Dear Father Christmas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spyrograph, clearly the worlds most useless gift.

Oh and that spell thing with the electronic voice....

Speak and spell?

10422_258666700789_533765789_8835895_3866070_n.jpg

Funny you should mention these, as a few weeks ago in Cornwall I walked past an innocent toy shop, looked like nothing spectacular....

That was until i went inside, they have a museum dedicated to all things 70's and 80's..

It was awesome.

10422_258666585789_533765789_8835879_1615493_n.jpg

10422_258666600789_533765789_8835881_7389054_n.jpg

10422_258666635789_533765789_8835886_6246994_n.jpg

10422_258666640789_533765789_8835887_7980416_n.jpg

10422_258666665789_533765789_8835891_4051641_n.jpg

10422_258666685789_533765789_8835893_126421_n.jpg

10422_258666690789_533765789_8835894_5292221_n.jpg

10422_258666755789_533765789_8835903_6865310_n.jpg

10422_258666820789_533765789_8835910_6946602_n.jpg

The AT-AT's are cool, I never had one though. I bought one for my lad last christmas.

I had a Merlin that was played to death.

BigTrak was useless...

Got the Millenium Falcon one year, was chuffed with that! Speeder Bike's were good 'cos they 'blew up' when you pressed the button on the back!

The Falcon was huge. I was never bought any of the big Star Wars toys, I had figures and that. I've got a Boba Fett that's worth a few quid to be honest.

I had one of those Atari 2600's - at the time they were the dogs.

The Falcon was huge. I was never bought any of the big Star Wars toys, I had figures and that. I've got a Boba Fett that's worth a few quid to be honest.

I had one of those Atari 2600's - at the time they were the dogs.

Never had a games console until my younger siblings got a Mega Drive in the early 90s, by then I had discovered girls and wasn't interested games consoles! First one I owned was a PS1 in '99!

This might interest you tonight

The first episode on Sunday night was very good, watching a modern family cope with authentic 70s domestic life. Tonight they move onto the 80s and i'm sure us 30 somethings will be pining for a simpler time...

Never had a games console until my younger siblings got a Mega Drive in the early 90s, by then I had discovered girls and wasn't interested games consoles! First one I owned was a PS1 in '99!

This might interest you tonight

The first episode on Sunday night was very good, watching a modern family cope with authentic 70s domestic life. Tonight they move onto the 80s and i'm sure us 30 somethings will be pining for a simpler time...

This is a good micro-nostalgia site too...

Edited by oafcprozac

BigTrak was AWESOME...

I have changed it for you!

At the shop the guy said that only 5000 Bik Traks were released in the UK, i felt quite special, i also had the trailer for it.

I had the full Star Wars collection, even though i wasnt a fan, AT-AT, AT-ST, X-Wing, Mill Falcon, Jabba etc..

My biggest and best collection was Transformers though, me and my nephew had about 250 models between us, then i gave him mine, and my sister sold them on a jumble, bitch!

I also collected the MASK figures!

God i was a spoilt kid.

I have changed it for you!

At the shop the guy said that only 5000 Bik Traks were released in the UK, i felt quite special, i also had the trailer for it.

I had the full Star Wars collection, even though i wasnt a fan, AT-AT, AT-ST, X-Wing, Mill Falcon, Jabba etc..

My biggest and best collection was Transformers though, me and my nephew had about 250 models between us, then i gave him mine, and my sister sold them on a jumble, bitch!

I also collected the MASK figures!

God i was a spoilt kid.

Mask was great! Part of the genre of cartoons that were produced purely for the toy makers

He-Man

My Little Pony

Care Bears

Go-Bots

Transformers

Mask

Thundercats

Brave Starr

etc...

TV is :censored: now! FACT!

I didn't like any of those cartoons you've mentioned there! I liked Battle of the Planets and Pink Panther.

Big Star Wars fan, I still am today - it's a great story, and my eldest loves it too. So I'm living it all over again...

I didn't like any of those cartoons you've mentioned there! I liked Battle of the Planets and Pink Panther.

Big Star Wars fan, I still am today - it's a great story, and my eldest loves it too. So I'm living it all over again...

First two films were amazing and Empire Strikes Back is probably may favourite film. 'Jedi' imo was To Star Wars what Joel Schumacher was to 'Batman' - as for the prequel trilogy, they were ok but too reliant on effects. I'm looking forward to the 'Live Action' series. I was obsessed as a kid but then I got into Latics and that was that!

Spyrograph, clearly the worlds most useless gift.

Oh and that spell thing with the electronic voice....

Most useless?

I will see your spyrograph, and raise you a Fashion Wheel and a Girls World Styling Head

I had both - clearly they did not teach me how to do hair and make-up or how to dress.

Edited by maddog

loved kerrplunk - dual toy as then could play marbles too.

Lego - had the worlds biggest box, outlasted any toys me and my sisters had - in fact was used by their kids too

Broke buckaroo within a day - tut

caused many minor injuries playing twister

always got something arty like one of those foil scratch off art thingys or drawing stuff

got rollar skates but never couls skate - you know the adjustable metal ones but could skate board

Hey remember the arts an crafts shop on george st in Oldham at the back of oldham police station is now/back entrance to debs. in fact remember when it was at street period....

loved kerrplunk - dual toy as then could play marbles too.

Lego - had the worlds biggest box, outlasted any toys me and my sisters had - in fact was used by their kids too

Broke buckaroo within a day - tut

caused many minor injuries playing twister

always got something arty like one of those foil scratch off art thingys or drawing stuff

got rollar skates but never couls skate - you know the adjustable metal ones but could skate board

Hey remember the arts an crafts shop on george st in Oldham at the back of oldham police station is now/back entrance to debs. in fact remember when it was at street period....

I remember getting all my subutteo stuff from the toyshop that was in the row of shops by the Greaves...used to love it in there.

I was a big lego fan, especially all the castles stuff and the tech stuff - dad used to spend hours on christmas day/boxing day (apart from the match) helping assemble various structures.

Also remember playing 'Guess Who?' and knowing my sister was cheating...does he have a beard...is his name herman.

MASK - the mighty powers that can save the day.

Star Wars - still got my original Millenium Falcon from 1980-ish and the figures

I'll throw Dogtanian into the mix!

I remember getting all my subutteo stuff from the toyshop that was in the row of shops by the Greaves...used to love it in there.

I was a big lego fan, especially all the castles stuff and the tech stuff - dad used to spend hours on christmas day/boxing day (apart from the match) helping assemble various structures.

Also remember playing 'Guess Who?' and knowing my sister was cheating...does he have a beard...is his name herman.

MASK - the mighty powers that can save the day.

Star Wars - still got my original Millenium Falcon from 1980-ish and the figures

I'll throw Dogtanian into the mix!

yep I remember that shop too on chuch terrace near the war memorial - its now a cafe/coffee shop