The top Latics related moments you witnessed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November 22nd 1986 my first match vs Palace sensory overload - the combined smell of bovril, klix coffee, tobacco and pies drowned by the 'deafening' roar (well to a nine year old it was!) of the Chaddy Choir.

The squeaky voiced fella at the back of the Chaddy, he was hilarious (late 80s)

The wind during the 2-2 draw in April 1988 contributing to Andy Linighan's late own goal

Dad losing my programme and crying all the way home v Bournemouth May '88

Anytime the long haired kid who looked like a girl pushing the tea trolley round the perimeter of plastic paradise was hit by the ball - fabulously funny!

My first night match v Everton in October 1988, I was that excited that I inadvertently got us dismissed from our science class at St. Augustine's a good 15 minutes early, by wrongly stating that an empty classroom had already seen its pupils allowed home! (Legendary status ensued).

Same game, an awful night at BP, clinging to the Chaddy End fence, drenched and absolutely freezing but I was loving it! Dad says "That's the night when I realised you were a true blue!"

The finger wagging scoreboard and 'I bet he drinks Lees superb beers' making its debut when Andy Rhodes made a late wonder save v Plymouth in September '89, clinching a 3-2 win.

The Everton fans mugging danny Standring and putting him head first into a wheelie-bin. Feb' 90

Seeing me and my brother clinging to the Chaddy End fence on MOTD when showing said game highlights.

Roger Palmer's wonderful headed equaliser in the same game.

Jim Leighton forgetting to wear underwear at Main Road, I could see very little squashed at the back of the Kippax but I saw earl Barrett's early goal and Jim Leighton's arse when he had to change his shorts! April '90

Wembley '90 - enough said. Grown men with tears in their eyes. It meant a lot to me I was 13. It meant everything to dad.

The banging of the tin wall at the back of the Vale Park terrace at the end of our first defeat in 20 matches and some wag piping up in the endless queues to get out - "we either need more exits or a feckin' tin opener!"

Me dropping a monumental bollock and choosing the Middlesbrough game over the Sheff Wed game.

At the same match regional TV wanted the Chaddy End to chant 'What's New?' the name of a post-News at Ten regional magazine programme instead the Chaddy Lads proceeded to sing 'Get yer tits out..' at host Becky Want!

The trophy presentation and Roger the Dodger bagging the winner in his testimonial v City 4 days after our title win. (I did go to that one!)

The pride in hammering Chelsea in our first top-flight home game for 68 years and having the privilege of being there.

The numbness I felt when Palace beat us at BP in the September of that season, I just wasn't used to losing at home!

The conga in the Platt Lane end when we beat City at Maine Road a week later!

Roger Palmer being sidelined for 6 months then scoring the equaliser within 20 seconds of his comeback v Derby in the League Cup

"Psycho, Psycho what's the score?" December 1991

Jobbo owning Darren Peacock to put us 2-0 up v QPR Feb '92

Latics 4 Notts County 3 - March '92 Marshall's winner

"2 nil and yer fecked it up...." v Leeds Sept '92

Going in the home end for the 3-3 draw with City August '92 and getting funny looks when I jumped up and shouted 'Fookin get in! When Jobbo equalised...

"She's here, she's there, she's every feckin' where Shearer's wife, Shearer's wife. The Latics away crowd congratulate Alan Shearer on his new bably in their own indomnitable style. Al repays the compliment by burying the first goal - Sept '92

Marshall's missed pen same game and Bobby Mimms pissing his sides at it!

Our first live Sky game v Everton and the 700 chances Marshy missed!

Olney's late winner v Spurs Dec '92

No goal for over a month, the ball his Milford's arse and Nick Henry buries it!

Mark Brennan's stunner same game v Chelsea

The fog same day v Chelsea!

"Someone move this feckin' marajuana tree" Big Sully arrives at Leeds Feb '93 and is immediately unimpressed by the local plant life...

"Score in a brotherl, we couldn't score in a brothel....." 2-0 down at Goodison Feb '93

"Scored in a brotherl, We've gone and scored in a brothel..." Billy Kenny fouls Gunnar Halle and Neil adams buries the pen for a late consolation.

