Dave Penney

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am losing my faith with him now give him couple of more games if he fails i want him out sorry to say.

he has not brought a central def in thats the main problem we got.

the ball is in his court now. he is surrounded by the players he had with him at darlo. if he cant get them into shape in the next 6 games. then he might be getting a visit from simon corney. especially if the crowds dont pick up.

Am losing my faith with him now give him couple of more games if he fails i want him out sorry to say.

We all know that we need a cb put its only been waht 7/8 games give him half a chance not like he has spent millions n bought cr!p he is on a shoe string budget doing his best i'd give him a least till this time next season n if results n profomances have'nt changed then i may get on the penny out band wagon.

F****** shut up the lot of you!!!! you are NOT fans of OAFC!! yes we all have opinions but to want DP out after 6 YES 6 games is an insulting suggestion!!

Tonight was excellent 1st half, poor 2nd half and yet again we give teams goals without them doing anything through our poor defending. He KNOWS we need a CB but anyone ever thought that the people he wants arent available at present? No because you are all morons wanting instant success in 8 weeks of a job!

Clueless Shez had 3 YEARS!! DP knows his football and knows what he is doing. He has no or little money to spend he has already brought in some good young players, add to that purdie and abbott and we have a very good squad.

We have 6-8 key players out injured!!

When we have a full squad to pick from we will have a very good team and i think a lot of you will be suprised where we finish. OK we may not get playoffs this year but id certainly back us as top 6 material next year once he has finished getting rid of the dross left by Shez (hazell, lomax, casper, o'grady)

DP is the best this club has had since JR and the glory years, give the man time FFS and we may just do something, god some of you guys do my nut in!!

TEAM WHEN EVERYONE FIT:

Brill

:censored:

Gregan

NEW CB

Sheehan

Colbeck

Furman

Worthington

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman

subs: GK, Holdsworth, Hazell, Whitaker, Smalley, Purdie, Lee, Jacobson, Parker, Brooke, youth lads etc. (add stephens and Alessandra to that list if they return from loan spells)

Edited by shefflatic

F****** shut up the lot of you!!!! you are NOT fans of OAFC!! yes we all have opinions but to want DP out after 6 YES 6 games is an insulting suggestion!!

Tonight was excellent 1st half, poor 2nd half and yet again we give teams goals without them doing anything through our poor defending. He KNOWS we need a CB but anyone ever thought that the people he wants arent available at present? No because you are all morons wanting instant success in 8 weeks of a job!

Clueless Shez had 3 YEARS!! DP knows his football and knows what he is doing. He has no or little money to spend he has already brought in some good young players, add to that purdie and abbott and we have a very good squad.

We have 6-8 key players out injured!!

When we have a full squad to pick from we will have a very good team and i think a lot of you will be suprised where we finish. OK we may not get playoffs this year but id certainly back us as top 6 material next year once he has finished getting rid of the dross left by Shez (hazell, lomax, casper, o'grady)

DP is the best this club has had since JR and the glory years, give the man time FFS and we may just do something, god some of you guys do my nut in!!

TEAM WHEN EVERYONE FIT:

Brill

:censored:

Gregan

NEW CB

Sheehan

Colbeck

Furman

Worthington

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman

subs: GK, Holdsworth, Hazell, Whitaker, Smalley, Purdie, Lee, Jacobson, Parker, Brooke, youth lads etc. (add stephens and Alessandra to that list if they return from loan spells)

Can i just ask, who are the 6-8 key players out injured? Because your team when everyone is fit is not hugely different from tonight, and one of them is NEW CB (who we dont have so cant possibly be injured) and one is Colbeck (who no-one has seen so doesn't know if he is any good). If there are 6-8 "key" players out, then that at least 6 changes to that team.

Plus, we need 2 new CB's. Hazell is poor, but Gregan was much worse tonight. That man is going backwards.

And to call Hazell the "dross left by Shez" is harsh. He is poor at the moment and needs replacing, but was voted as player of the season by us (the fans) last season.

"Shez had 3 YEARS!!"...not a long time at all. How many years did Big Joe get before we did anything? Was it 5 or 6? And even Alex Ferguson took 5 years to win a trophy with that lot.

Penney needs to be given time, and plenty of it. 3 years minimum.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Win a few games at home and it will ease the pain of going to BP. At the moment I am not getting much enjoyment at all bar the odd nice flick from Pav and a few runs or shots here and there. No need to panic at the moment in my mind but I cannot see us getting anywhere near the playoffs this year and the current season is all about building up for next year.

Its posts like this opening one Im afriad that are killing this board, where have all these morons crept out of the woodwork from.

