Nick Blackman

Anyone else thought that this lad was quality. I thought he was great yesterday. Good movement, great awareness and good passing. Id try and keep him for abit longer. Only 19 has alot to offer.

Was very impressed with him.

S**t missed that sorry lmao.

Edited by LaticsLee

Anyone else thought that this las was quality. I thought he was great yesterday. Good movement, great awareness and good passing. Id try and keep him for abit longer. Only 19 has alot to offer.

Jesus didn’t realise Blackman was south African? where do we stand on gender testing? Lmao

Anyone else thought that this las was quality. I thought he was great yesterday. Good movement, great awareness and good passing. Id try and keep him for abit longer. Only 19 has alot to offer.

:lol: whatever floats your boat

Edited by razza699

Very impressed with him, never stopped running,played some great balls into the box and was a bit unlucky not to score. First touch wasn't the best but that's understandable if he's not played first team football for a while.

Think it showed Penneys faith in Byfield

Yeh i think if we get Blackman on a longer deal then we'l be waving goodbye to Byfield. Which i don't mind because i'm not really a fan of his. Maybe he should be given a start before we let him go, to let him prove himself. I doubt he'l be here for much longer though.

Yeh i think if we get Blackman on a longer deal then we'l be waving goodbye to Byfield. Which i don't mind because i'm not really a fan of his. Maybe he should be given a start before we let him go, to let him prove himself. I doubt he'l be here for much longer though.

Get him on the shoulder, Pav's quality should ensure young Nick gets plenty of opportunities...

very impressed, has the identical traits of beckford (J not D) lanky, well built, pace and gets in peoples faces, season long loan for me.

Ill say it again, i think when taylor gets fitv(and if he stays) and purdie and/or smalley returns and gets fit we will be a much better team in terms of getting goals. Purdie/smalley on the right gives us 2 quick wing options and would mean parker/abbott/et al would have more chance of being in the box than needing to come wide.

Lets hope so anyway KTF

We've seen loanee strikers have good debuts before and then flatter to deceive as time wears on. Give him another couple of games and see how he fares, though if he performs to the same standard I'd expect DP will be making a phonecall to Uncle Sam and asking to keep him and :censored: on until a further review at Christmas.

I think one or two people are getting very carried away on this thread, on the back of only one performance, he wasn't that good.

He did alright I'd say, nothing much more than that.

It was reported that he has pace, but I saw no evidence of it on Saturday.

I also thought he held on to the ball too long on more than one occasion, which broke down the fluidity of the attacks.

I think one or two people are getting very carried away on this thread, on the back of only one performance, he wasn't that good.

He did alright I'd say, nothing much more than that.

It was reported that he has pace, but I saw no evidence of it on Saturday.

I also thought he held on to the ball too long on more than one occasion, which broke down the fluidity of the attacks.

At last a bit of sanity - the guy looked raw and had a decent first touch - but he had an okay game nothing more. It is very difficult to judge based on one game. There are many examples of loanees starting well and then fading fast - Daniel Jones anybody?

While we are at it - what has happened to Gilbert? Looked a real find in his first couple of games - looked poor on Saturday - is it the Oldham water?

At last a bit of sanity - the guy looked raw and had a decent first touch - but he had an okay game nothing more. It is very difficult to judge based on one game. There are many examples of loanees starting well and then fading fast - Daniel Jones anybody?

While we are at it - what has happened to Gilbert? Looked a real find in his first couple of games - looked poor on Saturday - is it the Oldham water?

He was OK, nothing more than that. Feels like last year when we are playing all sorts up front. Why not O'Grady? He has never been given a run and I saw all the attibutes in him to make a good centre forweard. If you don't play him he will never score.

I thought he looked ok, nearly scored which would have changed the whole game but he did fanny about with the ball in our own half which led to Gregan being outpaced by their forward. It is fine and dandy to do the flicks and tricks in their half but not your own, showed that he is young and raw at this point, hopefully a few games will give him experience and he can show us what he can do.

Anyone else thought that this lad was quality. I thought he was great yesterday. Good movement, great awareness and good passing. Id try and keep him for abit longer. Only 19 has alot to offer.

S**t missed that sorry lmao.

if dp thinks about it we could get him cheep or free of uncle sam and do a bit of work with him and turn him in to a jermaian beckferd,chris porter,or even a roger palmer. and if he dose get to that sell hin for around 1m. i think he could score 20-30 goals a seasion in leauge 1 he's younger nouth

if dp thinks about it we could get him cheep or free of uncle sam and do a bit of work with him and turn him in to a jermaian beckferd,chris porter,or even a roger palmer. and if he dose get to that sell hin for around 1m. i think he could score 20-30 goals a seasion in leauge 1 he's younger nouth

Thats a massive assumption on the back of one game. :blink:

One thing I did notice with blackman was him comning back and covering, and winning the ball at defensive set peices - a sign of hard work and something to be praised. Looked decent going forward, good footwork. I think he'll do well. Shame we didn't get him from macc before b-stard rovers.

One thing I did notice with blackman was him comning back and covering, and winning the ball at defensive set peices - a sign of hard work and something to be praised. Looked decent going forward, good footwork. I think he'll do well. Shame we didn't get him from macc before b-stard rovers.

As I say his pace on the shoulder could be a real asset, especially away from home.