City - Arsenal - Adebayor - Clattenburg

I watched the City-Arsenal game today on German TV, as you do. I'm telling you all right now - it was a fix. Clattenburg is bent. Fix! Fix! Fix!

Many a non bent referee would have sent off Adebayor 3 times today, not super ref. He stamped on Fabergas' ankle, he raked his studs down Van Persies face - could have blinded him and then to top it off he then scored and ran the full length of the field to slide in on his knees and incite the Arsenal fans. I would have laughed if one of his fellow morons had got on the field and clobbered him.

Another interesting thing is that whilst the German commentator was marvelling at the abysmal refereeing and what a c*** Adebayor is the English commentary glossed over it, as did the Soccer Saturday lot. Nothing dodgy about our football, oh no, nothing to see here.

Fix!

Adebayor wasn't sent off in the game but I'd be surprised if he doesn't serve a suspension- the rake on van Persie was just that. Van Persie isn't as innocent as he makes out though that was a bad challenge and when Adebayor went round 4 of them when he sent up SWP I thought a couple of those challenges were a bit of revenge and the player was out to clobber Adebayor (only he moved). The sliding on your knees after running 90 yards is one of those things that if its your player is funny- but if the player is from the opposition is annoying as :censored: (I'm still bitter about Langley's celebration in front of the chaddy in the play-offs for QPR 7 years ago and it wasn't to the level of that)- if the tables were turned you can bet the Arsenal fans would have reacted differently. I think Adebayor may well find himself serving a 4/5 game suspension (3 for the rake on van Persie and 1/2 more for the celebration- which in recent times is just dumb).

But will VP get a ban for the challenge? Will Bentdner get a ban for the knee high challenge on Adebayor later on? I doubt it. Oh and Arsehole amazingly saw the stamp.....

Does my hatred for the Arse show?

:grin:

BBC site quotes Wenger as saying "Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he wanted to see a replay before deciding whether there was any intent on Adebayor's behalf. "I didn't really see what happened," said the Frenchman.

:grin:

BBC site quotes Wenger as saying "Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he wanted to see a replay before deciding whether there was any intent on Adebayor's behalf. "I didn't really see what happened," said the Frenchman.

I wondered what he was on about.

Arsene Wenger is brilliant. His teams produce the most watchable football going. He signs players that can only be adored, ArseShaving is the perfect example. I have no idea why anyone other than a scummer or a hotspurts fan would dislike him.

Well, other than that he is french.

My real question here is "is Clattenburg corrupt and did he make sure City won on Saturday"? I reckon he is and he did.

Who was the nearest person on the pitch to Fabergas having his ankle deliberately stamped on? Clattenburg. Which direction was he facing? He was looking straight at the incident.

Who was the nearest person on the pitch to Van Persie having his face stamped on? Clattenburg. Which direction was he facing? He was looking straight at the incident.

Throw in a stonewall handball in the 6 yard box by City who promptly went up field and scored again.

If that match/refereeing took place in Italy everybody would just think "oh right, bet that game was bent" but it's somehow as if it can never happen in this country. I'm convinced that it did on Saturday.

I havent had that impression about a game here in England since we played Portsmouth away in the 80's (1985 I think) so I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist when it comes to referees.

If saying one of our fine English referees is bent will get this website - and myself- crushed by the full legal weight of the football industry then please feel free to remove.

I know I'll be alone here, but I thought Adebayor's behaviour was superb.

The Arsenal fans were giving him :censored: and he gave it them back. It showed passion which is sadly lacking in todays game. So what if he caught Van Persie's face? It was a tiny scratch. In the old days, Van Persie wouldn't have been such a pussy, jumped up and cracked him.

Adebayor became my favourite player within 90 minutes.

I know I'll be alone here, but I thought Adebayor's behaviour was superb.

The Arsenal fans were giving him :censored: and he gave it them back. It showed passion which is sadly lacking in todays game. So what if he caught Van Persie's face? It was a tiny scratch. In the old days, Van Persie wouldn't have been such a pussy, jumped up and cracked him.

