Oliver Norwood

Saw SSN highlights last night a young lad scored 2 cracking free kicks in N Irelends last 2 Under 21s games , looks a cracking prospect and plays for United , anyone know anything else about him ?

Im sure there must be so many United and Citys players we could get if we just built up a relationship with them (on a business level not fan)

Corry Evans is another good player (jonny evans brother)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always found it odd we haven't had more loan players from United and City its win win for both, they get there young players some league experience and we get players which we couldnt afford to buy

or I suppose we could ruin there careers by booing them if they misplace their first pass :lol:

I understand the counter argument , the likes of Cooper (who I now know is doing well but at the time was :censored:e) and Clegg etc but there must be some gems there

I've always found it odd we haven't had more loan players from United and City its win win for both, they get there young players some league experience and we get players which we couldnt afford to buy

I agree, we should be getting someone like Febian Brandy above Gillingham.

Weren't ties cut with Utd when we sued them for poaching a young lad (Brown??)

correct

and i think in all honesty we s**t our load full with city over not accepting a much lower payoff for the micah contract

that said shez did go in for sturridge at city,and the only thing that stopped the deal was citys 3 strikers going down in 2 days and him being thrown into the first team..he scored and has never looked back since....but that is the kind of young hungry striker we need,someone with something to prove

I think the club really could do with building links with them both, we just dont have the money to compete with some of the teams in this league.

Look at Brentford who have got that Bostock from spurson loan. Too good for this league.

Its would be great if we could get some quality loanies in like we had with Croft, Lee Grant, Kilkenny

Edited by daniel8157

Just out of interest which player did we take United to court over? And what other playes have they poached off us in the past (Scholes)?

Scholes was never our player, he played for Boundary Park juniors which had loose ties with the club but most of the coaches were pretty loyal to United, thus players like Platt, Robins and Scholes all ending up United. (And his teacher in Middleton was a massive Red who convinced him to sign for United - Scholes)

The player that caused all the controversy was David Brown, didn't make it ended up at Hull, was pretty :censored:e in the end and has played in non-league for the majority of his career.

Scholes was never our player, he played for Boundary Park juniors which had loose ties with the club but most of the coaches were pretty loyal to United, thus players like Platt, Robins and Scholes all ending up United. (And his teacher in Middleton was a massive Red who convinced him to sign for United - Scholes)

The player that caused all the controversy was David Brown, didn't make it ended up at Hull, was pretty :censored:e in the end and has played in non-league for the majority of his career.

Cheers for the info, just read up on him on wikipedia, as you say he was a load of :censored: scoring about 68 goals in his career, he's still a player at Forest Green but had a stint as caretaker manager last season.

Could be Irwin. Maybe Goram.

Somewhere down the line - Warhurst?

Think Irwin is only 2nd to Giggs?

Irwin

Cup Winners Cup '91

Super Cup '91

League Cup '92

Prem '93

Charity Shield '93

Prem '94

FA Cup '94

Charity Shield '94

Prem '96

FA Cup '96

Charity Shield '96

Prem '97

Charity Shield '97

Prem '99

FA Cup '99

Champs League '99

World Club Cup '99

Prem '00

Prem '01

19 Trophies not done bad and 94 World Cup for Ireland

Goram won the subbuteo league a few times but Irwin for me - Fergie turned him from a decent right-back into the best left-back in the world including carlos who could not defend but was an awesome attacking threat.

Cheers for that fellas.Now, who has been the best player to come through our youth system?Milligan,Henry,Makin,Gerrard,Barlow(Andy),Taylor???

(Eddie) Hopkinson? Debut v Chester W11-2, went on to play for England?

I'm sure Wayne Harrison would have been up there if injuries had not cruelly intervened.

(Eddie) Hopkinson? Debut v Chester W11-2, went on to play for England?

I'm sure Wayne Harrison would have been up there if injuries had not cruelly intervened.

I may be very very wrong here, but when I worked at Somerfield in Royton about 2001, there was this old bloke who worked there, I remember someone telling me that he played for England and Bolton in goal, he also played for the stores 5 a-side team and was still very good despite his age apparently. I wonder if it was this bloke?(I'm sure his name was Eddie too)

Edited by RoytonLatics