My dad going absolutely loopy with joy when Adams buries a volley 30 seconds later to grab a point!

"Twice in a brothel, we've scored twice in a brothel..." Latics fans aing on the way out!

THAT NIGHT V MAN U March '93

Getting in the Rocky Road for a quid v Wimbledon, Latics win 6-2 April '93

Going in the Holte end at Villa and trying not to reveal our unbridled joy at Henry's goal and relief at the 37 shots that hit the post and or are cleared off the line...

Me jumping all over Scouse Latic when Olney scored his 2nd in a minute v Liverpool - he was spewing!

Scouse Latic getting carpeted by The |Chief Inspector and being made to apologise to David James for slapping him on the back going up the tunnel steps and calling him 'A useless :censored: !"

Bez 4'6 going up for a header with Kevin Pressman 6'4 Sheff Wed away Nov '96

Banging the wooden seats in the Leppings Lane End to generate noise from our paltry following that night

The hot dogs at Prenton Park Dec '94 League Cup

Beckford's winners at Stoke and Bolton '94

The pride at Norwich last day '94

More recent memories to follow.....

The 'witty banter' with the Tranmere fans on the train back to Liverpool in 2007 after we'd beaten them to go top of the league. Especially the angry pisshead who staggered into the carriage slurring "i'm gonna have to sit down here, i've just thrown up in the other carriage" then starting yelling "are you a f**king lesbian? Cos you f**king look like one" at me. You know what, son, if you're asking, then yes, yes i am.

Sitting in the home end at Elland Road last season, Gregan laughing and shaking his arse at the Leeds fans, and my mate saying "we should be 3-0 up, your lot are sh*te", and Taylor's goal hitting the back of the net on the word "sh*te".

Being sat in the Gwladys St end right behind the goal when Gary McDonald scored at Goodison, and nearly choking to death trying to keep quiet. Then going to the Queens in Walton afterwards and not daring to say anything all night other than "same again, everyone?"

Edited by rosa

The 'witty banter' with the Tranmere fans on the train back to Liverpool in 2007 after we'd beaten them to go top of the league. Especially the angry pisshead who staggered into the carriage slurring "i'm gonna have to sit down here, i've just thrown up in the other carriage" then starting yelling "are you a f**king lesbian? Cos you f**king look like one" at me. You know what, son, if you're asking, then yes, yes i am.

Sitting in the home end at Elland Road last season, Gregan laughing and shaking his arse at the Leeds fans, and my mate saying "we should be 3-0 up, your lot are sh*te", and Taylor's goal hitting the back of the net on the word "sh*te".

Being sat in the Gwladys St end right behind the goal when Gary McDonald scored at Goodison, and nearly choking to death trying to keep quiet. Then going to the Queens in Walton afterwards and not daring to say anything all night other than "same again, everyone?"

What's with sitting in the oppo's stand?

D'oh, wrong game <_<

you shouldn't have deleted your post, that story about the pub landlord boasting about knocking off Souness's wife was funny. i knew Liverpool fans were pissed off at him after he gave that interview to the S*n but that's going a bit far. :grin:

Athletic versus Arsenal. League Cup 1989. 2-0 up and we win a free kick about 35 yards out. Denis Irwin places the ball on the plastic and takes a few steps back whilst Arsenals 2 man wall get into place. Irwin strikes the ball clean and true only for it to halted 10 yards away as the rocket hits Kevin Richardson square in the nuts. Richardson doubles up in a messy heap on the floor and over 10000 men wince in unison. Still brings a tear to my eye now. Priceless, but probably very painful.

Followed by songs of "He's only a poor little cockney..."

Okaaaaaay then...

you shouldn't have deleted your post, that story about the pub landlord boasting about knocking off Souness's wife was funny. i knew Liverpool fans were pissed off at him after he gave that interview to the S*n but that's going a bit far. :grin:

I was confusing myself too much and decided it was better to go to bed :wink: Yes, it was a pub not far from where the feral children were throwing a man on a bonfire. IT being my official birthday I had been boozing for quite a while and went in to use the facilities and I had a cheeky pint whilst there. This loud-mouthed landlord was indeed claiming to all and sundry that he had had his way with the newlywed Mrs Sourness whilst he was on holiday with his wife. It may or may not be true, but it’s better if we say it is anyway :grin:

November 22nd 1986 my first match vs Palace sensory overload - the combined smell of bovril, klix coffee, tobacco and pies drowned by the 'deafening' roar (well to a nine year old it was!) of the Chaddy Choir.

