Rugby not at boundary park next season

Did you apply the same logic to Moores by any chance DS?

All the people who bought season tickets in good faith applied that logic. TTA honoured those ST sales even though Moore had the money. Are you saying you think TTA will do a Chris Moore?

From the Forum on 10th August:

Q's: What if the new stadium does not happen, would TTA leave the club in administration?

A's: SC - We would not leave the club in administration, we would work the budgets down so that the club can be self-sufficient with the level of income it is attracting. If that means working on an attendance of 3000, the club may get relegated but we cannot afford to continue subsidising the club to the tune of £40k per month.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the people who bought season tickets in good faith applied that logic. TTA honoured those ST sales even though Moore had the money.

I bought a season ticket... I did not apply that logic... I was in fact on here all along (well jklatics and official board) before things blew up saying how :censored: scary everything was...

Are you saying you think TTA will do a Chris Moore?

Different set of circumstances... Do I think Latics is there number one concern, no I dont...

Do I hope they are good to all there promises...yes...

Edited by oafc0000

Going by the record of the past two regimes at BP, I'm half expecting an announcement reassuring us that there are no plans to move to a temporary groundshare. To be followed some time later by the announcement that we are moving to a temporary ground share, but that there is no reason to worry etc etc.

At least Stott, Brierley et al were consistent in reminding us that all we had to look forward to was more sh1te. And JW Lees had the sense to promise us eff all.

It's certainly wiser not to make promises, but when promises have been made I prefer to accept them at face value until broken. Then I'll be the first to criticise those who've broken them. Meanwhile I wait patiently.

All the people who bought season tickets in good faith applied that logic. TTA honoured those ST sales even though Moore had the money. Are you saying you think TTA will do a Chris Moore?

From the Forum on 10th August:

Yes they honoured the season tickets Diego, but if you remember exactly what happened at the time was that it was far from cut and dried that the tickets would be honoured. The new regime looked into the detailed legalities of making the tickets null and void but realised it would be open to challenge. I vividly remember the postings on JK from those close to the club.

Yes they honoured the season tickets Diego, but if you remember exactly what happened at the time was that it was far from cut and dried that the tickets would be honoured. The new regime looked into the detailed legalities of making the tickets null and void but realised it would be open to challenge. I vividly remember the postings on JK from those close to the club.

I remember us all worrying for a good while...

It's certainly wiser not to make promises, but when promises have been made I prefer to accept them at face value until broken. Then I'll be the first to criticise those who've broken them. Meanwhile I wait patiently.

Yes-we've been waiting patiently for fifteen years. It's left a majority of the hardcore so desperate and addled that they're ecstatically cheering on the irreversible downscaling of the club.

Yes-we've been waiting patiently for fifteen years. It's left a majority of the hardcore so desperate and addled that they're ecstatically cheering on the irreversible downscaling of the club.

The people who have voted with their feet are the ones who have downscaled the club, we are now left with a choice of a downscaled (as you put it) Oldham Athletic or no Oldham Athletic. I'm not cheering about it one little bit it's :censored:

I remember us all worrying for a good while...

Just because we were worrying about it on the internet doesn’t mean there was any basis in fact about it though. We had 9 or more pages just the other day about TTA announcing they were bailing out within the year despite several people pointing out straight away that it was just a standard line in the accounts.

Dont know about the financial side, bored with the pitch argument i just support both the two professional teams in this town and it sad to see both of them having a slow painful death at the moment..

Very true, many other towns/cities seem to manage. Wigan and Hull being examples of grounds where top flight RL and football are both played to few moanings.

It would be sad to see the end of RL. With Oldham being one of Britains premier rugby league towns in terms of development.

Very true, many other towns/cities seem to manage. Wigan and Hull being examples of grounds where top flight RL and football are both played to few moanings.

It would be sad to see the end of RL. With Oldham being one of Britains premier rugby league towns in terms of development.

Indeed RR, Oldham still continues to be a hotbead of Rugby league talent in the town, with St.Annes, Saddleworth and Waterhead still leading the way in the development of many potential super league players for the future and alongside many other factors at the time - apathy/greed/lack of investment resulted in the Rugby Clubs demise, ruining any future opportunity for this town to hit the top flight again with a talented, successful professional sports team - saying that, Chris Hamilton,albeit saving the club initially alone, seems unable to work with others when moving the club forward and has indeed, seemingly fell out with more than 1 very good investor - pity really.

As for the pitch however - good for DP!

Edited by futchers briefs

The people who have voted with their feet are the ones who have downscaled the club, we are now left with a choice of a downscaled (as you put it) Oldham Athletic or no Oldham Athletic. I'm not cheering about it one little bit it's :censored:

They're not-as it seems necessary to keep pointing out, almost every club you can think of see dwindling crowds when times are bad. It's up to the club to entice them back.

Even ManUre got relatively low crowds during the mid-late 1980s, despite enjoying what most First Division clubs would have regarded as reasonable success. I used to work with United fans-season ticket holders-who'd sometimes stay in the pub on Saturday afternoons, unable to bring themselves to drag themselves to the match. (They seem to have set a trend...)

