Darren Byfield.

And that still doesn't equate to a lot!!

no but let's play Devil's advovcate say DB had scored the two goals KP has, then add in the other four? he's got and that could be

1-0 win v Yeovil (2 more points)

1-1 at Bristol Rovers

1-1 at Gillingham

1-1 v Hudds

Suddenly we're 5 points better off and the world seems a better place. Goals change games - he's scoring them at a rate that is superior to any fit striker we have available.

And that still doesn't equate to a lot!!

Did Byfield really impress anyone on the pitch. I thought he was average at best.

If we are going to piss about with :censored:e players on the pitch, make them the 'untried kids' that are ours right now. Eaves, Alice, Brooke, etc. Stick them in and see what they can do. What is there to lose?

no but let's play Devil's advovcate say DB had scored the two goals KP has, then add in the other four? he's got and that could be

1-0 win v Yeovil (2 more points)

1-1 at Bristol Rovers

1-1 at Gillingham

1-1 v Hudds

Suddenly we're 5 points better off and the world seems a better place. Goals change games - he's scoring them at a rate that is superior to any fit striker we have available.

Ok. Not sure if you're saying that we should have kept him longer, or that we should try and get him now or something else?

Why is he scoring now? He's find a rhythm? He's getting better service? walsall tactics suit him better than those under DP or Shez?

I think many strikers would struggle at Latics at present because the service isn't as good as it should be.

Did Byfield really impress anyone on the pitch. I thought he was average at best.

If we are going to piss about with :censored:e players on the pitch, make them the 'untried kids' that are ours right now. Eaves, Alice, Brooke, etc. Stick them in and see what they can do. What is there to lose?

'Alice' won't be kicking a ball for a long time! As for Byfield if he'd been allowed to play with Pav we would have been onto a winner, instead he was brought on to replace Pav usually.

I'd go with the two young lads instead of Blackman and Parker, why? They've more of a goalscoring instinct.

Ok. Not sure if you're saying that we should have kept him longer, or that we should try and get him now or something else?

Why is he scoring now? He's find a rhythm? He's getting better service? walsall tactics suit him better than those under DP or Shez?

I think many strikers would struggle at Latics at present because the service isn't as good as it should be.

Agreed, its not a good situation to blood the kids in, it could wreck their careers particularly if the BP moaners get onto them

Exactly, it's down to the manager to play a sysytem that creates. Furman can do it - if he's allowed to cross the halfway line so can Whitaker but he's not been allowed to be the threat he was on occasion last season. Taylor and Smalley are not getting the service because we play tepid football through the middle. The only width we've had all season was Sheehan.

Anyone think the midfield is over compensating for Rubes and Greegs :censored: start to the season and we daren't go for it in case they start getting caught out again?

'Alice' won't be kicking a ball for a long time! As for Byfield if he'd been allowed to play with Pav we would have been onto a winner, instead he was brought on to replace Pav usually.

I'd go with the two young lads instead of Blackman and Parker, why? They've more of a goalscoring instinct.

I guess we agree on the current situation then, just not on Byfield's ability. I think he wasn't better than the kids we have (especially the brief moment I've seen of Eaves - he did more in one game than the poisoned dwarf has done since joining). Byfield had a couple of good games, and many 'I can't be arsed' games. I don't want that player involved at oldham, it's what cost Sheridan his job and will repeat for any manager.

We can pick out many past players, never at our club players, 50 years ago players. It makes no difference. I'd like Adam Boyd - but it is as likely as Jill at work giving me a Christmas blow job.

Nope - he looked like he was coasting for the most part - not the answer :unsure: