Don't complain at our admittance prices

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha did you actually get your dictionary out.

No.. Oxford and Camabridge dictionary are both online...

If people want to start stating what words mean they should probably go to the indisputable sources :)

Instead of finding random sites that fit their agenda :D

Here is wiki's thoughts...

Ambition is the desire for personal achievement. Ambitious persons seek to be the best at what they choose to do for attainment, power, or superiority. Ambition is also the object of this desire.

I think wiki is a good source of what the "majority" think a word means ) Sometimes it is right sometimes it is wrong.. but when its wrong its because the majority are wrong... I love wiki... full of half truths :D

Edited by oafc0000

Why waste time on an internet forum or even with football ... you should be a millionaire. I mean mind reading .. wow.!!! I just dont get it though as Im going off what has been officially released is a positive statement of intent. I do not recall reading about: TTA leaving and selling up on completion pocketing profit. I have not read that they have given up on getting promoted or that thay have fixed the capacity at 12,000 with no intention of expansion. I also dont remember reading that failsworth is the cheapest option and that other sites have been dismissed without proper thought. I do remember reading that BP costs just under half a million to upkeep (and it wasnt believed). That the club is dying and needs to move, the reason is the land value without the club being there is massive compared to it remaining, (sceptisism about that). Failsworth site is council pre approved and the previous farce of planning will no re occcur. That TTA are scouting recent stadium builds with the same company as a rival team.. and lo we have pages and pages of specualtive mind reading. I rest

Do you always wait for somebody to spell something out to you, and do you always take it at face value?

As if anybody's going to actually come out and say, "Here is a new stadium. It's small because we don't believe this club will ever need anything more. We've reluctantly come to the conclusion that you should settle for financial stability in the lower divisions, although we can't be sure if any of this will achieve any such thing. As soon as we can find somebody to take the club off our hands we're off. May God have mercy on your souls."

Edited by Corporal_Jones

No.. Oxford and Camabridge dictionary are both online...

If people want to start stating what words mean they should probably go to the indisputable sources :)

Instead of finding random sites that fit their agenda :D

Here is wiki's thoughts...

Ambition is the desire for personal achievement. Ambitious persons seek to be the best at what they choose to do for attainment, power, or superiority. Ambition is also the object of this desire.

I think wiki is a good source of what the "majority" think a word means ) Sometimes it is right sometimes it is wrong.. but when its wrong its because the majority are wrong... I love wiki... full of half truths :D

Bla bla bla i didnt quote what "ambition" meant that was another poster.... I just asked if you had actually got your dictionary out, thanks for clarifying

Why waste time on an internet forum or even with football ... you should be a millionaire. I mean mind reading .. wow.!!! I just dont get it though as Im going off what has been officially released is a positive statement of intent. I do not recall reading about: TTA leaving and selling up on completion pocketing profit. I have not read that they have given up on getting promoted or that thay have fixed the capacity at 12,000 with no intention of expansion. I also dont remember reading that failsworth is the cheapest option and that other sites have been dismissed without proper thought. I do remember reading that BP costs just under half a million to upkeep (and it wasnt believed). That the club is dying and needs to move, the reason is the land value without the club being there is massive compared to it remaining, (sceptisism about that). Failsworth site is council pre approved and the previous farce of planning will no re occcur. That TTA are scouting recent stadium builds with the same company as a rival team.. and lo we have pages and pages of specualtive mind reading. I rest

What im going to write now has been released or spoke about by TTA (the club)

TTA wont be here in a couple of years (which obviously means when the stadium project is finished)

TTA will be making a profit from this project (which i havent got a problem with)

They will leave a self sufficient football club, run off a few football pitches they will rent out = league 2

The 12000 capacity is fixed at under 12000, maybe it can be extended by a future owner, but TTA are thinking of cost i.e they make as much out of the project, leaving us with a league 1/2 capacity stadium, with quite possibly a league 2 team on the field

They say 'the club is dying', thats just scare mongering - the club will only die if TTA pull out, (and that is debatable after TTA turned down an offer from abroad for 50% of the club last year) which isnt going to happen, due to the profit they will make

I THINK its the same company that designed Colchester and Shrewsburys stadium.

speculation or mind reading doesnt come into it, we are not stupid, we can see exactly what is going on

i would rather they make us self sufficient at BP and put the club officially up for sale, by then land prices would have rose, and the BP project will be back on

Where did you pull that from ?

The Oxford dictionary states:

ambitious

• adjective 1 having or showing ambition. 2 intended to meet a high standard and therefore difficult to achieve.

ambition

• noun 1 a strong desire to do or achieve something. 2 desire for success, wealth, or fame.

Cambridge says:

Definition

ambition noun

/æmˈbɪʃ.ən/ [C or U]

a strong wish to be successful, powerful, rich, etc.

