Dean Brill tomorrow

What does anyone who ends up sat/stood near him think about the novel idea of giving him a bit of encouragement???

Yes, he appears to be :censored: but, as long as he's wearing an Oldham Athletic shirt why not get behind him.

Maybe, just maybe, it might bring out a half decent performance.

Edited by dfOAFC

What does anyone who ends up sat/stood near him think about the novel idea of giving him a bit of encouragement???

Yes, he appears to be :censored: but, as long as he's wearing an Oldham Athletic why not get behind him.

Maybe, just maybe, it might bring out a half decent performance.

God, you're old fashioned.

We should throw stuff at him.

Lighters, coins, mobiles, pies etc....

Typical Latics morons, WHY do we have so many at this club????!!!!!!

Brill is obviously very short of confidence, screaming at him that he is :censored: does nothing to improve the situation.

It's not Brill's fault the club got rid of Fleming.

Latics must have the worst fans in the football league. I honestly believe - no other supporters treat their players with so much disrespect than us I can understand why Gregan said he rather play away from home.

Typical Latics morons, WHY do we have so many at this club????!!!!!!

Brill is obviously very short of confidence, screaming at him that he is :censored: does nothing to improve the situation.

It's not Brill's fault the club got rid of Fleming.

Latics must have the worst fans in the football league. I honestly believe - no other supporters treat their players with so much disrespect than us I can understand why Gregan said he rather play away from home.

Thats right, give him a patronsising clap and tell him erything will be ok and his confidence will rocket.

He is :censored: to be honest, The abuse he got at the Hartleppol game seems out of order but a rallying call of claps from 250 people at Bristol isn't going to stop him being inadequate

Thats right, give him a patronsising clap and tell him erything will be ok and his confidence will rocket.

He is :censored: to be honest, The abuse he got at the Hartleppol game seems out of order but a rallying call of claps from 250 people at Bristol isn't going to stop him being inadequate

I totally disagree.

He is not :censored:, he is simply playing :censored: at the moment. He got rave reviews at Luton and he was coveted by a number of clubs over the summer.

We can destroy the bloke completely by abusing him or we can try and support him and hope he finds his true form. I know which one sounds the better option to me.

i'm not suggesting that if he cocks up everyone should bite their tongues but if people are jumping down his throat the first time he slightly fumbles the ball or giving him ironic cheers for a simple chance, he;s got no chance of turning it around.

does anybody remember Scott McNiven giving a penalty away (i think) at the Chaddy end a few years ago, then everytime he touched the ball (for that half) he was booed off the chaddy end - disgusting

booing your own players is disgraceful, i cant remember playing any other team where their fans have booed one of their own players

i think its just in latics fans culture to do it :thumbsdown::petesake:

To be fair it is human nature and not just Latics fans. The venting of frustration feels good, so it gets done. As you get older, you tend to learn it does no good and move to burying your head in your hands and wishing for Andy Rhodes to return instead (hence why the abuse came from where it did).

I'll disagree with Latics & England though. The guys a liability. Luton fans said he was, and so far he's been far worse than what they mentioned. Buy non-league keepers, let in non-league goals. Get rid, ASAP.

I totally disagree.

He is not :censored:, he is simply playing :censored: at the moment. He got rave reviews at Luton and he was coveted by a number of clubs over the summer.

We can destroy the bloke completely by abusing him or we can try and support him and hope he finds his true form. I know which one sounds the better option to me.

i'm not suggesting that if he cocks up everyone should bite their tongues but if people are jumping down his throat the first time he slightly fumbles the ball or giving him ironic cheers for a simple chance, he;s got no chance of turning it around.

Coveted by a number of clubs 6 summers ago, I dont think we fought off that many. He is :censored:, I wouldn't shout that to him but there is no room for sentiment - liability

There was a season when Les Pogliacomi was the best thing since sliced bread...and then a season when he was as popular as a marmite sandwich. Confidence is a massive thing as a goalie (I should know as I have worn the gauntlets for many a year) and any keeper, no matter what his ability is, can have a bad run. Goram, Rhodes, Hallworth, Gerrard, Kelly (repeat ad infinitum) have had bad spells...but we simply have to give the guy a chance and he will hopefully come through.

Rome was not built in a day (I went there recently and some of the older bits are falling down), and in the same way we cannot expect instant success. Goalies also feed off the confidence of their defence and, to be fair, Gregan and Hazell have been as good a double act as Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy recently.

The boy is wearing the Athletic badge on his chest at the end of the day. I didn't agree with people booing Richard Butcher and I don't agree with booing someone who has made mistakes, but not been given the opportunity to fully prove himself.

On another forum someone has posted that brill is the highest earner at latics!

A 23 year old 'keeper from a club relegated to the Conference? Doubt it very much.

Regardless of what salary he enjoyed at Luton (possibly signed in the Championship), these are hard times for pro footballers (relatively speaking of course!).

I suspect a little fuel was being added to the fire.