The wind during the 2-2 draw in April 1988 contributing to Andy Linighan's late own goal

Anytime the long haired kid who looked like a girl pushing the tea trolley round the perimeter of plastic paradise was hit by the ball - fabulously funny!

My first night match v Everton in October 1988, I was that excited that I inadvertently got us dismissed from our science class at St. Augustine's a good 15 minutes early, by wrongly stating that an empty classroom had already seen its pupils allowed home! (Legendary status ensued).

Same game, an awful night at BP, clinging to the Chaddy End fence, drenched and absolutely freezing but I was loving it! Dad says "That's the night when I realised you were a true blue!"

The finger wagging scoreboard and 'I bet he drinks Lees superb beers' making its debut when Andy Rhodes made a late wonder save v Plymouth in September '89, clinching a 3-2 win.

The Everton fans mugging danny Standring and putting him head first into a wheelie-bin. Feb' 90

Seeing me and my brother clinging to the Chaddy End fence on MOTD when showing said game highlights.

Jim Leighton forgetting to wear underwear at Main Road, I could see very little squashed at the back of the Kippax but I saw earl Barrett's early goal and Jim Leighton's arse when he had to change his shorts! April '90

Wembley '90 - enough said. Grown men with tears in their eyes. It meant a lot to me I was 13. It meant everything to dad.

The banging of the tin wall at the back of the Vale Park terrace at the end of our first defeat in 20 matches and some wag piping up in the endless queues to get out - "we either need more exits or a feckin' tin opener!"

Me dropping a monumental bollock and choosing the Middlesbrough game over the Sheff Wed game.

At the same match regional TV wanted the Chaddy End to chant 'What's New?' the name of a post-News at Ten regional magazine programme instead the Chaddy Lads proceeded to sing 'Get yer tits out..' at host Becky Want!

The trophy presentation and Roger the Dodger bagging the winner in his testimonial v City 4 days after our title win. (I did go to that one!)

The pride in hammering Chelsea in our first top-flight home game for 68 years and having the privilege of being there.

The numbness I felt when Palace beat us at BP in the September of that season, I just wasn't used to losing at home!

Roger Palmer being sidelined for 6 months then scoring the equaliser within 20 seconds of his comeback v Derby in the League Cup

Going in the home end for the 3-3 draw with City August '92 and getting funny looks when I jumped up and shouted 'Fookin get in! When Jobbo equalised...

"She's here, she's there, she's every feckin' where Shearer's wife, Shearer's wife. The Latics away crowd congratulate Alan Shearer on his new bably in their own indomnitable style. Al repays the compliment by burying the first goal - Sept '92

"Someone move this feckin' marajuana tree" Big Sully arrives at Leeds Feb '93 and is immediately unimpressed by the local plant life...

"Score in a brotherl, we couldn't score in a brothel....." 2-0 down at Goodison Feb '93

"Scored in a brotherl, We've gone and scored in a brothel..." Billy Kenny fouls Gunnar Halle and Neil adams buries the pen for a late consolation.

My dad going absolutely loopy with joy when Adams buries a volley 30 seconds later to grab a point!

"Twice in a brothel, we've scored twice in a brothel..." Latics fans aing on the way out!

Going in the Holte end at Villa and trying not to reveal our unbridled joy at Henry's goal and relief at the 37 shots that hit the post and or are cleared off the line...

Me jumping all over Scouse Latic when Olney scored his 2nd in a minute v Liverpool - he was spewing!

Scouse Latic getting carpeted by The |Chief Inspector and being made to apologise to David James for slapping him on the back going up the tunnel steps and calling him 'A useless :censored: !"

Banging the wooden seats in the Leppings Lane End to generate noise from our paltry following that night

More recent memories to follow.....

