Rugby not at boundary park next season

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much where they paying in rent ? Is it going to hurt ? or is it offset by ground maintenance ?

Dont know about the financial side, bored with the pitch argument i just support both the two professional teams in this town and it sad to see both of them having a slow painful death at the moment..

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the agreement between the RL club and Latics to play at BP barely covered the cost of opening the place, so I very much doubt this means a loss of income for us.

I always used to go with the pitch argument - i.e. playing rugby on it every other week ruined it for football. But this happens at so many grounds these days with very few apparent ill effects that I think it's time to accept that modern pitch technology can cope.

So, if Failsworth does happen I think it would be the perfect opportunity to try and rejunenate the rugby club by allowing them to make Failsworth their home also.

Great news for Latics (which I'm happy with) but bad news for the Roughyeds. The way they have been screwed over by the council since the demise of Watersheddings is scandalous.

I still think the solution is for the Council to sort the town out with a Rugby facility for both codes, that way the pitch arguement becomes irrelevent.

And just for the record, I do think it has spoiled the pitch in recent times, but it's nothing to do with the game of rugby, just the fact two teams are playing on it I have a problem with. I wouldn't want two football teams on there either.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the agreement between the RL club and Latics to play at BP barely covered the cost of opening the place, so I very much doubt this means a loss of income for us.

I always used to go with the pitch argument - i.e. playing rugby on it every other week ruined it for football. But this happens at so many grounds these days with very few apparent ill effects that I think it's time to accept that modern pitch technology can cope.

So, if Failsworth does happen I think it would be the perfect opportunity to try and rejunenate the rugby club by allowing them to make Failsworth their home also.

Considering the bolded bit I will go along with your second comment...

I posted on another thread, but you could be right I fear. I'm sure if an acceptable deal comes along for the land TTA will accept even if we have to vacate the land before a new stadium even has planning permission.

As predicated by some people at the start of TTA ownership of the club...

IF that happened we are going to have to find money for rent... Sounds like money in the fireplace a bit...

bad news for the Roughyeds, maybe a cost cutting measure by Hamilton now Quinn has gone

but it makes sence for them to move to a cheaper ground, more money to pay wages

im sure Corney will be on the phone to Hamilton when the Roughyeds get through to the later rounds of the Challenge cup to offer BP to him £££££££

Doesn't make sense this, but seeing as Corney was quoted as sounding out ground share options over the summer we should be very worried. Let's be honest if a company wants to buy the land and wants posession asap, maybe as soon as the close season. Don't forget there is already outline planning permission for all the site except the football ground. I don't think TTA will think twice, even if the Failsworth scheme is still up in the air, could we be the next Wimbledon, Charlton or Brighton?

Yet more questions that need answering, trouble is I just think TTA are full of piss and wind who constantly move the goalposts then blame anyone and everything else other than their own failings.

Edited by oafcprozac

just read the article and its Dave Penney who doesnt want the rugby playing on the pitch - football only

another blow for the most succesful team in the town, they will bounce back like always and one day take over latics as the most watched team in the 'town'

edit - forgot link

http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/121109.htm

Edited by creepy

just read the article and its Dave Penney who doesnt want the rugby playing on the pitch - football only

another blow for the most succesful team in the town, they will bounce back like always and one day take over latics as the most watched team in the 'town'

edit - forgot link

The rugby should try and sort out their differences with Ashton. It was brilliant when they played there. Not too farand a proper atmosphere not seen since they left Sheddings.

edit - forgot link

I thought the club agreed the rugby could play at BP ? Was that not one of the conditions of sale from the council?

Edited by oafc0000

bad news for the Roughyeds, maybe a cost cutting measure by Hamilton now Quinn has gone

but it makes sence for them to move to a cheaper ground, more money to pay wages

im sure Corney will be on the phone to Hamilton when the Roughyeds get through to the later rounds of the Challenge cup to offer BP to him £££££££

Fairly accurate..

sorry creepy didn't spot the link you had done..

Edited by shaw_blue

Slightly divergent point - one of the grass pitches at Failsworth will be the home pitches for the Dynamos, yes, so that will have some sort of supporters facilities? Perhaps it could have a cheapo unambitious 1000 seater lego stand and host them, the Rugby and the stiffs/yoof?

From the Forum on 10th August:

Rugby

Q's: Can the Rugby use the new stadium?

A's: MU - I believe the Rugby are in consultation with Chadderton FC

Q's: Why has it taken so long for the Rugby to sort anything but OAFC have been fast tracked, Rugby have been discussing since February, OAFC have been for 6 weeks.

A's: AH - Its been a lot longer than 6 weeks, dont believe everything you read in the press. The Rugby can be accomadated at Chadderton Football club as that ground has a capacity of 1500-2000 and that is more than enough for the Rugby's needs. AH stated he would be happier if the Rugby had their own stadium.