Rugby not at boundary park next season

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rugby should try and sort out their differences with Ashton. It was brilliant when they played there. Not too farand a proper atmosphere not seen since they left Sheddings.

yeah true

they just need somewhere for a couple of years until Failsworth is built

From the Forum on 10th August:

A's: AH - Its been a lot longer than 6 weeks, dont believe everything you read in the press. The Rugby can be accomadated at Chadderton Football club as that ground has a capacity of 1500-2000 and that is more than enough for the Rugby's needs. AH stated he would be happier if the Rugby had their own stadium.

That stinks of lack of ambition for me, do the Roughyeds have no intention of getting back into Super League? A 1500 - 2000 seater stadium suggest the intention is merely survival at a lower level.

As a side note... Why did the RFL sell Watersheddings in the first place? Was it money problems or was it off the promise of a new stadium ?

a bit of both, when they went bust in 1997 under Jim Quinn they has about £2m debt

but where promised off the then council that if they leave Watersheddings to allow houses to be built a new ground WILL be built for them

That stinks of lack of ambition for me, do the Roughyeds have no intention of getting back into Super League? A 1500 - 2000 seater stadium suggest the intention is merely survival at a lower level.

It was never intended to be used for 1st team rugby it was bought for a training ground and academy rugby and a decent HQ for the club. To be honest i am not sure if the rugby do own it as Bill Quinn was purchasing the ground but with the demise of his company and then selling his shares back to hamilton i dont think the sale ever went through.

Edited by shaw_blue

Chaddy FC's ground is public property which means the ground is open to the public 24 hours a day which in turn leads to plenty of problems with the local chav's

Intersting that..... if the ground is public property like that I wonder how they get away with charging people to get in? Wouldn't people just be able to claim it was their legal right of way?

Maybe some people should be alerted to the fact that BP, as part of the deal when TTA bought the ground, must be used for sport for 10 years from the point of sale, hence BP won't be knocked down as soon as possible

Moving to a ground share doesn't necessarily have to be because BP is to be immediately demolished.

At least someone is in the land of reality...

Going by the record of the past two regimes at BP, I'm half expecting an announcement reassuring us that there are no plans to move to a temporary groundshare. To be followed some time later by the announcement that we are moving to a temporary ground share, but that there is no reason to worry etc etc.

At least Stott, Brierley et al were consistent in reminding us that all we had to look forward to was more sh1te. And JW Lees had the sense to promise us eff all.