My solution to Latics poor home form.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and your ppv channel would cost god knows how much to set up and going off current form do you honestly think we would have punters falling over themselves to pay for what is on show ?

Its a January night, do you;

A - Pay £5 to watch rubbish at home?

B - £20 to watch rubbish in the cold?

Edited by BeckfordsRightFoot

BRF, I'm getting more concerned by the day about your mental state. Bouncing from insanity to genius the way you do cannot possibly be good for you.

So... playing home games behind closed doors. That is definitely thinking outside the box... and in our current state I'm struggling to come up with a truly convincing argument against. :unsure:

I reckon you might have it this time! :grin:

Before I start work this morning, I must get an idea I've had regarding solving Latics home form out into a wider arena. I've emailed the club already but would like to hear arguments both for and against. In a stroke, my solution would;

1. Regenerate a unique atmosphere

2. Save the club a fortune

3. Protect our brave players from idiots shouting and booing

4. Create a strange atmosphere for away players

5. Allow constructive arguments between the players

6. Adhere to the captains wishes

My solution? Play home games behind closed doors.

Season ticket holders would get a full refund. This would be funded by the electricity, maintenence and staff savings.

Ok I will have a reasoned arguement then.

1. Yes it would be unique , maybe the players would play better without having abuse thrown at them but on the same point they play better when the crowd is behind them and cheering.

2. Would it save them a fortune? They wouldnt make money on beer and food but they wouldnt have to pay stewards , police etc

3. Covered in 1

4. It would be like playing a reserve game for the away side which maybe could work

5. Not to sure about this , I think they have them anyway

6. Thats a good thing lets all follow what Gregan says....

I dont agree with you and my reasons for and against are above,

if this is another fishing post to see how many you can get then add 1 to the column

Ok I will have a reasoned arguement then.

1. Yes it would be unique , maybe the players would play better without having abuse thrown at them but on the same point they play better when the crowd is behind them and cheering.

2. Would it save them a fortune? They wouldnt make money on beer and food but they wouldnt have to pay stewards , police etc

3. Covered in 1

4. It would be like playing a reserve game for the away side which maybe could work

5. Not to sure about this , I think they have them anyway

6. Thats a good thing lets all follow what Gregan says....

I dont agree with you and my reasons for and against are above,

if this is another fishing post to see how many you can get then add 1 to the column

See its no fun is it when you get serious replies :lol:

Do you know how the game of football works? or more importantly, don't you get bored of 'fishing' when people KNOW you are doing it and you TOLD people you are doing it? Pardon me if i'm wrong, but arent you supposed to get a reaction because people think youre being serious?

Go on Mikey :)

I got called a :censored: after about 3 posts.

OK OK. Rudemedic obviously thinks its a good idea. What do you think of his post?

I don't think its that good an idea but I can see some of your logic and I've disagreed with some of your logic. Its an idea- a very novel one, but not a particularly feasible one the sort of thing clubs who are desperate and in trouble of going down try- can I suggest you email it to Darlington.

Before I start work this morning, I must get an idea I've had regarding solving Latics home form out into a wider arena. I've emailed the club already but would like to hear arguments both for and against. In a stroke, my solution would;

1. Regenerate a unique atmosphere

2. Save the club a fortune

3. Protect our brave players from idiots shouting and booing

4. Create a strange atmosphere for away players

5. Allow constructive arguments between the players

6. Adhere to the captains wishes

My solution? Play home games behind closed doors.

Season ticket holders would get a full refund. This would be funded by the electricity, maintenence and staff savings.

hahahah love it..i thought that i was a past master in winding em in but you are truly amazing...the trouble is so many people fall for it....

hahahahah :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Anyone else read/hear about the blackburn Burnley RESERVE game being played behind closed doors cause the police said the rivalry between the fans is too intense on top of the fact they've not played each other in the top flight for 30 odd years?!

Back to our closed door games...

Paying to watch it on tv or other online media format...would make me similair to 99.9% of scum fans!

BOT - seriously I think it'd make a HUGE loss cause the wage bill is based on income.

How about these for a few tongue in cheek ideas :tongue1:

- electrify the heels of dean brill's boots to deliver a nasty shock everytime he puts pressure on his heels to keep him on his toes

- upgrade reubens lightbulb to a lighthouse

- chuck in a saveloy and chip supper if gregan manages to keep a clean sheet

- arm select fans with cattle prods and seat them near the players entrance

- take pawel and keigan to the nearest farm, find a barn door and teach them to hit it with a football

- have a whipround to buy Dave Penney a copy of signing goalkeepers and centre halves for dummies (Please note I am not a penney outer!!!!!, but this is probably the main criticism I have of him so far)

- get the club to negotiate and organise the sensible fans access to the work place of the moaners and let us scream abuse at them for ninety minutes

Thoughts :D

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I'm very busy today surprisingly so I apologise for not enlightening you with any more ideas. However;

"- take pawel and keigan to the nearest farm, find a barn door and teach them to hit it with a football"

This is a good idea.

This would teach the strikers to cope under difficult cicumstances;

Hitting a small target.

The ball would be bobbling around on the cobbles.

Muddy conditions, ideal for Winter.

Lots of distractions (animal noises etc similar to crowd noises)

I like this.

I have emailed the clubs management department.

And to solve the problem of the moaning fan

- identify the moaners and lock the doors at end of games

- arm gregan, gray and penney with cattle prods and allow them access to the stand for 2 minutes

- that time increases by 15 seconds for every sarcy comment, 30 seconds for every f**k, c**n, t**t and s**t aimed at the players, and 2 minutes for every 'penney out'

In tonight's rarely wrong hron it says Penney believes playing away may suit his side better as they have collected more points on their travels than at Boundary Park, where they have not won since February 14.

“Perhaps they can go out and enjoy themselves with a little bit of pressure off than having to get a result at home. Anything you collect away is a bonus,” Penney continued.

I'm not sure whether Dave is advocating playing ALL games away from home and putting it forward as an alternative to playing home games behind closed doors. :unsure:

And to solve the problem of the moaning fan

- identify the moaners and lock the doors at end of games

- arm gregan, gray and penney with cattle prods and allow them access to the stand for 2 minutes

- that time increases by 15 seconds for every sarcy comment, 30 seconds for every f**k, c**n, t**t and s**t aimed at the players, and 2 minutes for every 'penney out'

Oh, but that sounds goooooood. Mmmmmyeah, prod me there big boy...