Indeed RR, Oldham still continues to be a hotbead of Rugby league talent in the town, with St.Annes, Saddleworth and Waterhead still leading the way in the development of many potential super league players for the future and alongside many other factors at the time - apathy/greed/lack of investment resulted in the Rugby Clubs demise, ruining any future opportunity for this town to hit the top flight again with a talented, successful professional sports team - saying that, Chris Hamilton,albeit saving the club initially alone, seems unable to work with others when moving the club forward and has indeed, seemingly fell out with more than 1 very good investor - pity really.

As for the pitch however - good for DP!

Hamilton as an accountant worries me. Surely using experience of his trade he should be able to at least handle the off the pitch issues.

Oldham RL’s main problem was selling Watersheddings and moving across the town. All the Rugby League support is the sheddings side of Oldham with people who used to walk to the games from Waterhead, Saddleworth, Higginshaw etc. which are still big in terms of Rugby League. Moving the ground away from their support seemed to have caused problems with not many people following.

In terms of quality players from Oldham. some of the finest players of the superleague generation have been Oldhamers:

Paul Sculthorpe, Iestyn Harris, Kevin Sinfield, Chris Joynt. All having extremely successful careers (to date in Sinfield’s case). Sculthorpe and Harris being arguably two of the finest players to play the sport in recent years.

Barry McDermott led the way for a lot of props. Danny Sculthorpe has made a good career.

Kyle Eastmond is looking like being one of the stars of the future after establishing himself in the Saints and England first teams.

Hamilton as an accountant worries me. Surely using experience of his trade he should be able to at least handle the off the pitch issues.

Oldham RL’s main problem was selling Watersheddings and moving across the town. All the Rugby League support is the sheddings side of Oldham with people who used to walk to the games from Waterhead, Saddleworth, Higginshaw etc. which are still big in terms of Rugby League. Moving the ground away from their support seemed to have caused problems with not many people following.

In terms of quality players from Oldham. some of the finest players of the superleague generation have been Oldhamers:

Paul Sculthorpe, Iestyn Harris, Kevin Sinfield, Chris Joynt. All having extremely successful careers (to date in Sinfield’s case). Sculthorpe and Harris being arguably two of the finest players to play the sport in recent years.

Barry McDermott led the way for a lot of props. Danny Sculthorpe has made a good career.

Kyle Eastmond is looking like being one of the stars of the future after establishing himself in the Saints and England first teams.

And many more local (Oldham) schoolboys currently with Pro clubs. The problem though was not 'moving the ground away' - the problem was - they never 'bloody moved' :angry: They knocked the ground down and that was that!!! Though, you're quite right, the majority of egg-chuckers are from t'other side of town :wink:

ST holders were creditors and under the Creditors' Voluntary Arrangement agreed at a public meeting with the Administrator in the Council Chamber, ST holders would have got sod all, just like all the other creditors. However, TTA agreed to pick up the tab.

founder member of the Northern Union aswell back in 1895

some latics fans need to remember this when they moan about the rugby 'ruining our pitch'

do these same latics fans command respect for being founder members of the Premier League?

They're not-as it seems necessary to keep pointing out, almost every club you can think of see dwindling crowds when times are bad. It's up to the club to entice them back.

Even ManUre got relatively low crowds during the mid-late 1980s, despite enjoying what most First Division clubs would have regarded as reasonable success. I used to work with United fans-season ticket holders-who'd sometimes stay in the pub on Saturday afternoons, unable to bring themselves to drag themselves to the match. (They seem to have set a trend...)

+1

founder member of the Northern Union aswell back in 1895

do these same latics fans command respect for being founder members of the Premier League?

What the :censored: does that have to do with whether we like extra games being played on the football pitch when it's already in a state during the winter months?

the 'old pitch tale' eh

the pitch is fine and you know it

When did I say, "old pitch?" and tell a tale about it? It is no doubt fine now, it will be crap in late December and January and the ground staff will be desperate to give it as much rest as possible. I wish the Rugby luck despite having no interest in the game myself but what does the history of another team matter to me when it comes to the manager asking for the surface HIS team plays on not to be further damaged?

When did I say, "old pitch?" and tell a tale about it? It is no doubt fine now, it will be crap in late December and January and the ground staff will be desperate to give it as much rest as possible. I wish the Rugby luck despite having no interest in the game myself but what does the history of another team matter to me when it comes to the manager asking for the surface HIS team plays on not to be further damaged?

i can tell you have no interest in the game

its about supporting your town as a whole, you have to respect Oldham Rugby if you are from Oldham

it would be a different story if the boot was on the other foot, its obviuos DP isnt from Oldham - it stinks

i can tell you have no interest in the game

its about supporting your town as a whole, you have to respect Oldham Rugby if you are from Oldham

it would be a different story if the boot was on the other foot, its obviuos DP isnt from Oldham - it stinks

Tbh I think it's a sad state of affairs what has happened to the egg chuckers, however i personally don't give two hoots if DP is from Pluto, as long as he makes decisions based upon what he thinks is best for Oldham Athletic.