In chronological order (after-all I am a historian!)

Richardson's debut screamer double sat in a sun-drenched half-finished seated Lookers Paddock

Sean McCarthy's back breaking somersault in front of the Dingles

Super Sean's Hat-Trick at Meadow Lane

Me doing a lap of that crumbled terrace at burnden as McCarthy nicked us a point after being two down and jumping on my dad and his mates with joy - taking about twenty Latics fans out in the process!

Stitch owning De wolf on a manky, manky Boxing Day

Carlton Palmer's og in the FA Cup at Elland Road

Alan Stubbs becoming super-Sean's bitch for the day in the 3-1 demolition at BP

The joy on Paul Rickers face when bagging the third that same day.

Bez going past a defender like he wasn't there before burying a sublime low shot against Reading for the winner.

The Beckford super-show at Vale Park in April '96

Beckford's super show in goal v Wolves the week after!

Creaney's back heel v Stoke to clinch safety.

No win for the opening two months of the season then 3-0 up v Port Vale in 20 minutes...

The 1-0 win at QPR same season, about 80 of us there and we didn't stop singing all the way there, during and all the way back. Couldn't speak for weeks!

"We're going up as feckin' Champions" The Chaddy End in defiant mood on the final day as we demolish Norwich.

The carnage at Blackpool Sept' 97

My disagreement with Paul Reid in the IOM July '98

Boozing with Stitch and Billy Urmson all night IOM '98

The late comeback v Wrexham and Tipton's winner November '98

The second-half blitz at home to the Lashers - Jan '99

Beating City at Maine Road in Mar '99 with a team of kids and no-hopers oh and Shez!

Hursty running in the bogs..."He's saved it!" referring to the City penalty I could not watch

Not being able to watch the last 5 minutes of said game camping out under the stand with about 50 fellow 'tics that couldn't bare the tension!

Shez's free-kick when the keeper wasn't ready at home to Bristol Rovers

Holty's late winner at Wrexham that gave us hope

After the same game me starting a massive chorus of 'Come on Oldham!' and the players all coming over and joining in showing that players and fans were one in believing we could survive withour team of rag, tags and bobtail!

Mark Innis' fabulous late season performances that year culminating in him MOM performance v Reading that kept us up

Mark Allott's wonder goal v Bury

Nathan Abbey giving the Chaddy End grief when his Luton side grabbed an unlikely equaliser and then the Chaddy End mercilessly taunting him 30 seconds later when Mark allott's stooping header won the game in stoppage time.

Steve Whitehall's late goals v Wycombe and Millwall

Dux's winner at Wigan

Holty's screamer at Colchester

Holty's sliding volley v Cambridge

Paul Jones last-minute winner v Wigan

Neil Adams cheeky free-kick at Walsall

"What a waste of petrol" at Reading

It taking 10 stewards to throw one guy out at Hednesford

Tipton's last minute goals to salvage points againts Colchester and Bury

Carlo's 4 (should have been 5) v Wrexham

Tony Carss' winner v Bristol Rovers on SAFE Day.................

Edited by sheridans_world
language

Mark Innis' fabulous late season performances that year culminating in him MOM performance v Reading that kept us up

I remember that game clearly, thinking we had a real player on our hands. I've always thought it a shame he didn't live up to his promise; he was a really nice bloke to boot.

Wolves at home in March 1997. Huge following from the midlands, with them going strong and us dropping like a stone. In a game which we kept taking the lead only to be pegged back twice, Rickers in the last minutes to send the crowd bananas.

Also recall Jigsaw Barlow's goal that day too. The ball richocheting in the box, bouncing agonisingly into space and Barlow, who should have took the laces out of the ball, took a huge swipe and I think it was the air motion his boot created which forced the ball over the line. Complete "Oooh, ahhhh, oooh, ARRGGHHH! :censored:INGGEDDINITSAFUKKINGOOOOOOAAAAAL!!!" moment.

A few more moments from that crazyarse season - good and bad:

Getting turfed out of St. James' Park by a trigger happy steward for going ballistic at the ref giving them a soft penalty. In the 30th minute.

Being unbeaten for what seemed like ages just after that Newcastle cup game. Alright, more draws than wins but we looked a solid outfit for a few weeks.

A late Gunner Halle peach of a winner against Oxford, just before he got sold.

QPR giving us a footballing lesson at BP making it clear that we weren't all that good after all.

Kinky missing the penalty and Latics giving Citeh another bloody nose.

Paul Rickers' thunderbolt of an equaliser at Bramall Lane just before New Year.

A long trip to Pompey for a drab 0-1 defeat and a knees up in Camden afterwards

That super Matty Rush hattrick on Easter Monday against Swindon.

Back to a bump the week after. Ipswich away, a 5 hour drive down and leaving at HT being 0-3 down. I think we were at about Cambridge when the full time whistle went.

Havign to sit and watch Barnsley fans sing "It's just like watching Brazil" at us, as they go on to win the league and we slump to another defeat.

Stitch missing a penalty and finally being relegated down at Reading's old ground. Misery ended, or in fact just beginning?

That super Matty Rush hattrick on Easter Monday against Swindon.

Back to a bump the week after. Ipswich away, a 5 hour drive down and leaving at HT being 0-3 down. I think we were at about Cambridge when the full time whistle went. Barlow scored the hat-trick mate. Rush scored the 5th after destroying them all afternoon.

Havign to sit and watch Barnsley fans sing "It's just like watching Brazil" at us, as they go on to win the league and we slump to another defeat. Barnsley were runners up to Bolton who won the League at a canter.

Being in with 18K fans at my first game against Southampton at BP in 1990.

Swindon away game many moons ago singing with the rest of the Latics fans "Are you Salman Rushdie in disguise" to the Ref and him acknowledging us.

Laughing at the many Neil Pointon tackles and wondering how the hell he managed to walk away without a booking or sending off???

One moment all sticks in my mind...

Andy Townsend loosing his composure at the ref and complaing about Craig Fleming. Craig Flming then gestures to Andy Townsend by pretending to put something in an imaginary pocket and mouthing to him "I've got you in my pocket", which he had. Ahh great days.

In chronological order (after-all I am a historian!)

Scouse Latic getting carpeted by The |Chief Inspector and being made to apologise to David James for slapping him on the back going up the tunnel steps and calling him 'A useless :censored:!"

McCarthorse's equaliser at Old Trafford

Richardson's debut screamer double sat in a sun-drenched half-finished seated Lookers Paddock

Sean McCarthy's back breaking somersault in front of the Dingles

Super Sean's Hat-Trick at Meadow Lane

Me doing a lap of that crumbled terrace at burnden as McCarthy nicked us a point after being two down and jumping on my dad and his mates with joy - taking about twenty Latics fans out in the process!

Stitch owning De wolf on a manky, manky Boxing Day

Carlton Palmer's og in the FA Cup at Elland Road

Alan Stubbs becoming super-Sean's bitch for the day in the 3-1 demolition at BP

The joy on Paul Rickers face when bagging the third that same day.

Bez going past a defender like he wasn't there before burying a sublime low shot against Reading for the winner.

The Beckford super-show at Vale Park in April '96

Beckford's super show in goal v Wolves the week after!

Creaney's back heel v Stoke to clinch safety.

No win for the opening two months of the season then 3-0 up v Port Vale in 20 minutes...

The 1-0 win at QPR same season, about 80 of us there and we didn't stop singing all the way there, during and all the way back. Couldn't speak for weeks!

"We're going up as feckin' Champions" The Chaddy End in defiant mood on the final day as we demolish Norwich.

The carnage at Blackpool Sept' 97

My disagreement with Paul Reid in the IOM July '98

Boozing with Stitch and Billy Urmson all night IOM '98

The late comeback v Wrexham and Tipton's winner November '98

The second-half blitz at home to the Lashers - Jan '99

Beating City at Maine Road in Mar '99 with a team of kids and no-hopers oh and Shez!

Hursty running in the bogs..."He's saved it!" referring to the City penalty I could not watch

Not being able to watch the last 5 minutes of said game camping out under the stand with about 50 fellow 'tics that couldn't bare the tension!

