Lets sort out to moaners and groaners

Is it just me or is any one else sick of the moaners an groaners that congregate around our club, maybe if people actually remembered the true meaning of the word "supporter" we might start to see glimpses of improvements from the team. Its only a few games in, and I don't really consider it to be a very bad start, I didn't really have high expectations for this season anyway, this is the season in which a new team and new management need time to gel, and they need our support and encouragement through thick and thin. So come on people lets try an do something about the situation its been going on for to many years now and gradually seems to get worse season on season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is any one else sick of the moaners an groaners that congregate around our club, maybe if people actually remembered the true meaning of the word "supporter" we might start to see glimpses of improvements from the team. Its only a few games in, and I don't really consider it to be a very bad start, I didn't really have high expectations for this season anyway, this is the season in which a new team and new management need time to gel, and they need our support and encouragement through thick and thin. So come on people lets try an do something about the situation its been going on for to many years now and gradually seems to get worse season on season.

Every club has got them- it's up to the rest of us to make more noise than them - drown 'em out ya see - starting with Friday :huh:

exactly .... top half, only one defeat in league. Brand new team, changing every week as Penney tries to work out the best formula. 3 trips to capital returning 4 points. Dominated 2 games at home only to draw em cos of inspired GK / poor defensive errors.

Star man aint hit top form and new striker while looking very decent aint quite got scoring boots on yet (still got 2goals in 6).

We're not bottom half and are in the pack after 5 games.

People keep saying no home wins since Valentines day .... BUT ... wot does that mean? only 2 of those league games featured the new look squad and manager, so all those stats are irrelevant

PLEASE STOP MOANING AND BACK OUR LATICS ON FRIDAY .... yes a win is important but not as vital as some suggest. Give DP time and lets see.

Keep The Faith !!!!!

I just think the moaners have won at Oldham, I cant be arsed anymore. I just sit watching the game chatting to my dad, no one wants to join in any attempt to make an atmosphere. Last year where we sat in the RRE, if anyone in our bit dared to stand up for over 10 seconds in a moment of excitement or to get behind the team it would be SIT DOWN!! People say its every club, yes every club does have its fair share but not on the same scale at BP.

I know everyone doesnt want to stand sing or shout but these people berate those who do and it really gets on my nerves. My philosophy is the fans should be getting behind the team no matter what, not waiting to get entertained. Then if the players serve up :censored:e, we as fans have a earned the right to have a go because we have done our bit!

I'm not supporting the moaners and i'm certainly not one of them but i think the numerous false dawns over the last few years have taken their toll,hence the lack of patience with the team and also the dwindling attendances.

I'm with you though lets get behind them and see where that takes us.

We could try supporting the f*cking team.

Those who do nothing but sit and moan and/or hurl abuse from the stands at Boundary Park should get themselves to a few away games and learn a few things from our fantastic away following.

i meant what does he suggest we do to "sort out the monaers and groaners"

Every club has got them- it's up to the rest of us to make more noise than them - drown 'em out ya see - starting with Friday :huh:

Yet in the RRE, when we stand up we sing, but soon as this happens you get the moaning grumpy stewards telling us to sit back down.

If it possible, for the short-term get a roof over the broadway stand with some toilets and refreshment bar there and have it so that it is a standing stand

Ill back the team during the game but if they dont give us what we want people have a right to moan it cant be stopped. It like anything in life that goes wrong people will be negative, with latics it is sometimes hard to be positive.

I was at work today looking back at the fixture list for 02/03 wishing i could go back in time for the days where fans were always happy and our team was invinsible. Great days, being unbeaten away until march, massive away support, great atmostpheres, players who cared.

You look at this season and cant help but think its going to be dull, with more downs than ups. Who actually is looking forward to Hartlepool at home on friday night- id say about 3500 will be there, with 50% of that crowd feeling like we will fu** up in the 86th minute like usual. Id like to hope that it will come good but i dont buy this "i will be happy with mid table", as what is the point we may aswell finish 17th.

Anyway we will see what happens but i wish it was inspiring as the 02/03 season

moaning at the moaners....the irony

it cannot be avoided. it´s annoying and after a good number of seasons trying my best to help create an atmosphere and getting in arguments in the process, i don´t want to make the effort now, though i will if others do. when we played swindon town this season i stood up to let someone by me and i was immediately shouted at to sit down! it´s pathetic

People who pay their hard earned cash for a season ticket/admission to cup games/away trips etc have the right to moan and groan at some of the displays been shown. Last night was nothing short of a disgrace. We shouldn't be losing at home to Accrington Stanley (no disrespect to them) with our strongest availavble side out. I, myself, am one of the biggest moaners on a match day and on here, does that make me less of a fan than you or anybody else?

