Colbeck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what a "mate" is in this context Stitch.

Players he's known and worked with like Purdie & Abbott?

Anyway, I can't think of many Latics managers who haven't signed those they played with or managed previously.

Pete, can't you see that DP is just signing his drinking buddies?

For example, a reliable sauce tells me that Purdie isn't even injured, he just has an agreement with Penney whereby he doesn't have to do anything in return for splitting his wage with Penney's kids. :ranting:

In my opinion, Liddell, Allott and Hughes should be re-signed where as Abbott, Colbeck and Purdie should :censored: off and be the managers mate elsewhere.

dont apologise , anyway I might be wrong he might genuinely feel Penney is signing his mates.

For example, a reliable sauce tells me that Purdie isn't even injured, he just has an agreement with Penney whereby he doesn't have to do anything in return for splitting his wage with Penney's kids. :ranting:

In my opinion, Liddell, Allott and Hughes should be re-signed where as Abbott, Colbeck and Purdie should :censored: off and be the managers mate elsewhere.

I think Stitch has provided some clarification,if ever it were needed, in this regard.

:whoosh:

I should have stuck to my original hunch , you never saw Columbo doubting himself :detectivegm0:

Time for young Joe to step up to the plate, he's done ok defensively but we need to see evidence of what provision he can give going forward as our only wide outlet. The young Hungarian looked decent vs United reserves and could be an option at least as sub. As for Colbeck the jury is definitely out at the moment. Having saud that the Bury fans were equally critical of Porter, and in his fleeting appearances in his first year I mostly agreed...if he's still as anonymous when we have an on form 'flying' Taylor on the opposite flank then, then I will be worried!

firstly, imo. I couldnt give a monkeys if he signed his gran. As long as they can score goals, save pens and do the biz, which they seem to be heading,then i cant see any room for complaints.

Secondly......

Is that HP or daddies. :laught16: :laught16:

Colbeck should have looked good - Brighton had a kid at left-back who was playing out of position. So Colbeck was given lots of time and space. And what did he do with it? Nothing. He put in a string of crosses, not one of which was any good. And even on a day like that, his lack of pace was noticeable. The sooner Smalley gets fit, the better.

Colbeck should have looked good - Brighton had a kid at left-back who was playing out of position. So Colbeck was given lots of time and space. And what did he do with it? Nothing. He put in a string of crosses, not one of which was any good. And even on a day like that, his lack of pace was noticeable. The sooner Smalley gets fit, the better.

yeah but with all due respect Smalley runs with the ball then he over-runs it and rarely gets in a cross, same with Taylor who constantly cuts inside and loses it. Oh for a Tommy Wright, Tricky Ricky or Eyresy...

if he's still as anonymous when we have an on form 'flying' Taylor on the opposite flank then, then I will be worried!

The sooner Smalley gets fit, the better.

Exactly. Colbeck aint gonna be any where near the team when Tayls and Smalley are back on pomp. Throw in Purdie and you have Colbeck very far down the pecking order. It is a questionable signing, however he may come good in the future, and tbh, we need the bodies at the moment.

yeah but with all due respect Smalley runs with the ball then he over-runs it and rarely gets in a cross, same with Taylor who constantly cuts inside and loses it. Oh for a Tommy Wright, Tricky Ricky or Eyresy...

Ah the old smalley debate. I'll say it again, Smalley our most effective attacking player at the end of last season and we have seriously missed him this season. he sooner he is back in our lineup the better... i'd rather have him on the pitch than any other of our 'attacking' players, except PawAb of course :wink:

Ah the old smalley debate. I'll say it again, Smalley our most effective attacking player at the end of last season and we have seriously missed him this season. he sooner he is back in our lineup the better... i'd rather have him on the pitch than any other of our 'attacking' players, except PawAb of course :wink:

Not me, I'd have a fit taylor every day of the week. Smalley looks good, but there are two problems. Firstly he runs out of steam after about fortyfive minutes. Secondly, you can kick him out of the game.

Colbeck hasn't really performed much off what I've seen. He's quick and slow in the same run and just runs into players. We'll put it down to early nerves rather than out of his depth at the moment.

firstly, imo. I couldnt give a monkeys if he signed his gran. As long as they can score goals, save pens and do the biz, which they seem to be heading,then i cant see any room for complaints.

Secondly......

Is that HP or daddies. :laught16: :laught16:

Always the former, newbie. :sauce:

^_^

Not me, I'd have a fit taylor every day of the week. Smalley looks good, but there are two problems. Firstly he runs out of steam after about fortyfive minutes. Secondly, you can kick him out of the game.

You are using that as an areguement for taylor! :lol:

I totally disagree, this preconception that Smalley is a ponce stems from that game about 2 years ago when he bottled a 50/50 where he could have scored (Crewe maybe)... since then he has really changed his game and got stronger, as all young kids do... well, except taylor, who seems to be getting worse. Smalley is also probably our best attacking header of the a ball... he is rapid, plus he has a hell of a shot on him. For me, he is the natural player to go up-front with Paw, however, he is needed out wide at the moment....

Anyway... no worries, I'll stand on my own in my gang of 1 who say "Smalley is Better than taylor" ...

I'll prove you all wrong yet :wink:

Thought he had his best game us today, controlled the ball much better, made much more forward runs down the wing, final product still needs working on, but much better from him.

Just watched the Brighton highlights , he looked abit more of a threat from the highlights how was he for the whole game?