Dean Furman's performances so far.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. How does Dean Furman rate?

• Better than Richie Wellens
    • Better than Neil Kilkenny
    • Better than Gary McDonald
    • Better than Richard Butcher
    • Get David Lee back!

So I assume we are assuming that Wellens was better the Killer?

Defensively he's sound, but I thought we were getting a ball player, instead we've got a crab-like holding type player that rarely ventures forward. So far I have to say I'm disappointed with him and rather unimpressed. :censored:'s been our best midfielder this season

Yeah, I've based the poll options on the majority opinion that Wellens > Killer > McDonald > Butcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Lee

Of course, where do I base this "majority opinion" from? I dunno, just what I've picked up from here and JKs over the years. And besides Killer isn't even a Leeds first teamer where as Wellens is a £1m championship first teamer for Leicester.

So obviously which ever option you pick you're saying Furman is better than players those below the option you've picked as well.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Yeah, I've based the poll options on the majority opinion that Wellens > Killer > McDonald > Butcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Lee

Of course, where do I base this "majority opinion" from. I dunno, just what I've picked up from here and JKs over the years. And besdies Killer isn't even a Leeds first teamer where as Wellens is a £1m championship first teamer for Leicester.

So obviously which ever option you pick you're saying Furman is better than players those below the option you've picked as well.

How many arrows is Phil Starbuck after David Lee? :grin:

Defensively he's sound, but I thought we were getting a ball player, instead we've got a crab-like holding type player that rarely ventures forward. So far I have to say I'm disappointed with him and rather unimpressed. :censored:'s been our best midfielder this season

Possibly his game has been limited by the injuries to our wide players? He can only play it to the people who are there and moving into positions for him.Definitely needs someone like an in form Whitaker or a GMac to be breaking ahead of him from what I've seen.

Have to agree with prozac, After all the hype i have to say i'm still to be convinced by him.

He was and still is.

Watched Wellens closely on Friday night v QPR, he was MOM no way out of his depth at Championship level- KK couldn't even catch for Brum at that level and is now a perennial sub in Division 3. Found out imo, for every good game he has he has 5 Danny Whitaker impressions.

Watched Wellens closely on Friday night v QPR, he was MOM no way out of his depth at Championship level- KK couldn't even catch for Brum at that level and is now a perennial sub in Division 3. Found out imo, for every good game he has he has 5 Danny Whitaker impressions.

Watched it myself and thought he did alright, certainly doesn't look out of place in the Championship and no wonder he always looked good at league 1 level.

To think some didn't rate him at Latics and even thought Whittaker a better player, words fail me.

I was surprised by all the hype that surrounded him during the summer he was being hailed as somekind of saviour when in reality he was and is a good midfielder with potential at 21 to get much better. I don't know if anyone remembers but in the summer I posted about us trying to sign younger hungrier players who were here to play first team football and most importantly get better. Not be superstars straight away but to have potential and show the desire to fulfill it here over 2 or 3 seasons. So far from what I have seen of furman he is that he has potential he puts himself about well in the tackle he moves the ball about well also but tends to keep it simple. He isn't as creative in his passing Wellens or even kilkenny for that matter but he has time on his side to add that to his game.

Edited by GlossopLatic

To think some didn't rate him at Latics and even thought Whittaker a better player, words fail me.

Danny made a cracking start to last season. Creating goals, turning games and scoring a couple of decent efforts too.

Didn't realise he'd go :censored:e when it got wet and cold!

(yeah, ok, I voted wrong in that poll)

Danny made a cracking start to last season. Creating goals, turning games and scoring a couple of decent efforts too.

Didn't realise he'd go :censored:e when it got wet and cold!

(yeah, ok, I voted wrong in that poll)

It is still a surprise to me how decent he looked in those first half dozen or so matches to how average he looks now. :huh:

It is still a surprise to me how decent he looked in those first half dozen or so matches to how average he looks now. :huh:

Not surprised me one bit.

A poor player (Whitaker) at this level and only an average one at the division below, due to his 'lack of influence' in so many games. Obviously has some talent, but far more is needed and he certainly won't get any better than what you see now - apart from maybe the odd 10minutes or so here and there.

As for Furman, with his limited experience, he is not going to peak yet for a number of years, but potentially has it in him to be a very good player at this level and the one above if he continues to develop as he should.

People really shouldn't hype him to be our 'wellens type of player - he is very different to Wellens and let's face it anyway, there were many Oldham fans whom didn't rate Wellens and said 'he never did enough' and 'went missing'!!!! What chance has Furman got with that lot??

Edited by futchers briefs