out numbered at home on 01.12.09

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, but I can't.

Surely it's better that Leeds bring more? More money in the coffers for us.

you make it sound like a good thing that we have small crowds. Fair enough they have good support but we should be getting more than 4 and half thousand at home to Leeds.

Edited by spadam

For those who say "if I didn't have an ST I'm not sure I'd be be going" or "we have a :censored: team so why bother"...

What makes us different to red c***s...or so I thought...is that we're there to see the lows, taste them and enjoy the highs (which are further away and harder to reach than any red c**t can!)...I don't regard Oldham 1 Cardiff 7 as my worst day supporting the club despite it being our joint-worst home scoreline...I regard it as a day I tell my grandkids (when I have them) I was there, Goram was a sumo-wrestler in goal Balmer played like Stevie Wonder only to go and score to make sure it wasn't the record defeat!

So Leeds dick us 5-0 on Tuesday??? We may just nick it with a 95th minute Gregan overhead kick and while it'll look good on tv from the comfort of your own home with your £20 in your pocket...you'll never get the feeling of "being in the moment!" or be able to pass it down to your little'ones that you were there that legendary day! Who knew McDonald would do that at Goodison??? Who knew Vernon would "stick the ball in the :censored:ty net"??? Who knew Gary Kelly would save that penalty in our last ever visit to Maine Road??? Who knew Corazzin would be blowing bubbles at Upton Park??? Who knew...who knew...who knew???

Football doesn't have a script...that's why we go!!! Be there...it could just be the tonic everyone needs in a season that was always going to be tough!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

For those who say "if I didn't have an ST I'm not sure I'd be be going" or "we have a :censored: team so why bother"...

What makes us different to red c***s...or so I thought...is that we're there to see the lows, taste them and enjoy the highs (which are further away and harder to reach than any red c**t can!)...I don't regard Oldham 1 Cardiff 7 as my worst day supporting the club despite it being our joint-worst home scoreline...I regard it as a day I tell my grandkids (when I have them) I was there, Goram was a sumo-wrestler in goal Balmer played like Stevie Wonder only to go and score to make sure it wasn't the record defeat!

So Leeds dick us 5-0 on Tuesday??? We may just nick it with a 95th minute Gregan overhead kick and while it'll look good on tv from the comfort of your own home with your £20 in your pocket...you'll never get the feeling of "being in the moment!" or be able to pass it down to your little'ones that you were there that legendary day! Who knew McDonald would do that at Goodison??? Who knew Vernon would "stick the ball in the :censored:ty net"??? Who knew Gary Kelly would save that penalty in our last ever visit to Maine Road??? Who knew Corazzin would be blowing bubbles at Upton Park??? Who knew...who knew...who knew???

Football doesn't have a script...that's why we go!!! Be there...it could just be the tonic everyone needs in a season that was always going to be tough!!!

Excellent post, agree 100%.

I fear the worst every time I go to BP, but it will never stop me going.

Here here,

post of the month :grin:

BB80 in post people agree with shocker! :D

You probably don't remember that Latics reminiscing chat I had with you in the Hark To Topper many years ago, but I like to think it helped to formulate your love for the Club, shown in the above post, which made the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. :ktf:

I've not seen the Kettering V Leeds game but head the result - so a its was draw and kettering scored first eh.

I don't think they are that good, so here's my thoughts:

They are going to get their arses kicked by the management and give us a good thashing or,

they are there for the taking, hope Beckford brings his little black mittens with him too.

I can't wait to be honest.

Bring it on....."oh when the Bluuueeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss...."

See you at the game

OOhhphh!!!!!!!!!...the joy of sharing laptops with you ball and chaing and not logging out...this post should be me - Underdog an not Tangerine dreams...

Edited by tangerinedreams

We've just come back from BP after exchanging our tickets from the RRE to Chaddy for Tuesdays game.

Tangerine dreams asked the lady in the office how the Leeds tickets for them have sold - 4,283 away fans are going to decend on BP on Tuesday. YES YOU HEARD 4,283.....

Somehow, I don't think we're going to match that target.

So, a plea, if you were thinking of giving it a miss or just umming and arring, please get yourself down to BP if you can. Beg, plead, borrow and sell your soul if you have to. Get some dosh - early Chrimbo pressie maybe off your folks, wife, kids

Your team needs you.....and my voice is not going to last all game.

I've got a Season Ticket (have had for many a long year) and I am not going.

I am not going to ANY home match (league or cup (what a joke - cup)) where they would rather take the money offered by visiting supporters over letting me sit in the stand where I bought my Season Ticket for.

They should put up temporary, uncovered seating in the Lookers Paddock (a la Blackpool) and stick away fans in there.

I reckon there will be less than 2,000 Latics fans there - so you'll be outnumbered 2 to 1.

Enjoy.

I am not going to ANY home match (league or cup (what a joke - cup)) where they would rather take the money offered by visiting supporters over letting me sit in the stand where I bought my Season Ticket for.

They should put up temporary, uncovered seating in the Lookers Paddock (a la Blackpool) and stick away fans in there.

I reckon there will be less than 2,000 Latics fans there - so you'll be outnumbered 2 to 1.

Enjoy.

may i ask why? and is there anything that would change you mind Rick? is it just because you have been moved? Me too, but we knew that when we bought ST for the RRE

Edited by underdog

Spot on

may i ask why? and is there anything that would change you mind Rick? is it just because you have been moved? Me too, but we knew that when we bought ST for the RRE

Yeah, stick up some temporary seating in the Lookers Paddock (like at Blackpool) for the away fans and let the loyal Latics fans sit in the best stand we have left.

Alternatively, let me buy a Season Ticket for my son on the terms of the Boundary Blues deal in the Main Stand and don't restrict it to Chaddy or RRE.

As for Tuesday, no there is nothing that can change my mind. It is a point of principle.

Enjoy.

Don't worry we will, and we'll be none the worse for you not being there.

Enjoy.

I am annoyed that i can't sit in my seat on Tuesday night. I enjoy it in the RRE.

That said, I knew full well when I bought my season ticket that I was highly unlikely to sit in there for the Leeds or Huddersfield games.

The unfortunate position is that Leeds can fill more than the large section of the RRE and we will have enough seats in the rest of the ground to accommodate all the home fans. Financially, there is no alternative to what is happening. We have got to maximise revenue opportunities.

As for the suggestion of temporary seating - Why on earth would we pay to put up a temporary stand when there are already enough seats for what we require?

We also need to remember that the RRE used to be away supporters only for most games. We asked to be allowed to buy season tickets in there and the club agreed. I'm happier being able to sit in there 20 games a season than none.

For what it's worth, I reckon we have got a decent chance on Tuesday. Leeds were slightly the better team in the cup game but there wasn't much in it (certainly in the first half) and after today's cup draw, I think a few of their players may well not have Tuesday's game at the forefront of their minds.