So what've we got in back-up?

Not a bad performance from the reserves against a young City side (Michael Johnson playing 45 minutes apart) A couple of good chances in the first half and we had a very well worked goal ruled out harshly imo in the first half. We should have won it in the second half with Stephens and the centre-back Ojapah outstanding. Parker was subbed and Eaves got 20 minutes. Jacobson had a good game at Centre-half. Brill look assured, his handling was good and he made one good stop in open play, but almost conceded a very scrappy goal when he didn't have a clue here the ball was. An outstanding save in the shoot-out wasn't enough.

Brill - Decent show, good handling, commanded his area well and looks to be working on his positioning at free-kicks - 7

McKerr - Ok defensively, a little lacking going forward - 6

Ojapah - Outstanding, a little ungainly at times but won most of his headers and looks to clear his lines first and foremost. But lucky not to concede a cast-iron pen. 9

Jacobson - Good distribution, covered ground and was a well 'wise old head' in a very young back line, another 90 minutes under his belt and surely can't be far away from returning? 7

Black - Doesn't really impress me, not really in the game much for me - 6

Colbeck - His best game for the club by far, two good efforts including one at the end of a great 65 yard run, more of the same please. Looked pacy tonight and far more direct than he has previously - 8

Stephens - Superb, took him 20 mins to get going but ran the shopw for us. When the hell is this boy going to get his chance? Always looking to pass forward and make attacking runs from deep. 9 MOM

Rowney - Busy little player, buzzes around people's feet, always involved, willing runner and tidy little passer. Tenacious in the tackle - 7

Lee - In and out of the game, sorry don't think he'll make it with us, his future clearly lies elsewhere. Offered little against a young lightweight City side. - 5

Parker - Didn't do it at all, not one effort on goal from him. Pisspoor effort from someone who looked disinterested - 5

Brooke - Tried hard, two good efforts on goal, but very isolated - 6

Sub Used -

Eaves - City's no. 5 was a big lad, but he towered above him. Seemed more interested in barracking his team-mates. Won a fair few headers though. Two deflected efforts wide. - 7

City's stand out players were there two wingers Moore and Redshaw (diminiutive with a look of pace and skill, moved inside later and caused us late problems)

Kieran Trippier played left-back for City - Kelvin Lomax's brother, Kelvin was there too.

In conclusion, there's nowt upfront in reserve either - get it sorted Penney!

Oh and for those that know me the Shoot-out vid will be on Facebook later, although the ref decided to have the shoot-out away from the fans - tit!

Edited by oafcprozac

Not a bad performance from the reserves against a young City side (Michael Johnson playing 45 minutes apart) A couple of good chances in the first half and we had a very well worked goal ruled out harshly imo in the first half. We should have won it in the second half withy Stephens and the centre-back Ojapah outstanding. Parker was subbed and Eaves got 20 minutes. Jacobson had a good game at Centre-half. Brill look assured his handling was good and he made one good stop in open play but almost conceded a very scrappy goal when he didn't have a clue here the ball was. An outstanding save in the shoot-out wasn't enough.

Brill - Decent show, good handling, commanded his area well and looks to be working on his positioning at free-kicks - 7

Ojapah - Outstanding, a little ungainly at times but won most of his headers and looks to clear his lines first and foremost. But lucky not to concede a cast-iron pen. 9

Jacobson - Good distribution, covered ground well wise old head in a very young back line, another 90 minutes under his belt and surely can't be far away from returning? 7

Colbeck - His best game for the club by far, two good efforts including one at the end of a great 65 yard run, more of the same please. Looked pacy tonight and far more direct than he has previously - 8

Stephens - Superb, took him 20 mins to get going but ran the shopw for us. when the hell is this boy going to get his chance. always looking to pass forward and make attacking runs from deep. 9 MOM

Rowney - busy little player, buzzes around people's feet, always involved, willing runner and tidy little passer. Tenacious in the tackle - 7