Shez's free-kick when the keeper wasn't ready at home to Bristol Rovers

Holty's late winner at Wrexham that gave us hope

After the same game me starting a massive chorus of 'Come on Oldham!' and the players all coming over and joining in showing that players and fans were one in believing we could survive withour team of rag, tags and bobtail!

Mark Allott's wonder goal v Bury

Nathan Abbey giving the Chaddy End grief when his Luton side grabbed an unlikely equaliser and then the Chaddy End mercilessly taunting him 30 seconds later when Mark allott's stooping header won the game in stoppage time.

Steve Whitehall's late goals v Wycombe and Millwall

Dux's winner at Wigan

Holty's screamer at Colchester

Holty's sliding volley v Cambridge

Paul Jones last-minute winner v Wigan

Neil Adams cheeky free-kick at Walsall

"What a waste of petrol" at Reading

It taking 10 stewards to throw one guy out at Hednesford

Tipton's last minute goals to salvage points againts Colchester and Bury

Carlo's 4 (should have been 5) v Wrexham

Tony Carss' winner v Bristol Rovers on SAFE Day.................

Eyresy's screamer and the great opening day comeback at Wrexham on the opening day of 01-02

How cold at Barrow? Nov '01

David Reeves' debut v Port Vale Dec '01

David Reeves' second goal at Bloomers on Boxing Day

Eyresy's late winner at Northampton

Eyresy's free-kick at home to Brighton Feb '02

Taking over Gigg Lane Mar '02

Colusso's late, late goal the same night

Clint Hill's bullet header vs The Bin Dipper's August '02

The strippers pre-Blackpool away in The Manchester, August BH '02

The super show at Notts County Sept '02

Wijnhard's four goal show vs Mansfield Sept '02

4-0 demolition of Hudds "Wadsworth, Wadsworth what's the score...?" Sept '02

The win at Derby Oct '02

10 men winning at Swindon Oct '02

A great night at Upton Park Nov '02

2 down at Plymouth withion 7 minutes but fighting back for a draw Nov '02

The Christmas double whammy at Crewe and Tranmere - especially Baudet's late winner...

Eyresy's late winner at Stockport Feb '03

Andrews scoring 20 minutes before kick off at the JJB

Eyresy's celebration after opening the scoring in the Play Off first leg

Pogs performance at QPR in the second leg

The team running out v Brighton after the summer of hell

O'Halloran's late winner v Rushden

John Eyre's late goal v QPR

The performance at Grimsby

The keeper losing it at Grimsby

Ernie's goal at Grimsby

Celebration Sunday

Destroying runaway leaders Plymouth at BP

JJ's winner at Swindon

The atmosphere on the final day of 03/04 at Notts County

The comeback against Walsall after being 2-0 down

JJ's goal v The Mongs

Betsy's debut goal v the very bitter Monkey Hangers

The terrific Kilkenny inspired performance at Bradford

Beating City in the Cup AGAIN!

Luke Beckett arriving

Pogs performance v Bradford which kept us up

The 4-3 win over Britol City at BP

Beckett's late show v Gillingham

Hammering Forest 3-0 at BP

Beckett's hat-trick v Blackpool

Shez's goal shy team beating Swansea

Howarth's pen save same match

Charlton's goal v Gillingham

Warney's stunner at Cheltenham

Porter's late double to beat Bradford

Demolition job at the Gayfarm

The New Year's Day massacre

Gary Mac's late, late show at Glanford Park

Chris Porter's disputed winner to put us top of the League vs The Bin Dipper's

A Fabulous day out at Swansea (everything has been downhill since imo)

Chris Taylor's first goal at Carlisle

Hammering Donny 4-0

Two consecutive comebacks in London at Orient and Brentford

A great weekend in Brighton and two cracking goals securing the win

Craig Davies' late winner v Swansea

The comeback against Crewe

That day at Goodison!

A team of kids destroying high-flying Carlisle

3-0 2in at Port Vale

Playing Ronnie's Tranmere off the park in our 3-1 win

Hammering Stitch's Huddersfield 4-1

Final day super show at Crewe

Opening day comeback v Millwall

Winning at Tranmere again '08

Allott's goal at Hudersfield

Smalley's goal v Hartlepool

Great performance at home to Stockport

Our last show of defiance v Leicester

Joe's comeback

Nothing memorable from this season so far...

