Fleming recall?

Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Fleming recall  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should Greg Fleming be recalled (if we are allowed)?

• Definitely, shouldn't have gone out on loan in the first place
    • I agreed with the decision to loan him out initially, but we should recall him in January in light of the fact we only have Brill as a first team keeper
    • No don't recall Fleming, but bring in another keeper as first choice
    • No, there's no need to recall Fleming, we should stick with Brill.

Do we have the option to recall Fleming in January?

If so, should he be recalled?

I'm definitely of the opinion that we should bring him back, he didn't look bad by any means last season, although he gave away a few penalties. I was quite happy with having two young keepers with first team experience fighting for the first team, until he was shipped out.

I'm also of the opinion that Brill isn't a bad keeper as people make him out to be, but would definitely benefit from having real competition for first place.

Also, please don't turn this into a Brill hate thread, there's enough threads for that.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I don't think the decision to loan was Penney's to make.

Fleming was either homesick, his nose put out of joint that we signed Brill, or some internal matter.

So in all cases of that nature it was right to loan him out, and he has not ripped up trees in Scotland.

I don't think the decision was made purely becasue we signed Brill Fleming must go out on loan.

So my own conclusion is that it is right to sign someone else in Jan. The patience and work now might pay off.

Yet another thread that proves an alarming number of football fans seem to think this is some kind of huge game of Football Manager 2009.

Fleming was homesick and WANTED to move back north. The only way he might have plucked up the courage to stay and make a go of it would have been if he'd been given the No. 1 jersey and guaranteed to start. And that was never going to happen, especially seeing as he's not as good as Brill.

Yet another thread that proves an alarming number of football fans seem to think this is some kind of huge game of Football Manager 2009.

Fleming was homesick and WANTED to move back north. The only way he might have plucked up the courage to stay and make a go of it would have been if he'd been given the No. 1 jersey and guaranteed to start. And that was never going to happen, especially seeing as he's not as good as Brill.

'especially seeing as he's not as good as Brill'.

You've got to be joking!!!!

Personally don't want either of them.

I think Brill is incompetent, he can't line up a wall at a free kick, doesn't ever command his area, doesn't catch the ball very well (as you will see if you watch him warming up), the defence have absolutely no confidence in him.

Fleming was also far from good, giving away many a penalty when rashly charging out and bringing strikers down and getting sent off in the process.

I really would look to bring in someone new and not in January, NOW.

:sauce: ?

Think you are in the minority there. Brill is a liability; I cannot think of a worse regular Number 1 than Brill in 20 years of watching the tics.

Regular #1's in the last 20 years - criteria? At least half a season...

Goram

Gorton

Rhodes

Hallworth

Gerrard

Kelly

Pogs

Day

Crossley

All better than Brill

Those that just miss out in terms of games played

Pollitt

Grant

Rachubka

Fleming

Fleming apart all better than Brill

Then there's countless others that have played briefly

Litchfield

Dubose

Keeley

Key

Walsh

Miskelly

Goram

Mawson

Cronin

Howarth

Knight

Smith T

Smith R

Blayney

Beresford

O'Donnell

Supple

Budtz

As bad as or worse than Brill are those in bold imo. And yes Miskelly was a better keeper, he dropped the odd infrequent bollock but made some outstanding saves that won us points rather than things hitting him!

Regular #1's in the last 20 years - criteria? At least half a season...

Rhodes

Hallworth

Gerrard

Wow! How times change, from signing Andy Rhodes in March 1988 to signing Gary Kelly in September 1996, we had only 3 regular keepers (the odd emergency loanee apart)

Is that a quote from you or Hitler? He thought he was right as well but most people realised he was a tool.

:lol:

Ah yes, straioght from the Barry Owen book of debate, ever thought of joining the Trust? :wink::grin:

All I'm saying is Fleming is no better then Brill and suddenly I'm Hitler! :unsure:

Anyway, as any trainee dictator worth his salt, I've already joined the Trust. Twice. They're still not fecking organised enough to send me a membership card though. :blink:

Deadly serious.

It's the Brill lynch mob that are the f*cking joke.

:blind: You must be joking mate do you watch the same games we have been watching where he has messed up or do you blame a gregan or a rubes for it??

Bring flemming back or somebody in even if its to keep brill on his toes.

All I'm saying is Fleming is no better then Brill and suddenly I'm Hitler! :unsure:

Anyway, as any trainee dictator worth his salt, I've already joined the Trust. Twice. They're still not fecking organised enough to send me a membership card though. :blink:

That we agree on, we need experience not two guys who have been haunted by relegation throughout their oh so short careers...

Deadly serious.

It's the Brill lynch mob that are the f*cking joke.

No mate, its his inability to stand BETWEEN the stick on free kicks. I am certainly not a member of any lynch mob, just sick of seeing the same error. He is conference level at best simple as! Should have stayed with Luton as he would have found his level! Still not made my mind up about Fleming but Brill worst I have seen in a Latics shirt.

Fleming was also far from good, giving away many a penalty when rashly charging out and bringing strikers down and getting sent off in the process.

What?? Rashly charging out? I take it you mean the Leicester match, where after a really, really poor backpass from Maher put him right in the :censored:e, meaning he had no alternative. What could he have done, stayed on his line and let Fryatt fire it past him?

Or did you mean the Peterborough away match, where a perfectly weighted dink over our static defence left McLean clear on goal. And he got a hand to it, leaving the ref to bottle sending him off but yet give a penalty.

From what I've seen of both, I'd much rather Fleming in goal than Brill. Our faults last season were down to a bad midfield, various defensive howlers and not stopping crosses coming in. Fleming still has a lot to learn but he didn't let many easy goals in, unlike 'not so'.

I agree with Garcon though. The pathetic lynch mob just don't understand how much they can affect a keeper's confidence.

What?? Rashly charging out? I take it you mean the Leicester match, where after a really, really poor backpass from Maher put him right in the :censored:e, meaning he had no alternative. What could he have done, stayed on his line and let Fryatt fire it past him?

Or did you mean the Peterborough away match, where a perfectly weighted dink over our static defence left McLean clear on goal. And he got a hand to it, leaving the ref to bottle sending him off but yet give a penalty.

From what I've seen of both, I'd much rather Fleming in goal than Brill. Our faults last season were down to a bad midfield, various defensive howlers and not stopping crosses coming in. Fleming still has a lot to learn but he didn't let many easy goals in, unlike 'not so'.

I agree with Garcon though. The pathetic lynch mob just don't understand how much they can affect a keeper's confidence.

I thought I recalled more than 2 penalties given away :unsure: , anyway I just wasn't filled with confidence in Fleming, I just dont think his decision making was great.

effect his confidence,he never had any to start with....

Oh, so jeering and ironic cheering will make it all better will it?

The way Brill is being treated by a section of the crowd is disgusting to say the least. The lad simply isn't up to the job and all the jeering in the world isn't going to alter that,or improve his game for that matter. Regarding Fleming, he's excellent at shot stopping and taking crosses,however he does have a problem IMO with his mad dashes from his line. It happened too often for comfort last season and according to comments made by Dunfirmline fans on their forum,is continuing. Still a better option though.......