Don't complain at our admittance prices

Could anyone guess the entrance price on the gate at Arsenal vs Wigan at the weekend? I noticed quite a lot of empty seats, which is rare at the Emirates (must have been the Wigan area)

I'll put you out of your misery......................... £112 on the gate

Birmingham vs Villa last week was £48 and didn't sell out. This game is usually sold out weeks in advance.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheapest ticket for barca v really :censored:madrid was 71€

dearest was 225€

98,500 tickets.

sold out in 2 hours.

two weeks earlier v. mallorca ..cheapest ticket 15€

dearest ticket 71€

still tickets available !

suppose it's all about who the opposition is these days.

same as at latics- £20 at home v leeds sounds tempting to a neutral.

£20 at home v. gillingham doesn't.

Could anyone guess the entrance price on the gate at Arsenal vs Wigan at the weekend? I noticed quite a lot of empty seats, which is rare at the Emirates (must have been the Wigan area)

I'll put you out of your misery......................... £112 on the gate

Birmingham vs Villa last week was £48 and didn't sell out. This game is usually sold out weeks in advance.

Wigan's away support is always crap. My red mate said the other season when he watched them play at Old Trafford they took 400.

I always thought our tickets were a bit too steep, but this really puts it into perspective, but i'm still calling for a £10 standing section in the new ground.

Standing is no longer allowed in new and redeveloped stadiums, even in the lower divisions. It never will be again.

The major problems for Latics is that tickest at COMS and Old Trafford are, in the main, nowhere near as steep as those being quoted on here, and those grounds aren't particularly difficult for people from Oldham and its surroundings to get to.

Standing is no longer allowed in new and redeveloped stadiums, even in the lower divisions. It never will be again.

The major problems for Latics is that tickest at COMS and Old Trafford are, in the main, nowhere near as steep as those being quoted on here, and those grounds aren't particularly difficult for people from Oldham and its surroundings to get to.

Apparently Wolves are being charged £41 for the Carling Cup.

Wigan's season ticket prices started at £250 this season.... not sure what the deal was for that but it makes our prices look a little bit out of sync.

TV money probably provides them with more income than gate receipts.

The problem a club like Oldham Athletic has is that the fans want to see better players, but the gate receipts alone can't pay for that and wider income from the football "community" was long ago pinched by the Premiership.

And I really don't think a few five-a-side pitches in Failsworth will buy two Championship standard centre backs who can strengthen the defence while a prolific striker scores the goals that take us up a league.

EDIT: just read that back ... Jones has got to me!

The problem a club like Oldham Athletic has is that the fans want to see better players, but the gate receipts alone can't pay for that and wider income from the football "community" was long ago pinched by the Premiership.

And without better players and success on the pitch attendances will not significantly improve. The vicious circle in which the club is trapped.

The horrible truth.

We did it once with Joe Royle and no money and the dream should be that we could do it again, however, if we go to Failsworth and drift along as we are now without showing much ambition to get up a league I fear alot of supporters including myself will drift away!

Already, with each passing season, I'm finding it more and more difficult to raise enough enthusiasm to go to the games. I've just become unemployed and a lack of finances is making it even less of a draw.

I think I'm just getting bored with the whole scenario!