You are 100% right my friend but it wont change until we no longer have a club (which is inevitable in my eyes). People keep moaning at TTA and whoever they appoint. If I was investing in a football club like they have I wouldnt tolerate the :censored: that is spouted on this sight, in the Chron and now to their faces at the games. They keep shelling money on the team week in week out only to be slated. Only a matter of time before they do what Chris Moore did and who could blame them. :ranting:

People who pay their hard earned cash for a season ticket/admission to cup games/away trips etc have the right to moan and groan at some of the displays been shown. Last night was nothing short of a disgrace. We shouldn't be losing at home to Accrington Stanley (no disrespect to them) with our strongest availavble side out. I, myself, am one of the biggest moaners on a match day and on here, does that make me less of a fan than you or anybody else?

Ill back the team during the game but if they dont give us what we want people have a right to moan it cant be stopped. It like anything in life that goes wrong people will be negative, with latics it is sometimes hard to be positive.

I was at work today looking back at the fixture list for 02/03 wishing i could go back in time for the days where fans were always happy and our team was invinsible. Great days, being unbeaten away until march, massive away support, great atmostpheres, players who cared.

You look at this season and cant help but think its going to be dull, with more downs than ups. Who actually is looking forward to Hartlepool at home on friday night- id say about 3500 will be there, with 50% of that crowd feeling like we will fu** up in the 86th minute like usual. Id like to hope that it will come good but i dont buy this "i will be happy with mid table", as what is the point we may aswell finish 17th.

Anyway we will see what happens but i wish it was inspiring as the 02/03 season

You youngsters need to get a grip! Your just impatient whiper snappers :grin:

I didn't go last night as I missed my first home game in about 4 years due to work commitments (I was actually at the cricket at OT - I know I know, there wasn't any but at least I got a buffet and a few drinks around town.)

You think this is bad? You really have got to be joking. It is nothing like the worst we have faced in my time watching Latics.

If I'm perfectly honest that probably came in the later years of the Jimmy Friz reign and the ealry years under big Joe. Things under Frizz got progressively worse as crowds dropped and funds became, to say the least, stretched. Players were sold to keep us afloat (for more recent examples see the Chris Moore fire sale, except this happened every year) Eventually Frizz was sacked in 1982 because, as then chairman Harry Wilde stated, we couldn't afford to pay the manager £20K a year - yes that is a year.

Big Joe came in, and against the odds, had a relatively successful first season (see also Shez season 1 for a comparison), then had all his best players sold off in a 6 month fire sale (John Ryan to Newcastle, Paul Atkinson to Watford, Roger Wylde to Porto or was it Sporting in Portugal and then 6 months later, just was we were getting our act together, Paul Futcher to Derby. Sales that brought in about £600K which is probably around £2.5 million today. Players like Derick Parker, Joe McBride etc were brought in. Honest but inferior players. Performances went through the floor, we struggled against relegation, crowds dropped, again (If you believe the corp that is only a recent thing)

BUT BUT BUT BUT the board stood firm, stuck with a "cheap" manager, backed him where possible and slowly but surley JR started to put togther a team that would ultimately be the most successful in the clubs history. It didn't happen straight away and there were highs and lows along the way. The low that sticks out is a 5-0 drubbing at Portsmouth. Now that is a bloody long journey for a good thrashing and a performance that was far worse than any I have seen at BP in the last 5 years. Co-incidentally one of the incredible highs was a 4-3 vicrtory at Pompey where we were 4-0 up at half time.

This board have already said that sacking Rugby Ron was a mistake, whilst that is debateable, the thing that comes out of that statement is that they should have shown more patience and that is what this thread is all about. Patience

DP has a track record comparable with any manager since Colin (god I hate saying that - what I mean is JR & JF) he needs time to mould his team and style of play whilst working round a constrained budget and the problems of transfer windows. The early signs, despite some of the threads on here, are actually encouraging.

