FA Cup Draw - At home to Leeds

I'd forgotten Leeds were once in the Prem.

Main headline on the FA Website is Oldham v Leeds FA Cup draw.

:grin: yeah they should mention it more often....

main headline on Sky is Paulton Rovers, main headline on ITV teletext is us, so i'm guessing it'll be on itv. It'll be sod's law that the one time we play Leeds on a Saturday is the one weekend i can't go. Any chance of it being on the Monday?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good draw. Just hope we can have the small section of the R.R.E given the fact that we could easily get alot of stayaways turning up for it.

I don't care how we do it, getting to the 3rd Round is imperative to this club, and the TTA know it as they like to mention it enough. It's not a brilliant draw in my opinion. Away, perhaps, Away and on TV - yeah, good draw. How much would we make out of a TV appearance anyway?

Secondly, I hope Leeds get the whole stand because the police will ve very busy, and the amount of tossers who will be in the small section isn't worth the bother. However, give Utd the whole stand and we lose the atmosphere.

I don't care how we do it, getting to the 3rd Round is imperative to this club, and the TTA know it as they like to mention it enough. It's not a brilliant draw in my opinion. Away, perhaps, Away and on TV - yeah, good draw. How much would we make out of a TV appearance anyway?

Secondly, I hope Leeds get the whole stand because the police will ve very busy, and the amount of tossers who will be in the small section isn't worth the bother. However, give Utd the whole stand and we lose the atmosphere.

I'm not so sure if we will loose the atmosphere- if Leeds fill the stand then yes i think we will loose some of our home advantage but correct me if I'm wrong haven't Leeds struggled to bring more than 3000 fans with them for the League (the stand holds 4500) due to some membership scheme that Papa Smurf has introduced and I'm not so sure that will change just because its the cup- especially if its on TV.

I'm not so sure if we will loose the atmosphere- if Leeds fill the stand then yes i think we will loose some of our home advantage but correct me if I'm wrong haven't Leeds struggled to bring more than 3000 fans with them for the League (the stand holds 4500) due to some membership scheme that Papa Smurf has introduced and I'm not so sure that will change just because its the cup- especially if its on TV.

But everytime we've played them its been a night match. I think if this draw is sat or sun they will bring more than 3000.

around £100k for a cup match

When they did us 1-0 they had about 3,500+ which means they overflowed into the small section. That was a night game. If this is a afternoon kick-off, I'd expect 4,000+, though the TV issue is a good point. It tends to hinder our own support.

£100,000 would do very nicely, especially for a 1st Round game. I fancy our chances.

ITV will screen FA Cup matches but who, if anyone bought the rights to screen the FA Cup matches after the 3 year deal secured by the FA via Setanta disappeared along with the said channel?.

Nobody, yet.

Hopefully there will be an announement this week, otherwise last seasons bumper FA Cup prize fund will be a one-off.

You get asked your favourite ground every so often. You get the usual responses 'City', 'United', 'Wembley', 'Tottnum'. But it is easily York City. Best ground in the world by a million miles.

Bootham Crescent will always live in my memory for the incident where a random bloke took a 30 yard run up to throw a massive right hook at my mate’s jaw as he stood there completely unwitting. The irony was that my mate wasn’t even meant to know we were going -another lad was taking his baby brother to the match, England vs Wales U-15s and didn’t want his brother to meet this lad, on account of him being the most depraved human being on the planet. He found out and begged and swore to be on his best behaviour...

As it happens I am in York for my Official Birthday session that day so it would have suited reasonably well...