If we didnt sell

If we could have kept hold of players instead of cashing in or releasing and if we were not betrayed this could have been our team:

Crossley,

Eardley,

Trotman,

Gregan,

Jacobsen

Smalley,

Allott,

Furman,

Taylor,

Hughes,

Porter

dont you think that team could easily have gained promotion?

If we could have kept hold of players instead of cashing in or releasing and if we were not betrayed this could have been our team:

Crossley - No, too old

Eardley - Too many mistakes

Trotman - Yes

Gregan - Maybe, too slow

Jacobsen - Couldnt say

Smalley - Yes

Allott - Yes

Furman - Yes

Taylor - Yes

Hughes - Yes/No

Porter - Wouldnt have been here by now anyway.

Crossley,

Eardley,

Trotman,

Gregan,

Jacobsen

Smalley,

Allott,

Furman,

Taylor,

Hughes,

Porter

Personally, I don't.

Firstly, we would have needed a rich Arab owner to try and keep Lee Hughes and pay the bills. The majority were on larger contracts signed before the credit crunhc hit.

Secondly, the majority of that team COULD have gained promotion, but bottled it. They were top of the League but went giddy after that.

With Eardley we had to cash in. 1/3 million or so or £0. If it were you're money, what would you do?

Trotman is going a bit too far back.

Personally, I don't.

Firstly, we would have needed a rich Arab owner to try and keep Lee Hughes and pay the bills. The majority were on larger contracts signed before the credit crunhc hit.

Secondly, the majority of that team COULD have gained promotion, but bottled it. They were top of the League but went giddy after that.

With Eardley we had to cash in. 1/3 million or so or £0. If it were you're money, what would you do?

Trotman is going a bit too far back.

Not as far back as Porter though. That team wouldn't have gone up, the midfield's not good enough.

And that, sadly, was the last real chance that we'll see this club playing football at a higher level again.

The idea of promotion has been quietly dropped. Hence the small stadium proposal.

Mark my words.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

[quote QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Sep 1 2009, 13:41 PM)

And that, sadly, was the last real chance that we'll see this club playing football at a higher level again.

The idea of promotion has been quietly dropped. Hence the small stadium proposal.

Mark my words.

..we heard you the first time.

[quote QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Sep 1 2009, 13:41 PM)

Mark my words.

..we heard you the first time.

The occasional reminder doesn't go amiss. I wouldn't like some of you to take your eyes off the ball.

Mark my words.

Don't agree with that at all Corp........although a promotion assault is highly unlikely this season, I don't think we could have tempted Dave Penney to come here unless we had the ambition to get into the championship.

With a couple of promotions on his CV there's no way that he would have been content to tread water in this division.

Mark my words.

If the fans have no intention of the club moving forward ... it wont.

so Corp get behind the f*****g team! :ranting:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Don't agree with that at all Corp........although a promotion assault is highly unlikely this season, I don't think we could have tempted Dave Penney to come here unless we had the ambition to get into the championship.

With a couple of promotions on his CV there's no way that he would have been content to tread water in this division.

What makes you think football managers don't suffer the same vain optimism as the fans? (I speak as a recovering optimist.)

There have been loads of managers who believe they can do the business with whatever players are put at their disposal, although their number iis probably diminishing as it becomes more obvious that ninety percent of those who succeed, at whatever level, are those who can afford to outspend the rest.

Would DP have even known of the plan to build a stadium with a limit on capacity that suggests the club no longer expects to be playing all that many big clubs again?

You don't have to listen. There's a thousand Mickey Mouse threads for you to distract yourself with below.

Indeed there may be, but unfortunately you will have the words 'small stadium' mentioned in many of them AGAIN!

You're too consistently petty to be annoying, yet too repetative to be taken seriously - however you do get the chance on here to interact with others, something that I feel may not be consistent in your day to day life away from the screen.

Crossley,

Eardley,

Trotman,

Gregan,

Jacobsen

Smalley,

Allott,

Furman,

Taylor,

Hughes,

Porter

lets start this again.

Indeed there may be, but unfortunately you will have the words 'small stadium' mentioned in many of them AGAIN!

You're too consistently petty to be annoying, yet too repetative to be taken seriously - however you do get the chance on here to interact with others, something that I feel may not be consistent in your day to day life away from the screen.

I'm only on about 0.5% of threads. You're welcome to the rest-most of them are as interesting as watching paint dry.

What anybody does away from the screen has nothing to do with anything, and if what you say is the case, I don't see what you and certain others have got to cry about so often.

I'm only on about 0.5% of threads. You're welcome to the rest-most of them are as interesting as watching paint dry.

What anybody does away from the screen has nothing to do with anything, and if what you say is the case, I don't see what you and certain others have got to cry about so often.

No tears evident m'lud

You and certain other happy clappers come along with your metaphorical tears whenever I rear my head.

Christ was persecuted, too, however.

Ironic that you use the words rear and head so close to one another Corp.........

And I'm as close to being a happy clapper as you are to doom and gloom personified.