I now do, I will also record the interview on my iPhone for contingency.

Regards,

Ste

With respect I don't think you should be doing the match reports (although you do them well) someone else should do that job and leave you to run the technical side of things, you have enough on your plate without being a match reporter as well.

penney was in bad mood left the ground to early that why he never talked to the oldham site and the press.

He did speak to the press. Earlier in the thread, and on the official website (last paragraph here), it says the interview is presently unavailable due to technical difficulties.

On the other hand, it's perhaps not that clever that every legitimate customer concern raised on here has been met with a member of the moderation team having a go back, when it isn't really their business if a paying customer is pissed off at what they are getting. Everyone needs to take a step back.

Not everything is as black and white as that. Perhaps it's good form to support a friend - the person, whilst a minority of fans on the forums see it fit to have a go at the individual as well as the content. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - and so has Ste - if anybody has any gripes with the content, email him. If one wants to pursue the issue ad hominem as shown above in a previous post, expect some "steps forward"...

Closed.