Ronniesaurus

dont particularly like him mainly because of the way we played under him and the whole tranmere thing but i honestly hopes he does well there very harshly treated by tranmere and arguebly same when he was here. rotherham seem to have got themselves out of financial trouble now and got there club sorted so maybe they deserve a bit of success now and (from the perspective) who better to bring it than a club legend

And they're said to be building a 15000 capacity stadium. In a considerably smaller town than Oldham.

'What for?' cries a chorus of nodding dogs. They only average about 3800.

Think how much all those extra seats will cost, too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they're said to be building a 15000 capacity stadium. In a considerably smaller town than Oldham.

'What for?' cries a chorus of nodding dogs. They only average about 3800.

Think how much all those extra seats will cost, too.

You cannot accuse Rotherham of not forward planning.

It might be 3,800, but it was only 3,600 last season.

So at that rate it will only take 60 years to fill it week in week out.

Yes, but you seem to think he would have taken his Oldham team up the next season. Tranmere would say otherwise.

Tranmere say a lot of things...I know who they'd rather were in charge now...and yes, if Shez could do what he did with Ronnies team, I'm sure we would've been very close, if not there. So as I said...massive turning point for us!

Were you complaining after Shez' first season in charge?

No...but I had some concerns...they're all well documented on here (ala The Easter Surrender and the Crewe-Roque-formation :censored: up) but was happy for him to embark on building his own team over the next year or two (happy to a point as I didn't agree with a couple of players he let go and one he staked his whole time on chasing from Brum). The final straw was when he systematically took apart his assembled teams with useless loanee after loanee (for a 2nd season running) that the writing was correctly on the wall in his 3rd season.

Edited by boundaryblue80

A thread about Ronnie and Rotherham gets turned towards the size of a stadium that's being proposed. How the hell did that happen? :huh:

"one post, you've only got one post, you've only got..........."

You have to applaud the ambition Rotherham have shown in throwing big bucks around on a stadium and expensive signings despite having ambitiously gone bankrupt twice in the past couple of seasons.

You have to applaud the ambition Rotherham have shown in throwing big bucks around on a stadium and expensive signings despite having ambitiously gone bankrupt twice in the past couple of seasons.

Entirely beside the point. Thenpoint is that, for whatever reason, looking to the future, an historically smaller club than Latics, in a smaller town, thinks it requires a larger stadium than the one Latics are proposing.

Entirely beside the point. Thenpoint is that, for whatever reason, looking to the future, an historically smaller club than Latics, in a smaller town, thinks it requires a larger stadium than the one Latics are proposing.

So, because Rotherham think that it must be right?

So, because Rotherham think that it must be right?

Where does right or wrong come into it? As I've said, they're apparently intending to build a 15000 stadium because they are intending to fill it from time to time. (Note this-from time to time: most clubs do not fill their stadiums to capacity every week.) Whether they succeed in this is another matter.

I'm merely pointing out that Latics, an historically bigger club than Rotherham, in a larger town, are intending to build a considerably smaller ground.

You can't just pick certain little facts from different clubs to back your ambition argument.

The fact Rotherham are looking to build a 15k stadium might well be a relevant comparison. But in doing so, you cannot simply discard the awkward truth that Rotherham's "ambition" has seen them go into administration twice in the past few seasons.

Where does right or wrong come into it? As I've said, they're apparently intending to build a 15000 stadium because they are intending to fill it from time to time. (Note this-from time to time: most clubs do not fill their stadiums to capacity every week.) Whether they succeed in this is another matter.

I'm merely pointing out that Latics, an historically bigger club than Rotherham, in a larger town, are intending to build a considerably smaller ground.

Don't be disingenous. You weren't making the point merely to meet the information needs of OWTB members.

Good luck to Rotherham. I hope their sums add up better than they have in the past when they've been on their uppers on more than one occasion.

bloody hell give it a friggin rest corp will ya....this is about ronnie moore going back to rotherham as there new manager since the ginger tosser left them.....and your still beating your one song drum about bleeding attendance figures and who can or cant build a bigger ground than us....

your pathetic and laughable now.

Don't be disingenous. You weren't making the point merely to meet the information needs of OWTB members.

Good luck to Rotherham. I hope their sums add up better than they have in the past when they've been on their uppers on more than one occasion.

What are you on about?

And it hardly falls to supporters of this club to lecture others about being on their uppers. Does it?

bloody hell give it a friggin rest corp will ya....this is about ronnie moore going back to rotherham as there new manager since the ginger tosser left them.....and your still beating your one song drum about bleeding attendance figures and who can or cant build a bigger ground than us....

your pathetic and laughable now.

Laugh away. If people don't want to see why it's relevant, I can't help it. Do you live compartmentalised lives where nothing touches on anything else?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Laugh away. If people don't want to see why it's relevant, I can't help it. Do you live compartmentalised lives where nothing touches on anything else?

people do see its relevance..but on a more suitable thread or topic,specifically designed for the ground etc etc......you just constantly hijack threads with your inane drivel,i have purposly stayed off this website over the last 2 weeks as im getting fed up with it and its irrelivance to topics....first time i come back on and start reading things and your still here still banging the same monotone tune on topics that shouldnt have anything to do with your views on it....

if you want a serious debate on it then start a new thread about it,but leave everybody else's alone.

people do see its relevance..but on a more suitable thread or topic,specifically designed for the ground etc etc......you just constantly hijack threads with your inane drivel,i have purposly stayed off this website over the last 2 weeks as im getting fed up with it and its irrelivance to topics....first time i come back on and start reading things and your still here still banging the same monotone tune on topics that shouldnt have anything to do with your views on it....

if you want a serious debate on it then start a new thread about it,but leave everybody else's alone.

I'm not on99% of threads banging on about anything. Ignore me, if I bother you that much.

I'm not on99% of threads banging on about anything. Ignore me, if I bother you that much.

I bet 99% of you 3324 posts are about the same subject.....

No matter how many times you go on about it or how many threads you kill the stadium is being built and it looks like it will be 12000 like it or not.... We have heard your reasons of displeasure now over and over... Why dont you leave it and come back in 2 or 3 years time and tell everybody you told us so?

I bet 99% of you 3324 posts are about the same subject.....

No matter how many times you go on about it or how many threads you kill the stadium is being built and it looks like it will be 12000 like it or not.... We have heard your reasons of displeasure now over and over... Why dont you leave it and come back in 2 or 3 years time and tell everybody you told us so?

Why does it bother you what I say when, as I've just pointed out, I'm not even on 99% of threads. Why not go and read them and put me on ignore?