Is he really that bad ?

My main concern with him is his inability to come out for crosses. The 'Pool keeper was possibly deemed a bit riskier, coming out sometimes to the edge of the area to collect or punch away set pieces.

In that way, he reminds me of the keeper Moore brought in; Day.

He flaps at crosses (one in particular against Swindon he nearly flapped into his own net)

He can't be dragged off his line with a tank. (see friendly v Blackpool at home, Ormrod's first goal)

He can't position a wall and then protect the other side of the goal from a free kick (see Swindon and Hartlepool x 2).

The defence have no faith or confidence in him.

Other than that I think he is top notch.

Brill wont last the season! I dont think I have seen the fans turn on someone so quickly. I think he probably :censored:s it everytime the other team has a free kick now as even if its unstoppable he is obviously going to get the blame. Not a great situation to be in, especially as he doesnt seem very good.

Manager Dave Penney is still looking to strengthen his squad and maintains a goalkeeper is a priority

From todays Chron

The rarely wrong Chron also says:

Athletic are free to re-enter the transfer market today after the week-long embargo, which followed the window shutting, has come to an end.

Of course Tony Bugby meant to say loan market. It's easily done! :wink:

Gregan says it's wrong to single out one player when it's the team that's lost. Also whilst they are on the pitch they are just waiting for the oppo's to score....yeah just like us Sean, Just like us.

perhaps we should give brill, gregan and hazell a rounders bat each. then they can hit each other over the head like the 3 stooges. when a goal goes in. :grin:

Brill wont last the season! I dont think I have seen the fans turn on someone so quickly. I think he probably :censored:s it everytime the other team has a free kick now as even if its unstoppable he is obviously going to get the blame. Not a great situation to be in, especially as he doesnt seem very good.

Totally agree. One goal out of the 3 on Friday was his fault, yet the abuse given to him was extraordinary, i couldnt believe what i was seeing/hearing! Oh, and before you say he could have done better for the third, get real! His position may have been alittle off, but there was no way he could have saved it!!

Manager Dave Penney is still looking to strengthen his squad and maintains a goalkeeper is a priority

From todays Chron

Therefore our goalkeeping coach is no use. He picked out Brill and decided that Fleming wasn't good enough. I have always doubted Fleming, but he's a darn sight better than Brill.

Therefore our goalkeeping coach is no use. He picked out Brill and decided that Fleming wasn't good enough. I have always doubted Fleming, but he's a darn sight better than Brill.

Is it just me ? but Fleming was not that as good as people are building him up into, I remember him getting sent off, giving away about 4 penaltie sand dropping a few ricks along the way so why is he our saviour all of a sudden ?

Is it just me ? but Fleming was not that as good as people are building him up into, I remember him getting sent off, giving away about 4 penaltie sand dropping a few ricks along the way so why is he our saviour all of a sudden ?

Because he will come for crosses. Defence had some confidence in him. He is a good shot stopper with quick reflexes and was able to save a shot at least a yard either way. He would come out to make the net look smaller when its one on ones. He knew not to make a wall for free-kicks then stand between it leaving half of the net open.

He's world-class compared to bril.

They are building him up because he is contracted to us and is better than Brill. Yes Fleming made mistakes but he is a goalkeeper, he can be coached certain things which I'm not sure the other lad can.

Also he can catch.

much rather concede the penalties with fleming in net, than watch brill standing on is line then droppin like a sack of spuds in the opposite direction of the football.