Don't complain at our admittance prices

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, according to the Evening News, a mile and a half away from the proposed site at Failsworth, the richest club in the world announces a plan to redevelop Eastlands.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...ge_at_eastlands

Will this have a massive difference? Any floating fan/New fan whatever you call them that chooses to attach themseleves to the New Man city would have never picked little Oldham in there 12K or 25K new stadium anyway

Edited by NIKI1234

Can you see whatever facilities we get at Broadway competing with what the Arab money can bring?

if the floating fans are gonna go they are going to go anyway, regardless of if we are nearby or not,

on the positive though I dont think we will be able to play home games on the same day as them because of how close we are, so some of these city supporters who cant be bothered to go to away games,or if they are not playing that day, some city fans may think about coming to watch oldham instead

and no matter where we build or what we build we are never going to compee with them, unless notts county owners get bored n go for us instead but very much doubt it

if the floating fans are gonna go they are going to go anyway, regardless of if we are nearby or not,

on the positive though I dont think we will be able to play home games on the same day as them because of how close we are, so some of these city supporters who cant be bothered to go to away games,or if they are not playing that day, some city fans may think about coming to watch oldham instead

and no matter where we build or what we build we are never going to compee with them, unless notts county owners get bored n go for us instead but very much doubt it

Jah give me strength. Please give me strength.

Will this have a massive difference? Any floating fan/New fan whatever you call them that chooses to attach themseleves to the New Man city would have never picked little Oldham in there 12K or 25K new stadium anyway

Yes-as already said, it will likely offer superior off-field facilities than anything OAFC can muster.

Could anyone guess the entrance price on the gate at Arsenal vs Wigan at the weekend? I noticed quite a lot of empty seats, which is rare at the Emirates (must have been the Wigan area)

I'll put you out of your misery......................... £112 on the gate

Birmingham vs Villa last week was £48 and didn't sell out. This game is usually sold out weeks in advance.

only a idiot would pay that much for 1match :blink:

Yes-as already said, it will likely offer superior off-field facilities than anything OAFC can muster.

and will do so whether we are in Failsworth or re develop BP or wherever we go.... Surley those that choose they want far superier and probably more expensive faciltys at the COMS would do so anyway wherever we are based.

yup cetainly will, but will they be building same things we are? because if they are not we cn still appeal to fans on a seperate basis

I don't know-but we'll be competing with Manchester city centre and COMS. All within less than five miles. (Awaits correction from the human satnavs.) It's considerably different than having them at BP, or anywhere else deep in the Oldham town or borough.

Having said that, we don't even know if there will be any off-field facilities at Failsworth yet.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

and will do so whether we are in Failsworth or re develop BP or wherever we go.... Surley those that choose they want far superier and probably more expensive faciltys at the COMS would do so anyway wherever we are based.

So the big money will go elsewhere than Latics. That's a big comfort. At least it keeps us with what we know.

yes I agree but thing is they are probably going to build different facilities,

corp is going off the presumption they will build the same facilities as us just biger n better, but i very much doubt they will build the exact same stuff

Walking from Broadway to Hulme Hall Lane doesn't feel like two-and-a-half miles to me, but I'm prepared to believe your built-in radar.

Google is my friend. 3.9 miles by car. (But I cut a bit off that cos it seemed to go round the COM stadium once... :unsure: )

I don't think the distance is relevant anyway, at least in the shorter term. Whether it's a mile, 3 miles or 8 miles (I'm guessing it's roughly that from BP - can't be bothered going back to Google again), we are in their catchment area and those that choose City over Oldham will do so wherever we are in Oldham.

yes I agree but thing is they are probably going to build different facilities,

corp is going off the presumption they will build the same facilities as us just biger n better, but i very much doubt they will build the exact same stuff

Perhaps-but there'll almost certainly be an overlap.

As I said, though, the only facilities we've so far heard hinted at at Failsworth are those football pitches.

I don't know-but we'll be competing with Manchester city centre and COMS. All within less than five miles. (Awaits correction from the human satnavs.) It's considerably different than having them at BP, or anywhere else deep in the Oldham town or borough.

Having said that, we don't even know if there will be any off-field facilities at Failsworth yet.

people will always look around for different facilities, its like if we both built restaurants, maybe you would prefer man citys because its bigger n better, but eventually you will want change and try different ones,

and were not just talking about a few 100 people were talking about 10s of thousands of people nearby within reach, if we build something that appeals they will come

Google is my friend. 3.9 miles by car. (But I cut a bit off that cos it seemed to go round the COM stadium once... :unsure: )

I don't think the distance is relevant anyway, at least in the shorter term. Whether it's a mile, 3 miles or 8 miles (I'm guessing it's roughly that from BP - can't be bothered going back to Google again), we are in their catchment area and those that choose City over Oldham will do so wherever we are in Oldham.

Not only are we in their catchment area-we're going to camp on their doorstep. Maybe we should save money and ask if we can move into that little velodrome effort they've got next to their stadium.

people will always look around for different facilities, its like if we both built restaurants, maybe you would prefer man citys because its bigger n better, but eventually you will want change and try different ones,

and were not just talking about a few 100 people were talking about 10s of thousands of people nearby within reach, if we build something that appeals they will come

Okay.

Perhaps-but there'll almost certainly be an overlap.

As I said, though, the only facilities we've so far heard hinted at at Failsworth are those football pitches.

aye because we are still in that 90 day period where the architechts are scouring the country for ideas, theyre not just looing at stadium designs but facilities aswell, what sells, what doesnt, when they come back with the final report i think we will have a better idea of what facilities will be added

I am on Google maps and it 3.2... Is there a car and walking option?

It says 2.3 miles walking, but 3.7 miles by car. But the route it gives by car goes all the way down Oldham road, past COMS and round it to get to it. Obviously Google has no knowledge of the local area, because you can pretty much use the same route as the walking route to get there by car.