Edited by oafcprozac

Eyresy's screamer and the great opening day comeback at Wrexham on the opening day of 01-02

How cold at Barrow? Nov '01

David Reeves' debut v Port Vale Dec '01

David Reeves' second goal at Bloomers on Boxing Day

Eyresy's late winner at Northampton

Eyresy's free-kick at home to Brighton Feb '02

Taking over Gigg Lane Mar '02

Colusso's late, late goal the same night

Clint Hill's bullet header vs The Bin Dipper's August '02

The strippers pre-Blackpool away in The Manchester, August BH '02

The super show at Notts County Sept '02

Wijnhard's four goal show vs Mansfield Sept '02

4-0 demolition of Hudds "Wadsworth, Wadsworth what's the score...?" Sept '02

The win at Derby Oct '02

10 men winning at Swindon Oct '02

A great night at Upton Park Nov '02

2 down at Plymouth withion 7 minutes but fighting back for a draw Nov '02

The Christmas double whammy at Crewe and Tranmere - especially Baudet's late winner...

Eyresy's late winner at Stockport Feb '03

Andrews scoring 20 minutes before kick off at the JJB

Eyresy's celebration after opening the scoring in the Play Off first leg

Pogs performance at QPR in the second leg

The team running out v Brighton after the summer of hell

O'Halloran's late winner v Rushden

John Eyre's late goal v QPR

The performance at Grimsby

The keeper losing it at Grimsby

Ernie's goal at Grimsby

Celebration Sunday

Destroying runaway leaders Plymouth at BP

JJ's winner at Swindon

The atmosphere on the final day of 03/04 at Notts County

The comeback against Walsall after being 2-0 down

JJ's goal v The Mongs

Betsy's debut goal v the very bitter Monkey Hangers

The terrific Kilkenny inspired performance at Bradford

Beating City in the Cup AGAIN!

Luke Beckett arriving

Pogs performance v Bradford which kept us up

The 4-3 win over Britol City at BP

Beckett's late show v Gillingham

Hammering Forest 3-0 at BP

Beckett's hat-trick v Blackpool

Shez's goal shy team beating Swansea

Howarth's pen save same match

Charlton's goal v Gillingham

Warney's stunner at Cheltenham

Porter's late double to beat Bradford

Demolition job at the Gayfarm

The New Year's Day massacre

Gary Mac's late, late show at Glanford Park

Chris Porter's disputed winner to put us top of the League vs The Bin Dipper's

A Fabulous day out at Swansea (everything has been downhill since imo)

Chris Taylor's first goal at Carlisle

Hammering Donny 4-0

Two consecutive comebacks in London at Orient and Brentford

A great weekend in Brighton and two cracking goals securing the win

Craig Davies' late winner v Swansea

The comeback against Crewe

That day at Goodison!

A team of kids destroying high-flying Carlisle

3-0 2in at Port Vale

Playing Ronnie's Tranmere off the park in our 3-1 win

Hammering Stitch's Huddersfield 4-1

Final day super show at Crewe

Opening day comeback v Millwall

Winning at Tranmere again '08

Allott's goal at Hudersfield

Smalley's goal v Hartlepool

Great performance at home to Stockport

Our last show of defiance v Leicester

Joe's comeback

Nothing memorable from this season so far...

It's sad that we need to look back rather than forward but Friday night was so depressing so this is great!

Thanks OAFC Prozac for reminding me of some good moments. It's tempting to look back on 12 long years in Division 3 as utterly depressing but it hasn't been all bad has it? It could be worse, we could be Rochdale.

Some good memories (apart from the usuals): Four of us driving back from Notts County in a mini over the Peak District after Carthorse McCarthy's hat-trick singing "Super Sean" all the way then my mate puking up as soon as we got back to Mossley.

Second best: singing Oh When the Blues non-stop for the 2nd half in a 2-1 win at Swindon - hot day, crucial match, quality breakaway goal by Johnson.

Magic!