Rugby not at boundary park next season

Tbh I think it's a sad state of affairs what has happened to the egg chuckers, however i personally don't give two hoots if DP is from Pluto, as long as he makes decisions based upon what he thinks is best for Oldham Athletic.

:stupid:

As I said, I wish them the best, but if Oldham had had the best 3-day eventing team in the world in 1756 I still wouldn't want them grazing their horses in the mud of my football team's muddy pitch in January.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can tell you have no interest in the game

its about supporting your town as a whole, you have to respect Oldham Rugby if you are from Oldham

it would be a different story if the boot was on the other foot, its obviuos DP isnt from Oldham - it stinks

I think I'm right in saying there are a few Saints fans on here who would go against that statement......... the glory (egg) chasers :grin:

its about supporting your town as a whole, you have to respect Oldham Rugby if you are from Oldham

it would be a different story if the boot was on the other foot, its obviuos DP isnt from Oldham - it stinks

I concur...we use to produce athletes across many sports, footy, rugby, cricket etc.

It's a very sad state of affairs that we cannot sort it out.

Shame for the town.

Edited by underdog

I went to watch Oldham Rugby in the 1990 cup run cos a few of my mates were fans. After a while, I noticed a lot of Oldham Rugby fans were ManU fans and other Rugby fans hated Latics - so how does the above work again?

Edited by martjs

I went to watch Oldham Rugby in the 1990 cup run cos a few of my mates were fans. After a while, I noticed a lot of Oldham Rugby fans were ManU fans and other Rugby fans hated Latics - so how does the above work again?

most people support United dont they?

i dont obviously, and neither do my 'old rugby mates'

most people support United dont they?

i dont obviously, and neither do my 'old rugby mates'

Not sure what you're getting at with your first comment.

There were a lot of red ManU shirts at the ground (Watersheddings) and in the club (Sheddings) after the matches. Maybe those fans bought and wore ManU shirts because they were similar to ORLFC's colours... :lol:

Edited by martjs

:lol: I've always been on board!

It was time to pass the baton on I think...

I have noticed since you passed it (the baton) on. I'm assuming your position became untenable.

Like I said, it's good to have you in the "silent majority".

Not sure what you're getting at with your first comment.

There were a lot of red ManU shirts at the ground (Watersheddings) and in the club (Sheddings) after the matches. Maybe those fans bought and wore ManU shirts because they were similar to ORLFC's colours... :lol:

everywhere you walk, you see a united top, they are evrywhere

maybe because the sheddings club was open late, and all the 'united fans' who had watched them on TV had gone back to the sheddings club

i know it was open late, i vaguely remember my mum not being happy with the owd fella about it :grin:

I'm assuming your position became untenable

No that's not the case at all, OWTB was always steered - and always will be - towards being independant even though there's the "Official" tag on the banner up there. We did our upmost to support the club and yet still remain critical when it needed to be.

I've got a lot on personally at the moment, I train a lot more now - and it's mad busy at work - tie that up with a young family and I've got no time left. Believe me, you need a lot of time to effectively run this place and try to keep it fresh.

Yet more questions that need answering, trouble is I just think TTA are full of piss and wind who constantly move the goalposts then blame anyone and everything else other than their own failings.

Not reading another post on this thread....Spot on Prozac

everywhere you walk, you see a united top, they are evrywhere

Nowhere near as many back in 1990 - it was pre-Prem days and they hadn't won the league for 20-odd years then so a distinct lack of gloryhunting fans.

maybe because the sheddings club was open late, and all the 'united fans' who had watched them on TV had gone back to the sheddings club

Again, pre-Prem and so nowhere near as many live matches on the box. We used to go in Sheddings after the match and thats where I spotted 'em. Aaagh! Probably due to the booze I saw more red shirts than there were! :lol:

Anyway, we used to go to Sheddings at night too. Morgan and all that! "Simply The Best"

Heady days, only problem was lack of late-night food after closing time... And for some reason the owners at Yips didnt like me knocking on their window after they were shut! "Nothing left!" :lol: Good times...

Nowhere near as many back in 1990 - it was pre-Prem days and they hadn't won the league for 20-odd years then so a distinct lack of gloryhunting fans.

Again, pre-Prem and so nowhere near as many live matches on the box. We used to go in Sheddings after the match and thats where I spotted 'em. Aaagh! Probably due to the booze I saw more red shirts than there were! :lol:

Anyway, we used to go to Sheddings at night too. Morgan and all that! "Simply The Best"

Heady days, only problem was lack of late-night food after closing time... And for some reason the owners at Yips didnt like me knocking on their window after they were shut! "Nothing left!" :lol: Good times...

aye Morgan with simply the best - great memories do you mean on match days? did you not raid the players food in the 'players lounge' like we used to do :grin:

aye Morgan with simply the best - great memories do you mean on match days? did you not raid the players food in the 'players lounge' like we used to do :grin:

Well I meant mostly on Friday nights and sometimes Saturday nights too.

I remember the heartfelt rendition of "Simply The Best" on the night of the semi final defeat... IIRC, the Oldham Rugby captain was on the stage... can't remember his name now.

Well I meant mostly on Friday nights and sometimes Saturday nights too.

I remember the heartfelt rendition of "Simply The Best" on the night of the semi final defeat... IIRC, the Oldham Rugby captain was on the stage... can't remember his name now.

1990 v Warrington at Central Park?

John Cogger was skipper!

i was only 12, memories like that are cemented in my brain!

1990 v Warrington at Central Park?

John Cogger was skipper!

i was only 12, memories like that are cemented in my brain!

That's the one - I'm not old enough to remember the others! :lol:

Those were great days - good booze ups. Never any trouble apart from the pie-eaters having a go at the Warrington fans.