Heffernan signs!

For god's sake!

Will all of the "cup-half-empty" doom merchants please join hands and jump off the nearest cliff.

He's a player with a proven goal scoring record.

Who the hell do you think we could sign in the 3rd division!

I'm not knocking the signing, it seems like a good 1. I just wish it was made 6 weeks ago when we still had something to play for other than avoiding relegation!

I'm not knocking the signing, it seems like a good 1. I just wish it was made 6 weeks ago when we still had something to play for other than avoiding relegation!

we playing for the playoff there still on if we do well AND STOP PLAYING SILLY.

WE TO GOOD TO GO DOWN.

Edited by RoyleArmy

Yeah, because this now somehow makes us forget the absolute bollerks that one has been blathering on about in the past.

WELL WHO WAS THAT IT WAS ME I DID NOTHING WRONG MATE ITS NOT RIGHT WHAT SAYING THINGS TO ME WHEN I DID NOTHING BAD TO ANYONE I WAS ONLY DOING MY JOB.

Edited by RoyleArmy

we playing for the playoff there still on if we do well AND STOP PLAYING SILLY.

WE TO GOOD TO GO DOWN.

That what newcastle fans thought

WELL WHO WAS THAT IT WAS ME I DID NOTHING WRONG MATE ITS NOT RIGHT WHAT SAYING THINGS TO ME WHEN I DID NOTHING BAD TO ANYONE I WAS ONLY DOING MY JOB.

stop spitting your dummy out!

and who employeed you for this job?

also does making up a load of rubbish pay well?

Whoa there Tex, if you can just stop yer spurs from jingling-and-a-jangling. Doing your job? If one decides to post spurious info from dubious quarters time and time again, prepare for some comment. I said many moons ago, we all like an exclusive rumour to get the excitement going at these times, but to be perfectly honest about it - 99 times out of a 100 it's all crap. Like somebody said earlier, one of the predictions was going to turn up sooner or later, but one can hardly swagger about on this tit-bit... :wink:

Taken from Donny forum:

There's a difference between a poachers effort, struck wildly from inside the area & picking the ball up with your back to the goal, turning & engineering a chance. I'm not doubting his ability to do the former, most strikers can do this, along with most midfielders & some defenders. It's the latter that he doesn't do so well.

I agree with Sif's point about fashioning chances and I think it's the reason why O'Driscoll doesn't seem to rate Heffs. Think about the way Sean goes on about "taking responsibility" and compare that to Heffs all round play. Give Heffs a chance in the area and more often than not he will stick it away as his record proves. However he isn't the sort of player to make his own chances or even turn half chances into something more. Heffs is an old fashioned goalscorer and O'Driscoll's system won't accommodate him sadly.

To be honest, I think we're more than okay at getting the ball in the box, what we are missing is someone to put it in the net. We got Taylor, Smalley, Furman, Blackman and Abbott all capable of getting the ball in the box, creating something but we need a finisher and hopefully Heffernan can do the job.