you see what happens when you get behind the team?

maybe today's game will teach a few moaners a valuable lesson. if you support the team they will play better! dean brill got support, he had a faultless match, keigan parker got support, he scored a goal and looked a lot more confident etc.

I feel a lot better after seeing that performance and i knew it was going to come eventually! Lets hope we can kick on from here now. Dave penney's blue and white army!

maybe today's game will teach a few moaners a valuable lesson. if you support the team they will play better! dean brill got support, he had a faultless match, keigan parker got support, he scored a goal and looked a lot more confident etc.

I feel a lot better after seeing that performance and i knew it was going to come eventually! Lets hope we can kick on from here now. Dave penney's blue and white army!

Regular readers know that I have called consistently for support rather than moaning.

There is a thin line between success and failure. Carlisle had enough chances to score and I feel that if they had equalised, there would have been heads dropping on the pitch and moaners vociferous in the crowd. It's all about confidence. The second goal was crucial and it allowed our lads to play classy football. There was one brilliant move in the second half that started with Lomax, involved 6 or 7 players and ended in a Taylor shimmy and shot that was saved.

What I'm trying to say is if we support the team, they won't always play better, but we also need to keep supporting at times when the players need their heads lifting. If you feel inclined to moan, just bite your tongue and make encouraging noises instead. It may work wonders.

If that confidence can be maintained we may well be going onwards and upwards. :chubb:

Yes he's guided them to the dizzy heights of 13th in league 2 with one of the best budgets available

Fantastic job

You see, if by May, Chesterfield are up there, then he will have done a good job. Why not wait til then until you start with your sarcastic comments.

Was OK today. Win was the main thing. Wasn't a great performance but it was an improvement, so encouraging signs. Next two games will be tough, let's hope we can keep improving.

You see, if by May, Chesterfield are up there, then he will have done a good job. Why not wait til then until you start with your sarcastic comments.

I think it was a perfectly reasonable comment as we were being compared to "Shez doing well at Chesterfield".

Was OK today. Win was the main thing. Wasn't a great performance but it was an improvement, so encouraging signs. Next two games will be tough, let's hope we can keep improving.

Will second that.

There were lots of good performances today.

Not great. But good.

your the fool i no who you are for sure i shall keep it as private.

Look, if you're going to call somebody a fool on an internet forum it really is a good idea to get your spelling and punctuation right.

By the way, is that meant to be some sort of implied threat?

Edited by opinions4u

maybe today's game will teach a few moaners a valuable lesson.

I think the last home game and our attendance today suggests that those moaners have :censored:ed right off from BP. Good if you want the moaning gone, bad if you're counting the pennies in BP. As it is, as I'm of the view that our owners are now embarking on recouping their money through the land deal/project Brassbank and viewing their commmerial/marketing efforts I doubt they're bothering about the pennies through the gate now. So I'm glad them boo boys have :censored:ed off. It'll be 3000+ Latics fans supporting the side now for this season. Altho that doesn't explain why the Accy Stanley "core support" thing didn't work...I guess that's either coz they outsung us or the Chaddy end wasn't open to roar us on :wink:

Behave.

If the team pull their tripe out and don't play like a bunchs of c***s, they'll not get moand at.

Edited by danoafc

Good news....but here's hoping it's just the start. Sounded on Latics World like Carlisle had a few chances, but seemed CT had more freedom, and Brill, Abbot, Parker and Lomax (Always been a fan) all had a bit of a confidence boost which can only be a good thing.

With regards to the support - as I've said before, quality not quantity!

hazell was :censored:e

Liability yestereday. Simple errors that could have cost us the game before we got control.

BUT: Brill looked more confident.

If somebody can sort Rubes out in the same we then the centre half we saw for much of last season can return and we'll keep more clean sheets.

The moaners didn't need to learn any lessons. The team did.

They needed to understand the importance of keeping possession, timing runs, and making yourself available for the pass. They needed to learn to cover positions when fullbacks overlapped, and they needed to drag teams wider when attacking. They also needed to learn the basics of defending.

Yesterday, they were 80% there. A much improved performance that meant they were applauded and further encouraged.

Do you honestly think people arrive at BP with the intention of moaning from the start? They start moaning when it is clear nothing has been learnt from the previous defeat, and the same mistakes are being made. It's a confidence thing, and the players have got to have belief in themselves, in order to get the crowd back on their side.

A lively and decent start to the game was required yesterday, and when it happened the crowd were immediately behind the boys. Suddenly we're a bit more confident, and let's hope it continues, but the team have to play their part in it too.

The moaners didn't need to learn any lessons. The team did.

They needed to understand the importance of keeping possession, timing runs, and making yourself available for the pass. They needed to learn to cover positions when fullbacks overlapped, and they needed to drag teams wider when attacking. They also needed to learn the basics of defending.

Yesterday, they were 80% there. A much improved performance that meant they were applauded and further encouraged.

Do you honestly think people arrive at BP with the intention of moaning from the start? They start moaning when it is clear nothing has been learnt from the previous defeat, and the same mistakes are being made. It's a confidence thing, and the players have got to have belief in themselves, in order to get the crowd back on their side.

A lively and decent start to the game was required yesterday, and when it happened the crowd were immediately behind the boys. Suddenly we're a bit more confident, and let's hope it continues, but the team have to play their part in it too.

Agreed although I did sense more positivity than the Hartlepool game. It was like we were waiting for the record to be broken then back to normality. The lads just need to put in perfomances like that week in week out and the Latics fan's can be a nice bunch of people to play football in front of.