Don't complain at our admittance prices

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are undoubtedly factors in what's going on (as I predicted they would be). But I still don't believe that an extra 4000 seats would send the club to the wall.

Apparently Southend and Brighton have managed to give the worldwide recession/depression the slip and somehow find the money for non-embarrssing stadiums.

Southend have not even started yet! last quote from the chairman "The Blues’ chairman claimed no bank in the UK was currently prepared to lend the money needed for the ambitious project."

Southend have not even started yet! last quote from the chairman "The Blues’ chairman claimed no bank in the UK was currently prepared to lend the money needed for the ambitious project."

Nobody was talking about whether anybody else's stadium has been started or not. They were merely commenting on the way that clubs hardly better supported than Latics (in Southend's case more historically more poorly supported) are planning stadiums with capacities that indicate they still have ambitions for hosting as many big games against big clubs as possible.

Nobody was talking about whether anybody else's stadium has been started or not. They were merely commenting on the way that clubs hardly better supported than Latics (in Southend's case more historically more poorly supported) are planning stadiums with capacities that indicate they still have ambitions for hosting as many big games against big clubs as possible.

You said "Apparently Southend and Brighton have managed to give the worldwide recession/depression the slip and somehow find the money for non-embarrssing stadiums"

I then replied with:

See why i posted what i did now or shall i explain further :huh:

Im happy with the information that has been officially released and find no need to speculate or guess what may or may not be going through the owners minds

im completely dismayed with the information that has been officially released and find every need to discuss that is going through the owners minds :wink:

You said "Apparently Southend and Brighton have managed to give the worldwide recession/depression the slip and somehow find the money for non-embarrssing stadiums"

I then replied with:

See why i posted what i did now or shall i explain further :huh:

Yes-and I've already pointed out that we were discussing not when various stadium projects are going to get underway, but the apparent ambitions of other clubs, as indicated by the stadium capacities they are proposing, in comparison to Latics.

Yes-and I've already pointed out that we were discussing not when various stadium projects are going to get underway, but the apparent ambitions of other clubs, as indicated by the stadium capacities they are proposing, in comparison to Latics.

But its not going to start.. Nobody will give them the cash so the ambitious 25000 seater super stadium aint happening....

I live in a 2 bed house but I have ambitions to own a 2 million pound mansion with a swimming pool and cinema but i cant get anybody to lend me the cash either

Well if andy_b_100 is happy then how dare anyone else still have a question / worry / issue :lol:

Yes how dare you. I will question whatever I need to when it comes from the horses mouth and isnt specualtive and mind reading .. Creepy can you see in to their minds ???

Yes how dare you. I will question whatever I need to when it comes from the horses mouth and isnt specualtive and mind reading .. Creepy can you see in to their minds ???

Mind reading has nothing whatsoever to do with it when you consider that almost all stadiums holding as little as 12000 are concentrated in the lower divisions.

if i tried i think i could

but i dont have to, im just going off what has already been released - its easy!

But its not going to start.. Nobody will give them the cash so the ambitious 25000 seater super stadium aint happening....

I live in a 2 bed house but I have ambitions to own a 2 million pound mansion with a swimming pool and cinema but i cant get anybody to lend me the cash either

Don't borrow the cash for a mansion son-that's how we came to be in this mess in the first place.

For the third time-when and if those stadiums get built is not the issue. The issue is their stated intention to build stadiums almost twice the capacity of the one being proposed for Latics.

Don't borrow the cash for a mansion son-that's how we came to be in this mess in the first place.

For the third time-when and if those stadiums get built is not the issue. The issue is their stated intention to build stadiums almost twice the capacity of the one being proposed for Latics.

Our stated intention was 16K. We had to re-think just like it looks like Southend will be doing..

The ambition is irrelevent if we/they cant afford it

Our stated intention was 16K. We had to re-think just like it looks like Southend will be doing..

We know nothing about how Southend will handle their problems, do we? In any case, they can look after themselves.

If ambition is irrelevent then so, sadly, is the club.

To concur:

Definition of Ambitious – Requiring full use of your abilities or resources.

Therefore if you don’t have the resources to build a stadium, it cannot be deemed to be ambitious. Maybe pipe dream would be more apt.

To concur:

Definition of Ambitious – Requiring full use of your abilities or resources.

Therefore if you don’t have the resources to build a stadium, it cannot be deemed to be ambitious. Maybe pipe dream would be more apt.

Where did you pull that from ?

The Oxford dictionary states:

ambitious

• adjective 1 having or showing ambition. 2 intended to meet a high standard and therefore difficult to achieve.

ambition

• noun 1 a strong desire to do or achieve something. 2 desire for success, wealth, or fame.

Cambridge says:

Definition

ambition noun

/æmˈbɪʃ.ən/ [C or U]

a strong wish to be successful, powerful, rich, etc.

She's got a lot of ambition.

[+ to infinitive] His ambition is ultimately to run his own business.

He has already achieved his main ambition in life - to become wealthy.

political ambitions

She doubts whether she'll ever be able to fulfil her ambition.

I've always had a burning (= very great) ambition to be a film director.

After his heart attack, he abandoned his ambition to become Prime Minister.

ambitious adjective

/æmˈbɪʃ.əs/

having a strong wish to be successful, powerful or rich

an ambitious young lawyer

He's very ambitious for his children (= He wants them to be successful).

If a plan or idea is ambitious, it needs a great amount of skill and effort to be successful or be achieved

She has some ambitious expansion plans for her business.

The government has announced an ambitious programme to modernize the railway network.

The original completion date was over-ambitious, so we have had to delay the opening by six months.

Edited by oafc0000

if i tried i think i could

but i dont have to, im just going off what has already been released - its easy!

Why waste time on an internet forum or even with football ... you should be a millionaire. I mean mind reading .. wow.!!! I just dont get it though as Im going off what has been officially released is a positive statement of intent. I do not recall reading about: TTA leaving and selling up on completion pocketing profit. I have not read that they have given up on getting promoted or that thay have fixed the capacity at 12,000 with no intention of expansion. I also dont remember reading that failsworth is the cheapest option and that other sites have been dismissed without proper thought. I do remember reading that BP costs just under half a million to upkeep (and it wasnt believed). That the club is dying and needs to move, the reason is the land value without the club being there is massive compared to it remaining, (sceptisism about that). Failsworth site is council pre approved and the previous farce of planning will no re occcur. That TTA are scouting recent stadium builds with the same company as a rival team.. and lo we have pages and pages of specualtive mind reading. I rest