Adebayor became my favourite player within 90 minutes.

I’m certainly up for blackening City’s reputation over this. I have to say though, as much as Adebayor is a turd, and he is, I have no time for fans who cry about, “being provoked.” It sounds a bit too much like someone who glasses people in the pub because they looked at him funny. If you expect the player to be able to resist climbing into the crowd after you while you spend an hour calling his mother a whore, then why can’t you resist throwing stuff/trying to get to him if he sticks a bit back to you? It's basically saying that professional footballers are cleverer and more responsible human beings than you, which is not a good place to be.

I’m certainly up for blackening City’s reputation over this. I have to say though, as much as Adebayor is a turd, and he is, I have no time for fans who cry about, “being provoked.” It sounds a bit too much like someone who glasses people in the pub because they looked at him funny. If you expect the player to be able to resist climbing into the crowd after you while you spend an hour calling his mother a whore, then why can’t you resist throwing stuff/trying to get to him if he sticks a bit back to you? It's basically saying that professional footballers are cleverer and more responsible human beings than you, which is not a good place to be.

Pro footballers have a responsibility whilst playing for a club, running the full length of the field was certainly an emotion charged OTT response to the herberts calling his mother a whore and his dad an elephant washing whatever........But in football the term - let your feet do the talking (not in Van Persies head however...) should have been enough -

saying that football fans are a hypocritical bunch!!

The return at the Emirates will be an interesting little tussle!!!!

Pro footballers have a responsibility whilst playing for a club, running the full length of the field was certainly an emotion charged OTT response to the herberts calling his mother a whore and his dad an elephant washing whatever........But in football the term - let your feet do the talking (not in Van Persies head however...) should have been enough -

saying that football fans are a hypocritical bunch!!

The return at the Emirates will be an interesting little tussle!!!!

I think that's bollocks to be honest :tongue1: . How does being good at football qualify someone to be cleverer or able to make better life choices than someone who isn't? I've seen and read of several things that suggest otherwise. The fans baying for blood and "attempting" to get onto the pitch and have a go (let's face it, 99/100 knowing that they will be stopped or can make out they were only stopped by the presence of stewards/dibble) are a bunch of soft arses who can give it but not take a fraction of it back.

And yes, I have moved down the odd terrace to scream abuse at opposition players who have enraged me, I just haven't cried about it afterwards or told over them to my dad.

I think that's bollocks to be honest :tongue1: . How does being good at football qualify someone to be cleverer or able to make better life choices than someone who isn't? I've seen and read of several things that suggest otherwise. The fans baying for blood and "attempting" to get onto the pitch and have a go (let's face it, 99/100 knowing that they will be stopped or can make out they were only stopped by the presence of stewards/dibble) are a bunch of soft arses who can give it but not take a fraction of it back.

And yes, I have moved down the odd terrace to scream abuse at opposition players who have enraged me, I just haven't cried about it afterwards or told over them to my dad.

What do you know about sucking eggs.... :wink:

I agree about the fan bit anyway!! :grin:

It doesn't make you clevererererer, it's just being a footballer youget paid a :censored: load more money (at that level!!) to semi ignore the feckwits!!

Edited by futchers briefs

What do you know about sucking eggs.... :wink:

I agree about the fan bit anyway!! :grin:

It doesn't make you clevererererer, it's just being a footballer youget paid a :censored: load more money (at that level!!) to semi ignore the feckwits!!

We were talking about this in work today, and someone reminded me of that Palace fan testifying in court to having said something like, "Excuse me Mr Cantona, but I don't think you are very good at football." :grin: Made me wonder if he subconsciously gave me my ammunition to hammer the Brentford keeper with this season.

We were talking about this in work today, and someone reminded me of that Palace fan testifying in court to having said something like, "Excuse me Mr Cantona, but I don't think you are very good at football." :grin: Made me wonder if he subconsciously gave me my ammunition to hammer the Brentford keeper with this season.

I don't remember Cantona ever being told someone admired him as a man (apart from that obsequious, sycophantic piece of monkey excrement that was that Ken Loach film) :grin: