Nicky Weaver

Sorry, just had a flashback. It is season-long but we have the option to recall him in January.

I hope we do, just because I want some competition and the fact Greg still has 18 months on his deal left...Josh looked ok in the ressies the other night including one outstanding one handed save he pushed wide when he looked beaten - whether he's ready to play in the first team I don't know. Brill has bounced back from one dodgy spell, can he do it again. Although if i'm honest, two dodgy spells in the first 13 games is a worry. If we have to limp along with him blowing hot and cold until January, I can live with that as long as Greg coming back has the desired effect.

I hope we do, just because I want some competition and the fact Greg still has 18 months on his deal left...Josh looked ok in the ressies the other night including one outstanding one handed save he pushed wide when he looked beaten - whether he's ready to play in the first team I don't know. Brill has bounced back from one dodgy spell, can he do it again. Although if i'm honest, two dodgy spells in the first 13 games is a worry. If we have to limp along with him blowing hot and cold until January, I can live with that as long as Greg coming back has the desired effect.

I think Fleming's far from the finished article but you can see potential in him. On what we've got to compare them on, Fleming's better than Brill and so should be recall come January.

But lets have it right though, if your first choice keeper is dropping clangers and keeping his place, then the current 2nd choice keeper cant be all that (or in Josh's case, not ready for first team football). Bring back fleming and you have a keeper competing against brill who is easilly capable of dislodging brill as first choice keeper.

Can only be a good thing

Or

1st choice keper is a bit dodgy at times.

2nd chocie keeper jas upped sticks andmay well not want to come back nad be mentally not right if he came back

3rd choice is too young and not ready.

I blame Fleming, his curve ball got us intot his mess.

But I hope he comes back proves it was not homesickness and plays a blinder all season.

Maybe i'm still on the wrong fella then, Seem to remember a blonde lad who played a few games......but hey your mind plays tricks on you at my age :lol:

Howarth played v Swansea, at Millwall then got injured - he was replaced by David Knight on loan from 'Boro who was harshly sent off v Carlisle.

Howarth played v Swansea, at Millwall then got injured - he was replaced by David Knight on loan from 'Boro who was harshly sent off v Carlisle.

Maybe that was the guy, he seemed quite capable whoever he was. I was sorry we could never keep lee grant, i thought he was top notch.

Gerard Doherty of Derry City might be available - the League of Ireland season finishes next month and Derry are a financial mess with players not being paid etc.

Before people do the whole 'Mickey Mouse league' responses, I tried to phone John Sheridan in recent years about Pat McCourt and Niall McGinn. I was told he wouldn't be interested and the 2 are now key members of the Celtic first team squad wih the latter now a starter for Northern Ireland as well.

I've been a goalkeeper myself and rate Gerard Doherty highly - he's small for a keeper but is very commanding/confident, has very safe hands and is an excellent shot stopper. He's better than Dean Brill comfortably from what i've seen.

I'd have suggested Brian Murphy of Bohemians who was actually on loan at Oldham almost 10 years ago when he was on Man City's books. However, Murphy will be moving to Ipswich when our season ends. I reckon he'll be in the Ireland squad within 12 months.

Maybe i'm still on the wrong fella then, Seem to remember a blonde lad who played a few games......but hey your mind plays tricks on you at my age :lol:

Craig Mawson was blonde, played under Talbot for a few games whilst pogs was injured (looked a bit like Steve Mildenhall)

FFS we really have struggled with keepers since Gary Kelly left!

Keepers since 2002 involved with the 1st team...

Pogs

Miskelly

Adam Collin

Westwood

Mawson

Mildenhall

Murphy

Day

Poke

Cronin

Grant

Pogs (2nd Spell)

Howarth

Smith T

Smith R

Knight

Legdzins

Blayney

Crossley

Beresford

O'Donnell

Fleming

Budtz

Supple

Bell

Ollerenshaw

Brill

27 keepers since 2002!!!!!!!!! And i'm sure there's a couple i've forgotten! (there was the lad we signed on loan that got Hardy suspended!)