The top Latics related moments you witnessed

The re-appearance of the 'missing' big boot of Bloomfield Bear in the pub at Blackpool. It had been thrown twice into the Chaddy End by Chaddy the Owl, and witheld the second time, which led to Chaddy being banned from Bloomfield Road.

To be fair Chaddy should have his own thread.

Mooning, offsides, rubbing legs, etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyresy's free kick at Stockport - remeber being irrationally proud to see all the fake Burberry caps on the pitch

The littlejohn celebration as mentioned at the front of the Chaddy was top, first time i remember owt like it since the seats

Being on the telly at Chasetown and Thurrock and being offered money by texts to streak

West Brom with my old man by train as a kid after his mates car broke down and doing it in record time

loads of London aways as a 17/18 yr old and jumping the trains, 6 o'clock starts and pints in Macc, Stoke, Watford etc after

Sheff weds and seeing my old man queue to kiss the pen spot

as a 17 yr old getting out of 42nd at 3am, kippng in a mates back garden, missing the barlows coach and training down to Luton on me own for last game of the lseason meaningless fixture

Playing football on BP after Luton at home on the last day as a kid with people from the portacabins

About 15 of us in the back of a transit after the City cup win and giving loads of :censored: to a real bitter blue back in Lees

Tiptons Debut goal was a beaut, I remeber Latics fans saying we couldn't take less than a million

Johnson goal in the sun at Swindon, finally winning at Vale Park, Southampton mexican wave, United at Wembley, Winning at City, Equaliser at Scunny, The Celebrations in the Clayton after beating Leeds 3-0 in the first season back in div 1, Losing at Anfield and being clapped off, Hednesford away

And a million more that as i sit here bored as fook at work make me realise why i am a Latics fan

Thurrock away - three moments. Ernie turning up as a fan asnd saying hello to him as he was chatting to BOSH!!! That's a lot of legend to fit into a small ground. And around the same time, the fat red faced Thurrock manager threatening to :censored: Mr Tulsehill, and to a degree me except that I'm much bigger, after we echoed his comments to his players a second after he gave them. And finding my scarf which had obviously fallen off as we randomly made our way to the ground. That scarf just refused to get lost but I feared the worst then. I hadn't taken it off all night or the next day after the QPR second leg and was heartbroken to lose it.

Not realising until a few years later we lost my first game 4-1 to Chelsea (as opposed to 4-0).

The moment i stopped supporting Citeh/Liverpool- sometime around Jan 90

Gary Megson's goal against us at BP- megged the GK and the fact I didn't see us loose at home for the next 3 years.

Going to Wembley- getting lost in Luton coming home, and that amazing year of two great cup runs (something no team outside of the top flight is ever going to do again). Including waking up early to watch the highlights of us beating people and then being allowed to stay up late to watch us draw with Everton on MOTD.

My first away game- beating the team to WBA with junior Latics.

Hallworth's save in the same game- still the best save I've seen by a Latics GK.

My Dad running on to the pitch with Doc Kelso as someone was layed out unconscious in the penalty area at the RRE

That penalty and the fact that 3000 Latics fans were oblivious to the chaos in the Sheff Wed end with required some major policing

Beating Forest 5-0 after 50 minutes in the second summer of top flight football

The entire game against Spurs that same year (I was the mascot) including the bloke who said to me after Olney's last minute winner I was lucky.

The conga in the Platt lane end against Citeh

Not watching the last 10 minutes against Southampton (or more precisely watching it thorugh my hat) and leaving straight afterwards to beat the traffic

Beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, 1-0 when Beckford did his ankle celebrating and some Chelsea kid saying to me Oldham are :censored: at HT and me replying yeah but we are winning.

Thinking that bloke's brave for wearing an Oldham hat in Maine Road's main stand as we drew 3-3

Super Sean McCarthy's screamer at OT and the fact the linesman robbed us

Not seeing Hughes score that goal as I was too busy singing and looking the wrong way

A few years later Going nutty in a hotel room in Vermont as I heard we had beaten Swindon 5-1

Being Kissed off some random bloke sat behind me as Kinkladze missed that penalty as we beat Citeh 2-1 at Maine Road

Watching Langley get sent-off in the play-off semi for being a :censored:

Beating Citeh in the cup at BP and the look on some of the fans faces in the Chaddy (they were obviously Citeh fans)

Gary mac's late equaliser against Scunny and going nutty on the terraces (not joining my mate on the pitch because I was being CRB'd at the time).

Hearing myself on telly shouting Gregan (the advantages of being under the microphone)

Getting up at 6am to get a play-off ticket for the away game (good job my lecture got cancelled)

Beating Leeds 3-1

Then beating Everton 3 days later and jumping over the bloke in front as Gary Mac's goal went in

Finally making it to Yeovil (I turned round the year before when I got stuck in traffic and would have struggled to make it for the second half). Diego, Diego give us a song at that same game- silence was the reply.

Driving to Brighton and back on the same day

Realising that my record at Port Vale is seen 2 won 2

The last game of the season jolly to Crewe

Starting a Ronnie Moore's a football genius chant as we beat Trannies last year.

Watching the youngsters play very well at St. James' with a very drunk OS

Having possibly the worst ever attempt at hitting the bar at last season's last game (in my defence I'd been on crutches for 6 months 2 months previously)

Getting round the pubs at Brentford

There are many more but some including the moment I worked out what was going on at Hillsbrough that day 20 years ago are more because I'm a football fan not just a Latics fan.

I know they're not exactly Latics related but 3 games which stand out for me, for the wrong reasons

Luton Away - May 2000. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disordery. :jailed:

Colchester Away - December 2003. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disorderly. :jailed:

Gillingham Away - September 2005. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disorderly. :jailed:

I'm sensible now though :angel:

I know they're not exactly Latics related but 3 games which stand out for me, for the wrong reasons

Luton Away - May 2000. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disordery. :jailed:

Colchester Away - December 2003. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disorderly. :jailed:

Gillingham Away - September 2005. Nicked at turnstyle for being drunk and disorderly. :jailed:

Looking on the bright side, at least you didn't waste your money on the entrance fee...

Looking on the bright side, at least you didn't waste your money on the entrance fee...

Luton - only 15, managed to get let out in time for Barlows leaving (after my mum was rung and told :angry: )

Colchester - kept in until 10pm, had to stay in a travellodge and get train home next day.

Gillingham - kept in until 9pm, by the time I got to Euston the furthest north any train was going was Wolverhampton. Had to get picked up from there, didn't get home till 5am.

I reckon Colchester and Gillingham cost me £800 between them. :disappointed:

Luton - only 15, managed to get let out in time for Barlows leaving (after my mum was rung and told :angry: )

Colchester - kept in until 10pm, had to stay in a travellodge and get train home next day.

Gillingham - kept in until 9pm, by the time I got to Euston the furthest north any train was going was Wolverhampton. Had to get picked up from there, didn't get home till 5am.

I reckon Colchester and Gillingham cost me £800 between them. :disappointed:

The Blackpool semi cost me over £300 and I didn't get in trouble with the law. Costly do this football!

:censored: me, how pissed must you have been. Alright, I never got in at Brighton, but I didn't get nicked. Brentford, I had a sleep on the terrace. Boundary Park I slid headlong down the stairs. Luton, Swindon, Stoke and a million and one others I don't even remember. Which says I must have been worse!

And jailed? Jailed? Or kept whilst you sober up?

Nb. The jailed may have been your emoticonithing.

Edited by OldhamSheridan