BB80 has stated in other threads already that he would be happy with a top 10 finish this season (I'm sure he has said that previously for other managers 1st seasons) and that is fair. Anything else would be a bonus. But don't rule out a bonus. There are some "big" teams in league 1 and they are all under pressure and I can guarantee that 1 or more will implode under that pressure and teams like us and Swindon could well capitalise. If it does then great. If not, then we continue to build for next year keeping stability at the forefront.

As for the critisisms, get real, you don't know you were born.

Wishing for 2002/03 and saying we shouldn't be losing at home to the likes of Accrington Stanley are nothing new, just the yooth of today repeating things like we shouldn't be losing at home to Scarborough (1973) and I wish it could be 69/70 (Fryatt & Shaw) again after a few years of no success.

Roll on Friday.

Cheers,

Harry

I didn't go last night as I missed my first home game in about 4 years due to work commitments (I was actually at the cricket at OT - I know I know, there wasn't any but at least I got a buffet and a few drinks around town.)

You think this is bad? You really have got to be joking. It is nothing like the worst we have faced in my time watching Latics.

If I'm perfectly honest that probably came in the later years of the Jimmy Friz reign and the ealry years under big Joe. Things under Frizz got progressively worse as crowds dropped and funds became, to say the least, stretched. Players were sold to keep us afloat (for more recent examples see the Chris Moore fire sale, except this happened every year) Eventually Frizz was sacked in 1982 because, as then chairman Harry Wilde stated, we couldn't afford to pay the manager £20K a year - yes that is a year.

Big Joe came in, and against the odds, had a relatively successful first season (see also Shez season 1 for a comparison), then had all his best players sold off in a 6 month fire sale (John Ryan to Newcastle, Paul Atkinson to Watford, Roger Wylde to Porto or was it Sporting in Portugal and then 6 months later, just was we were getting our act together, Paul Futcher to Derby. Sales that brought in about £600K which is probably around £2.5 million today. Players like Derick Parker, Joe McBride etc were brought in. Honest but inferior players. Performances went through the floor, we struggled against relegation, crowds dropped, again (If you believe the corp that is only a recent thing)

BUT BUT BUT BUT the board stood firm, stuck with a "cheap" manager, backed him where possible and slowly but surley JR started to put togther a team that would ultimately be the most successful in the clubs history. It didn't happen straight away and there were highs and lows along the way. The low that sticks out is a 5-0 drubbing at Portsmouth. Now that is a bloody long journey for a good thrashing and a performance that was far worse than any I have seen at BP in the last 5 years. Co-incidentally one of the incredible highs was a 4-3 vicrtory at Pompey where we were 4-0 up at half time.

This board have already said that sacking Rugby Ron was a mistake, whilst that is debateable, the thing that comes out of that statement is that they should have shown more patience and that is what this thread is all about. Patience

DP has a track record comparable with any manager since Colin (god I hate saying that - what I mean is JR & JF) he needs time to mould his team and style of play whilst working round a constrained budget and the problems of transfer windows. The early signs, despite some of the threads on here, are actually encouraging.

BB80 has stated in other threads already that he would be happy with a top 10 finish this season (I'm sure he has said that previously for other managers 1st seasons) and that is fair. Anything else would be a bonus. But don't rule out a bonus. There are some "big" teams in league 1 and they are all under pressure and I can guarantee that 1 or more will implode under that pressure and teams like us and Swindon could well capitalise. If it does then great. If not, then we continue to build for next year keeping stability at the forefront.

Wishing for 2002/03 and saying we shouldn't be losing at home to the likes of Accrington Stanley are nothing new, just the yooth of today repeating things like we shouldn't be losing at home to Scarborough (1973) and I wish it could be 69/70 (Fryatt & Shaw) again after a few years of no success.

Roll on Friday.

Cheers,

Harry

Perfect summary Harry! I was a 12 year old boy at the time Friz was sacked and my dad took me to Oldham Town Hall to protest with many others. We then put up with several years of Big Joe's rubbish signings to replace the players we lost (Roger Wylde went to Sporting Lisbon by the way, I was gutted as he was my hero at the time) and it took time to put right before the great man created our greatest ever times.

Difference is through all my years I have never heard more negative supporters than what we get on this site (not all by the way, but some dont deserve a club to follow let alone moan about where it's going to be playing or who its next manager is).

All the Gregan moaners, Penney haters and Parker ranters need to get a grip as you are playing your part in the teams current form. It knocks everyone's confidence.

Keep The Faith.

Roll on Friday.

Cheers,

Harry

Well said Harry been around long enough to remember all that,and agree with every word you have written .