Ronniesaurus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linky Dooo...

You know what... good luck to him. To be honest, he was screwed over to a certain extent by us, and was utterly shafted by the bindippers. Hope going back again proves a success for him.

Bet he is laughing his sodding head off at the situation at Prenton Dump.

And although not his greatest fan (a very understated statement!)......He's prob piddling his chops at our current position!! Though false of course!!!! :wink:

I don't particularly like RM for the things he's said since leaving (and as a manager for how his Latics teams played), though he should have been given another year with us and with the Dippers...and his Tranmere side were IMO the best side I saw at BP last season.

That said, if there's one thing you'd have thought he'd learned from that game, it was that being a hero and going back to your old club doesn't often work out...I'm surprised he's gone back. The right job would have come along for him soon (probably the Tranmere one :wink:).

Totally shafted by us. Not the worst manager we've had by a long way. Good luck to him.

Agreed....oh for that 2nd season, instead of Shez in charge of his team...

Just hope it's Tranmere they swap leagues with in 8 months time!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Linky Dooo...

You know what... good luck to him. To be honest, he was screwed over to a certain extent by us, and was utterly shafted by the bindippers. Hope going back again proves a success for him.

Bet he is laughing his sodding head off at the situation at Prenton Dump.

Agree totally. Although his style of football wasn't good, I think he would have got us up and was wrongfully sacked. All the best to him.

Were you complaining after Shez' first season in charge?

I don't think Ronnie's sacking was called for performance wise, we were still building from that relegation-esque team we had...but when Ronnie led us into the top 6 then blew it all away on that home match against bottom of the league MkDons when we were 1-0 up, that left a bitter taste in a lot of fans mouths. Still, we move on and I think Penney will do a job with us given time.

There were some Tranmere fans who didn't want Ronnie back, but I think the majority of us would have been delighted if Peter Johnson had accepted he made a major blunder, got rid of Barnes & McAteer, and re-instated Moore as manager.

After our near-miss on making the play-offs last year, I guess nobody would have predicted the events of the summer and our current predicament, but that's football!

Most lower division football clubs exist in volatile conditions now though, so who knows what other dramas are yet to unfold at Prenton Park or Boundary Park.

Just on your gaff, is it cut and dry you are moving to Failsworth, or is there still a chance you will remain where you are, or at least move somewhere acceptably close to the town? Shame if you do have to move there, as although still technically in your metropolitan borough, it seems very close to the City itself, and could compromise your identity over time. For our part, there are rumblings of a move away from Prenton Park, but at least the River Mersey provides a clear and unambiguous "boundary" between Wirral & Liverpool.

Back to Ronnie Moore - good luck to him I say - hope it works out for him at Rotherham (oh, and just to amuse you, someone on our message board wildly speculated that our chairman could enlist the help of Joe Royle to help get us out of our mess). :shock:

There were some Tranmere fans who didn't want Ronnie back, but I think the majority of us would have been delighted if Peter Johnson had accepted he made a major blunder, got rid of Barnes & McAteer, and re-instated Moore as manager.

After our near-miss on making the play-offs last year, I guess nobody would have predicted the events of the summer and our current predicament, but that's football!

Most lower division football clubs exist in volatile conditions now though, so who knows what other dramas are yet to unfold at Prenton Park or Boundary Park.

Just on your gaff, is it cut and dry you are moving to Failsworth, or is there still a chance you will remain where you are, or at least move somewhere acceptably close to the town? Shame if you do have to move there, as although still technically in your metropolitan borough, it seems very close to the City itself, and could compromise your identity over time. For our part, there are rumblings of a move away from Prenton Park, but at least the River Mersey provides a clear and unambiguous "boundary" between Wirral & Liverpool.

Back to Ronnie Moore - good luck to him I say - hope it works out for him at Rotherham (oh, and just to amuse you, someone on our message board wildly speculated that our chairman could enlist the help of Joe Royle to help get us out of our mess). :shock:

Probably the most sensible, eloquent posting from a Tranny.....anywhere.....ever!

Good post - That last statement though, could open a can of critical worms from some of our fellow users though :grin:

Isn't it funny how we always think it's just OUR own teams though that make silly decisions.

dont particularly like him mainly because of the way we played under him and the whole tranmere thing but i honestly hopes he does well there very harshly treated by tranmere and arguebly same when he was here. rotherham seem to have got themselves out of financial trouble now and got there club sorted so maybe they deserve a bit of success now and (from the perspective) who better to bring it than a club legend