My solution to Latics poor home form.

Before I start work this morning, I must get an idea I've had regarding solving Latics home form out into a wider arena. I've emailed the club already but would like to hear arguments both for and against. In a stroke, my solution would;

1. Regenerate a unique atmosphere

2. Save the club a fortune

3. Protect our brave players from idiots shouting and booing

4. Create a strange atmosphere for away players

5. Allow constructive arguments between the players

6. Adhere to the captains wishes

My solution? Play home games behind closed doors.

Season ticket holders would get a full refund. This would be funded by the electricity, maintenence and staff savings.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please give me a negative.

The only one I can think of anyone saying is "we would lose the atmosphere". What atmosphere?!?!

4,000 people booing and moaning in a 3 sided, 60% empty, windswept dump of a ground. GREAT ATMOSPHERE.

The away fans constantly make more noise. Playing behind closed doors will remove this advantage.

Well ...

- I wont be able to watch the team i've been supporting all my life (nearly enough) - WATCH ON TV.

- 4,000 people do not moan its just the minority - MAJORITY

- Away fans making noise - does this really give an advantage - WHAT DO YOU THINK?! OF COURSE IT DOES.

- Your a :censored: & its not going to happen - need i say more? - PETTY INSULTS AGAIN.

Well ...

- I wont be able to watch the team i've been supporting all my life (nearly enough)

- 4,000 people do not moan its just the minority.

- Away fans making noise - does this really give an advantage.

- Your a :censored: & its not going to happen - need i say more?

:pow:

Edited by footy68

180px-Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg

Let's get this perfectly straight. Nobody enjoys a laugh more than I do. Perhaps, my wife, and a few of her friends. Oh yes and Corporal Jones. Okay, there's a few people who enjoy a laugh more than I do but that's not the point, this thread is getting silly.

Now, let's be nice and get back to the point.

If there is one.

footy68

You honestly posted a silly pow sign, and then sat and thought "I'll show him, I'll go back and put the insult in bold!!!!! That'll teach him!"

I assume your 40 or 41. LOL at you.

You assume wrong matey, there's no big girlie name calling emo, so that's the best I could do. You see you began another aimless poor windup and he's name calling within two posts.

Its from extreme left-field but its a novel idea which is more than some people have had. It could work- but how long do we try it for if it doesn't work first time do we have another game behind close doors or do we let the fans back in. The one problem with the logic though is I would think perhaps our biggest expenditure at games (in terms of facilities) is essential stuff- players aren't going to get changed in a cold changing room (both sides have to have similar facilities), we are not going to wear dirty kit (and I wouldn't trust a footballer to clean his own) and unless we kick off at 12 noon (and in the depth of winter that won't be early enough) we need floodlights etc. Do we actually make money out of home games- I would think we would since the biggest expenditure in football clubs (and other similar sized companies) is on wages not on facilities and the up-keep there of. So it probably wouldn't save us any money- but we might not loose as much as people think.

Fans could still watch Oldham- we play at home and away and actually if you can't watch your team every week perhaps you are going to support them even louder. It might stop the idiots who sing things like "Your not fit to be alive" from going too (which is definately a good thing). Plus we wouldn't need to move and we wouldn't need a car park so TTA can make money out of the club (which may make it quite popular with them).

I would point out though the last time Oldham were on TV was against Leeds and we were only on because we had a good start (something not likely to happen this time) so that point by BRF doesn't work.

I know that given BRF's history this could be a proper wind up and in which case I've fallen for it but frankly I don't care as it wouldn't be the first time I've fallen for a fake on the net.

Thankyou rudemedic. I appreciate someone with lateral thinking and well thought out points.

I should say that by watching on TV, I meant the goals and highlights currently shown. The electricity for lighting stands, paying stewards, cameras etc are the biggest expenditure surely?

IN FACT, MAYBE THE CLUB COULD LAUNCH A PPV CHANNEL FOR HOME GAMES!!!! Revenue without opening the ground!

Please form a coherant argument about any point I have made. I want a discussion, not name calling. Thanks.

name calling? i called you an attention seeker which is what you are

i hardly called you a :censored: or a :censored: did i?

playing games behind closed doors because we havent won for 10 games is one of the most stupid ideas ive read on OWTB

and you BRF know its a stupid idea, but you are an attention seeker, who wants this message board discussing your stupid threads

and its starting to be a daily occurance

I got called a :censored: after about 3 posts.

OK OK. Rudemedic obviously thinks its a good idea. What do you think of his post?

like i said i think its one of the most stupid ideas ive ever heard on OWTB

and so do you, but its your daily stupid post isnt it

Before I start work this morning, I must get an idea I've had regarding solving Latics home form out into a wider arena. I've emailed the club already but would like to hear arguments both for and against. In a stroke, my solution would;

1. Regenerate a unique atmosphere

2. Save the club a fortune

3. Protect our brave players from idiots shouting and booing

4. Create a strange atmosphere for away players

5. Allow constructive arguments between the players

6. Adhere to the captains wishes

My solution? Play home games behind closed doors.

Season ticket holders would get a full refund. This would be funded by the electricity, maintenence and staff savings.

:towork:

1. Unique definatley dont think it will change much though to be honest...

2. Think the ST money and gate reciepts brings in a lot more than the electricity, maintenence and staff wages for match days...

3. Would protect the players but i wouldnt call them brave... the last couple of performances have shown they are a tad spineless

4. Strange for away players... will have more of a negative effect on home players than away, stepping out in to someone else's ground with 4k fans is more daunting, than stepping out on to an empty ground!

5. How would it allow this?

6. The captain needs to look at himself more rather than blaming everyone else.

Think you may piss off the one thing this club has going for it.... A small but loyal fan base in MAJORITY!!!

Its like saying "lets fold the club"

Would save money on player, wages, staff, electricity etc etc

We could sell the land to tesco

Players would all get a nice new club

We could all go and support Manure or :censored:ty

Everyone happy?? :grin:

Complete rubbish, get a grip before you post tripe like this. What is the point in having a football club if your only option to watch them is involves you travelling up and down the country ? I have done the away game stint but now I only go to homes games so your idea just ends my association with the club I have supported for the best part of 30 years. Oh and your ppv channel would cost god knows how much to set up and going off current form do you honestly think we would have punters falling over themselves to pay for what is on show ?