DP is doing a good job we have virtually a new team that is gelling quicker than expected. Yes we need a centre back, and maybe two eventually. But as has already been said the players he wants are probably not available or out of our price range at present. Colbeck will be a good signing my contact who is a Bradford fan says he is reasonably quick,can beat a man and cross, on top of that he is a worker.Let him get on and do his job he knows what he wants and will get there we just have to be patient. His comments earlier this week hinted about what type of prority this game had in his thoughts.

It's all a bit harsh this on Penney We currently have around 14 players unavailable at the moment and that's without the players we've sent out on loan

1'st Players out at the moment and at least 4 or even 5 would start

Taylor

Smalley

Purdie

Jacobson

Worthington

Colbeck

Parker

Reserve players out at the minute and the 5 that got called up to the Hungarian squads 3 of them play for the Hungry national team at under 19 level

Steer

Lomax

Kalnoki-Kis

Tischler

Csiki

Fordor

Csorba

It's not going to be easy when you have that many players out we even had to call the reserve game off for tomorrow as we haven't got enough players to play so lets at least get our 1st team 11 out before we call for the managers head eh.

It's all a bit harsh this on Penney We currently have around 14 players unavailable at the moment and that's without the players we've sent out on loan

1'st Players out at the moment and at least 4 or even 5 would start

Taylor

Smalley

Purdie

Jacobson

Worthington

Colbeck

Parker

Reserve players out at the minute and the 5 that got called up to the Hungarian squads 3 of them play for the Hungry national team at under 19 level

Steer

Lomax

Kalnoki-Kis

Tischler

Csiki

Fordor

Csorba

It's not going to be easy when you have that many players out we even had to call the reserve game off for tomorrow as we haven't got enough players to play so lets at least get our 1st team 11 out before we call for the managers head eh.

The criticism of Penney is ridiculous, and this list of unavailable players underlines it. Living in the south, I have not yet been to BP this season but have seen all three London matches. In every one, we have been worth a draw at least and all three could easily have been won. Not that we are playing great football but Penney has them fighting for every ball in the matches I have seen. If I were watching at BP, I would be brassed off that we cannot win at home but it seems to me we have some decent players there and the potential for a sound side. I agree about the need for another CB and I suspect Abbott is a much more limited player than people seem to give him credit for. But so far, I have seen nothing to suggest Penney is anything but a good manager. Lets see what happens when Colbeck fits in, Smalley, Taylor, Jacobson and Worthington are fit.

Jeeze Even I think thats Harsh lol

This season is a write off anyway, the players and staff have to gel if they do and we are near the top 6 at the end of the season then that’s a remarkable achievement with the league being so good this year.

Anything above 12th I am Happy with come the end of this season.

The only criticism I have is over the centre back situation, IMO Reuben has been poor since signing his latest contract and Gregan has stayed two seasons too long with us.

Oh. My. Lord. Get. A. F*****g. Grip.

Feckin booooooooooooo Dave! After 5 league and 2 cup games we should be 16 points clear of the pack and have made our appointments to see the Wembley Suit Tailors by now! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The closure of the transfer window does not mean that we cannot get another player in till january you know.

The loan market opens up again next week.

Calm down dear.

You were a joke on the last site and you're a joke on here..........Go and find something worthwhile to do with your spare time!!!!!!!

I thought Dave's sides are meant to be tight units

I thought Dean Furman was a star of the future and we would get a big fee for him

I thought Rueban Hazel would be solid

I though Dean Brill would be a safe bet

I thought we would have signed a centre half by now

I thought david would bring good times back

I thought wrong, give this man another month then axe him before he drags our club down into league 2

Feckin booooooooooooo Dave! After 5 league and 2 cup games we should be 16 points clear of the pack and have made our appointments to see the Wembley Suit Tailors by now! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, when you put it like that...

Anyway, the FA Cup is still on. I just hope we dont have hideous cream suits like Liverpool did that time.

I thought Dave's sides are meant to be tight units

I thought Dean Furman was a star of the future and we would get a big fee for him - was off colour last night (and not the only one). He and :censored: looked good in the 1st half but both faded and eventually :censored: was moved to RB.

I thought Rueban Hazel would be solid - so did the club when they gave him a nice shiny new contract last season.

I though Dean Brill would be a safe bet - Brill seems to be gradually improving, which probably aint easy with the Chuckle Brothers in front of you.

I thought we would have signed a centre half by now - agreed. Baffling.

I thought david would bring good times back - it's 7 games in Dean, with a virtually new team, and a handful of key injuries. We've only lost once in the league.

I thought wrong, give this man another month then axe him before he drags our club down into league 2 - Get a grip lad.