She's got a lot of ambition.

[+ to infinitive] His ambition is ultimately to run his own business.

He has already achieved his main ambition in life - to become wealthy.

political ambitions

She doubts whether she'll ever be able to fulfil her ambition.

I've always had a burning (= very great) ambition to be a film director.

After his heart attack, he abandoned his ambition to become Prime Minister.

ambitious adjective

/æmˈbɪʃ.əs/

having a strong wish to be successful, powerful or rich

an ambitious young lawyer

He's very ambitious for his children (= He wants them to be successful).

If a plan or idea is ambitious, it needs a great amount of skill and effort to be successful or be achieved

She has some ambitious expansion plans for her business.

The government has announced an ambitious programme to modernize the railway network.

The original completion date was over-ambitious, so we have had to delay the opening by six months.

Wordnet - Princeton University (via google).

It also stated similar to what you have stated above but I felt my definition was more apt.

LaticsPete... I am interested in you replying to my post...

Am I right or wrong ? Lets clear it up...

I've been out since this morning.

Email to me in response to one from me to him: " We are indeed interested in how Colchester, Shrewsbury and other clubs have incorporated activities for the wider community into the planning of their new grounds......The design of our new stadium is still to be decided and there is no predisposition to any model..."

Happy now?

I've been out since this morning.

Email to me in response to one from me to him: " We are indeed interested in how Colchester, Shrewsbury and other clubs have incorporated activities for the wider community into the planning of their new grounds......The design of our new stadium is still to be decided and there is no predisposition to any model..."

Happy now?

:lol:

I have seen similar responses...

The design of our stadium is still to be decided... So that means that it may or may not look like Colchester's ground... It is still a possibility...

How many different ways can you design a 12k stadium and leave room for expansion ? I would say the lego stand approach is still a distinct possibility.

What it looks like is not a "major" concern for me anyway. What else will be built on the new land, what WE will own and how much WE will get from the profits of these extra things is my "major" concern.

I have seen similar responses...

The design of our stadium is still to be decided... So that means that it may or may not look like Colchester's ground... It is still a possibility...

How many different ways can you design a 12k stadium and leave room for expansion ? I would say the lego stand approach is still a distinct possibility.

What it looks like is not a "major" concern for me anyway. What else will be built on the new land, what WE will own and how much WE will get from the profits of these extra things is my "major" concern.

2 football pitches

a soccer dome featuring 10 5 a side pitches

a sports rehabilitation centre

indoor pitch

conference facilities

we will be the kings of Europe, mark my words :wink:

Do you always wait for somebody to spell something out to you, and do you always take it at face value?

As if anybody's going to actually come out and say, "Here is a new stadium. It's small because we don't believe this club will ever need anything more. We've reluctantly come to the conclusion that you should settle for financial stability in the lower divisions, although we can't be sure if any of this will achieve any such thing. As soon as we can find somebody to take the club off our hands we're off. May God have mercy on your souls."

Not always no, I review it on a trust basis, I dont think they(TTA) have a pre meditated and so far unproven desire to drag us down. I work with and deal in factual information. there is nothing factual in the above statement.

2 football pitches

a soccer dome featuring 10 5 a side pitches

a sports rehabilitation centre

indoor pitch

conference facilities

we will be the kings of Europe, mark my words :wink:

I know all the above...

Will we* "own" those facilities ?

What percentage of the profits from those facilities will we* get ?

Whatever we* get does that translate into the £25k a week or whatever it is the TTA reckon they are covering ?

Whatever we* get does that translate into giving us the ability to move forward / improve the sqaud etc...

*Oldham Athletic

We know none of this... Yet some fans think everything is great!!

I hear they are pretty good at banking :)

I think we can all agree their liberal use of language is not the best...

I think when you get to an academic level they know what they are talking about. Princeton ranks up there with Oxford and Cambridge to.

I think we're pretty good at banking over here as well.

I think when you get to an academic level they know what they are talking about. Princeton ranks up there with Oxford and Cambridge to.

I think we're pretty good at banking over here as well.

Anyway, the meaning of the word has been cleared up.. We live in England mate and we speak English... We are not American and we don't speak American English...

We aint all chavy gangsta east side massive's in this country, not yet anyway :D

I know all the above...

Will we* "own" those facilities ?

What percentage of the profits from those facilities will we* get ?

Whatever we* get does that translate into the £25k a week or whatever it is the TTA reckon they are covering ?

Whatever we* get does that translate into giving us the ability to move forward / improve the sqaud etc...

*Oldham Athletic

We know none of this... Yet some fans think everything is great!!

..and others think that everything is rotten.

It's all pretty pointless speculation until it is too late. Which in reality, it already is to do something about it.