Lee - In and out of the game, sorry don't think he'll make it with us, his future clearly lies elsewhere. Offered little against a young lightweight City side. - 5

Parker - Didn't do it at all, not one effort on goal from him. Pisspoor effort from someone who looked disinterested - 5

Sub Used - Eaves - City's no. 5 was a big lad, but he towered above him. Seemed more interested in barracking his team-mates. Won a fair few headers though. Two deflected efforts wide. - 7

City's stand out players were there two wingers Moore and Redshaw (diminiutive with a took of pace and skill, moved inside later and caused us late problems)

Kieran Trippier played left-back for City - Kelvin Lomax's brother, Kelvin was there too.

Oh and for those that know me the Shoot-out vid will be on Facebook later, although the ref decided to have the shoot-out away from the fans - tit!

Strange -No appearance from Rene Steer ?

Not a bad performance from the reserves against a young City side (Michael Johnson playing 45 minutes apart) A couple of good chances in the first half and we had a very well worked goal ruled out harshly imo in the first half. We should have won it in the second half withy Stephens and the centre-back Ojapah outstanding. Parker was subbed and Eaves got 20 minutes. Jacobson had a good game at Centre-half. Brill look assured his handling was good and he made one good stop in open play but almost conceded a very scrappy goal when he didn't have a clue here the ball was. An outstanding save in the shoot-out wasn't enough.

Jacobson - Good distribution, covered ground well wise old head in a very young back line, another 90 minutes under his belt and surely can't be far away from returning? 7

Stephens - Superb, took him 20 mins to get going but ran the shopw for us. when the hell is this boy going to get his chance. always looking to pass forward and make attacking runs from deep. 9 MOM

Rowney - busy little player, buzzes around people's feet, always involved, willing runner and tidy little passer. Tenacious in the tackle - 7

Sub Used - Eaves - City's no. 5 was a big lad, but he towered above him. Seemed more interested in barracking his team-mates. Won a fair few headers though. Two deflected efforts wide. - 7

City's stand out players were there two wingers Moore and Redshaw (diminiutive with a took of pace and skill, moved inside later and caused us late problems)

Cheers, good informative post. As i suspected not much to get excited about in our quest for a solution to the goalscoring problem.

Thanks for the player report Prozac.

Strange that Stephens played so well, wonder why he was subbed before 1/2 time at Dale on sat.

Whenever I've seen him he's been standout, had a good pre-season last year under Shez, never got a chance and this time round only saw him briefly but he was the catalyst for a young reserve team coming back from 3-0 down at Stalybridge - including a brace.

Whenever I've seen him he's been standout, had a good pre-season last year under Shez, never got a chance and this time round only saw him briefly but he was the catalyst for a young reserve team coming back from 3-0 down at Stalybridge - including a brace.

Is his loan up now or is he still eligible to play for our ressies? I'm confuddled! :unsure:

Just seen in the match report from last night his loan at Rockerdale has now expired. Anyone know whether they were keen to keep him on, or was that not possible after being there for 3 months?

Edited by danoafc

Is his loan up now or is he still eligible to play for our ressies? I'm confuddled! :unsure:

Just seen in the match report from last night his loan at Rockerdale has now expired. Anyone know whether they were keen to keep him on, or was that not possible after being there for 3 months?

It was an initial one month loan, that was extended for a further month twice, meaning he's spent the maximum he could at Dale under the rules of short-term loans. I'd throw him in on Saturday alongside :censored:, what've we got lose? A player who is box to box, looks to pass forward and shoots on sight...

It was an initial one month loan, that was extended for a further month twice, meaning he's spent the maximum he could at Dale under the rules of short-term loans. I'd throw him in on Saturday alongside :censored:, what've we got lose? A player who is box to box, looks to pass forward and shoots on sight...

haha he sounds like the opposite of Whitaker GET HIM IN!! :grin: