Taylor to Leeds again (from a Leeds view)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A million I could live with, although I would expect at least half of that to be reinvested back into the team

Why would TTA spend half a mill when we are losing so much money? They will use the funds to sustain the losses which keeps us running as a football club!

Taylor is a very good player and we will miss him if he goes - of course you can pick holes in anyones game if you want to, but he is a talented player at this (and perhaps a higher level). Most of his failings are those that will improve with time, coaching and playing alongside players of a higher standard than a mid-table 3rd division side.

The fact that 2 or 3 players mark him at times at BP should create massive opportunites elsewhere on the pitch to be exploited - however the current Oldham team cannot do this. This is not a fault of Taylor, but of the team overall. Holden got triple marked at times, but a simple backwards pass to another player resulted in another move from centre or the right having a devastating effect. All we do is lose posessesion or lump a hopeful ball into the box.

As for a fee - generally I do feel we seem to get lower fees than other teams. But then again there are lots of players in the lower leagues that move on for small fees, but we remember the exception ones and compare. So perhaps we are a little unrealistic. However I'd have thought £750k and SOC would seem a fair minimum - £500k would be a bit low even for us.

The fact that 2 or 3 players mark him at times at BP should create massive opportunites elsewhere on the pitch to be exploited - however the current Oldham team cannot do this. This is not a fault of Taylor, but of the team overall.

Not right at the moment, but when Smalley was fit last season he had pretty much a free run down the right because teams were too busy marking Taylor. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as well with Parker or Whitaker (not surprisingly, cos he isn't a winger).

Why would TTA spend half a mill when we are losing so much money? They will use the funds to sustain the losses which keeps us running as a football club!

Why is it unrealistic to expect some of the money from the potential sale of our most valuable player to be reinvested back into the team?

If Taylor goes for 1 mill (and thats a big if, I think it will be an awful lot less than that if Eardley is anything to go by)

Assuming the losses are 500k a year, 700k plus the 300k = TTA wont have to dip their hands into their own pockets for the next two years if they play their cards right, with 300k left over to be reinvested back into the team.

Penny has said there have been no bids for Taylor

You can ask any number of questions to a football club and be guaranteed to receive a positive, encouraging (and actually, most of the time, honest) reply.

They usually have, however, no bearing whatsoever on what actually transpires.

Sad but true.

B)

There has been a lot of speculation regarding Taylor as with Beckford. Im guessing you are relieved to keep him as Leeds are with Beckford. For me Keeping Beckford is far more important than signing Taylor. I do believe Leeds have the quality now without him anyway even though Taylor is a very good player for this level.