out numbered at home on 01.12.09

Well lads, there'll be guaranteed four extra supporters in Boundary Park tomorrow night... I'm travelling over from Dublin in the morning with three mates and looking forward to having a few pints before what will hopfully be a good match.

If you hear a bunch of lads with Irish accents who sound like they've been enjoying a few beers then that's us!

Excellent....the more the merrier. Especially as Diego has found that leeds have now sold all their allocated tickets. So...

"come into the light...all is welcome, all is welcome.....". Name the movie anyone?

I can't wait now...bring it on.....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The laughable thing is that you could have swapped your and your son's tickets for seats in the main stand for the leeds game. And you knew this was a possibility (in fact you knew it was going to happen) when you bought your ticket.

So, you want to sit in either the RRE or Main stand, and you can sit in either the RRE or main stand, but you're not going to - on principle!

Seems a bit silly if you ask. me.

I think you wanted a boundary blues deal in the main stand, but in line with the club's stated pricing they refused, so you're trying to find a contrived way to make an irrelevant point.

No, you misunderstand my point.

I buy a season ticket and want to sit in my seat. If I could have bought a Season Ticket in the Main Stand on the BB deal, I would have done.

What is stopping me from going is the feeling that I am getting from the club that they care less about loyal Latics fans (such as me) than they do about the money that they wll recieve for a few matches per season.

That is why I wont go - I don't feel that I should have to move to accomodate Leeds or Huddersfield fans. They may have stated that I might need to move if I bought a Season Ticket in the RRE, but it doesn't make me feel like my support is valued by the club, so why should I go? The way I feel that I am regarded by the people I pay my money to is not an irrelevant point.

Oh, and by the way. I DIDN'T ask you for your opinion - it means nothing to me. I simply stated my stance on this matter, in the hope that some of the blinkered posters on here could maybe understand one of the reasons we will be outnumbered by Leeds fans tomorrow night.

No, you misunderstand my point.

I buy a season ticket and want to sit in my seat. If I could have bought a Season Ticket in the Main Stand on the BB deal, I would have done.

What is stopping me from going is the feeling that I am getting from the club that they care less about loyal Latics fans (such as me) than they do about the money that they wll recieve for a few matches per season.

That is why I wont go - I don't feel that I should have to move to accomodate Leeds or Huddersfield fans. They may have stated that I might need to move if I bought a Season Ticket in the RRE, but it doesn't make me feel like my support is valued by the club, so why should I go? The way I feel that I am regarded by the people I pay my money to is not an irrelevant point.

Oh, and by the way. I DIDN'T ask you for your opinion - it means nothing to me. I simply stated my stance on this matter, in the hope that some of the blinkered posters on here could maybe understand one of the reasons we will be outnumbered by Leeds fans tomorrow night.

No offence mate, but you are being a bit of a tart on this issue, a big pink-wearing skipping in a dress nancy-boy tart who probably plays with dolls.

But no offence :wink:

Now, now, now gentleman. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram and play nice.

We all have our reasons why we are going/not going to BP anymore and no-one has the right to bitch slap you for it either way.

The reason why I started the thread was to get bums on seats really, to say yes were going to be outnumbered and if you can make it then please do.

However, If you are making a stand against the club then no-one has the right to criticise you for it but thanks for explaining the reasons why. I was wondering what could change your mind and it has been explained by various fans that neither I, or another fan, or the club itself can't at this present time.

Fair do's. I am ever hopeful that one day, that can change.

Thanks

T

diego seems to be loving the fact that the chaddy end is going to be full, which makes me smile.

think there may be some fisticuffs in there tonight tho. :fighting::lookers:

OS says 8000 seats sold already, so thats 3500 Oldham and 4500 leeds. Any one think there are enough floaters going to turn up tonight to at least match the Leeds turn out

I'm a tad pissed off now, I could have gone to the game tonight but decided not to book a full day off, either without pay or one from next years entitlement, I work away see, I couldn't muster any enthusism to bring myself to go that is until this morning, down to various reasons, now that I'm going to be stuck in Glasgee tonight I want to go!!!!! I hope everyone who goes gets value for money annd the team plays like they want to win......... <_<

OS says 8000 seats sold already, so thats 3500 Oldham and 4500 leeds. Any one think there are enough floaters going to turn up tonight to at least match the Leeds turn out

i reckon it will be pretty hard to find a seat. but then my optimism does tend to annoy my freinds at times!

I'm a tad pissed off now, I could have gone to the game tonight but decided not to book a full day off, either without pay or one from next years entitlement, I work away see, I couldn't muster any enthusism to bring myself to go that is until this morning, down to various reasons, now that I'm going to be stuck in Glasgee tonight I want to go!!!!! I hope everyone who goes gets value for money annd the team plays like they want to win......... <_<

I haven't exchanged my two season tickets for tickets for tonight's match. We will turn up well in advance of Kick off and go to a turnstile and get in. Does the 8000+ tickets sold include STs like me or not? If not then we could easily get a crowd of 9000.

I haven't exchanged my two season tickets for tickets for tonight's match. We will turn up well in advance of Kick off and go to a turnstile and get in. Does the 8000+ tickets sold include STs like me or not? If not then we could easily get a crowd of 9000.

I think the 8000+ must include St holders... Say we have 2.5K season tickets thats 10500 for tonight which is a complete sell out which has not been mentioned...

We exchanged ours on Saturday so it isn't like the club are losing out, at the start of the season I said to the wife that I was going to book 2 half days off for this match, that is how much I was looking forward to it, as time drew nearer and I was running out of holiday entitlement I decided not to bother.......now I wish I had......valuable lesson learnt for future reference I think, the other option would have been to say I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday morning guaranteed me to be home tonight, I could have used that on Monday morning, but still no excitement until now that is....... :ranting:

im expecting a crowd of 9500+. with an official announcement of 8231

Why? It's well documented that the turnstiles are automatically monitored, indeed AH showed some fans a couple of years ago how it was impossible to fiddle figures.

And this season the club has announced that attendance figures are those actually in the ground not tickets sold - unlike some clubs.

im expecting a crowd of 9500+. with an official announcement of 8231

:shock: I do find it hard to believe sometimes. Like against Hudds, the crowd was 8500 and 4000 were from Hudds. That left 2000 seats available, were the hell were they? Sat in the Chaddy the main stand was packed and the RRE was 500 short of capacity.... That leaves 1500 seats in the chaddy, considering it only holds just over 3000 there was no way 1 in every 2 seats was free.

:shock: I do find it hard to believe sometimes. Like against Hudds, the crowd was 8500 and 4000 were from Hudds. That left 2000 seats available, were the hell were they? Sat in the Chaddy the main stand was packed and the RRE was 500 short of capacity.... That leaves 1500 seats in the chaddy, considering it only holds just over 3000 there was no way 1 in every 2 seats was free.

I was sat in the Main Stand Grey Block that day and there were quite a few seats empty, plus a lot of seats at both sides of the Chaddy. It wasn't as full as you might think.