10,000 Capacity

Who mentioned harm old boy?

Anyway you are turning down the chance to be at the meeting (who knows you may have been identified.....) .

Crikey there's you who won't go to a public meeting for fans, and there's 0000 who won't go to matches.

I support a football club, not this kind of pseudo-democracy. All an event likes this is designed for, no matter who organises it and on what issue, is to placate people who, although perhaps dissatisfied, couldn't possibly get a decision changed anyway. It is supposed to give everybody concerned a nice warm feeling: the club can claim that the fans were 'consulted' over the new stadium and the fans can hopefully go away and feel that they participated. We'll still end up with a ground designed for permanent lower division football.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am happy with the proposed 12000 capacity with the veiw to expand. However if that 12000 is actually now 10000 or was never 12000 i feel this is to small, especially if that 10000 does not have any room to expand.......

However like you have said Pete I will wait until next weeks meeting and hope that the original figures are correct

Stop wasting your breath talking about expansion and try to come into the grown-up world.

And there we have it.

You might be able to stomach this smoke-and-mirrors, spin-doctorish nonsense, but I can't. Consultation, used in this context, is one of the contentless buzzwords of our era, that's all.

I don't want to be consulted. I want dynamic owners who'll take the club into the Championship play-off zone and bring us some big home attendances like we had last time we were there.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Here is the 3 sided Kassam stadium at Oxford it has room to expand by building a new stand behind one of the goals.

Is this what the TTA have in mind I wonder ?

kassam%20stadium.JPG

Quote from Wikipedia;

Since 2001, Oxford United have played at the Kassam Stadium.

The all-seater stadium has a capacity of 12,500 and is unique in the Conference National in having only three stands; when first planned in 1995 it was originally going to have a 16,000-seat capacity, but by the time the stadium opened Oxford was playing in a lower division, so the smaller capacity was deemed adequate.

Construction of the fourth stand is not expected to take place for several years, although foundations have already been put in place.

Here is the 3 sided Kassam stadium at Oxford it has room to expand by building a new stand behind one of the goals.

kassam%20stadium.JPG

Quote from Wikipedia;

The all-seater stadium has a capacity of 12,500 and is unique in the Conference National in having only three stands; when first planned in 1995 it was originally going to have a 16,000-seat capacity, but by the time the stadium opened Oxford was playing in a lower division, so the smaller capacity was deemed adequate.

Construction of the fourth stand is not expected to take place for several years, although foundations have already been put in place.

Been many times and its so lifeless with the big car park at one end sat behind a 6 foot garden fence that runs the lenth of the pitch. if they did ever manage to get the 4th stand it would be a really nice stadium but not very likely.... Kasaam was the chairman when built and still owns the ground, it would be a bit like Chris Moore still owning BP.

kassam%20stadium.JPG

Quote from Wikipedia;

Almost what the TTA have been saying about room for expansion, so they could follow the Oxford lead with a 3 sided stadium

And the Corp will note Oxford haven't expanded their stadium since it was built 8 years ago.

Almost what the TTA have been saying about room for expansion, so they could follow the Oxford lead with a 3 sided stadium

And the Corp will note Oxford haven't expanded their stadium since it was built 8 years ago.

the latest word is it would be "difficult" to extend the new stadium... Other than funding I do not see what would be difficult about expanding Oxford stadium so I would presume we are not looking at this type of approach.

Edited by oafc0000

the latest word is it would be "difficult" to extend the new stadium... Other than funding I do not see what would be difficult about expanding Oxford stadium so I would presume we are not looking at this type of approach.

A 3 sided stadium is logical though isn't it from what the TTA have said about room to expand ?... and the easiest way to expand is by building a extra stand.

If the TTA say its going to be 'difficult' to expand a 10,000 seater stadium stadium then Corp is even more justified in his comments.

Was Huddersfield's 3 sided when it was built ?

Edited by BP1960

A 3 sided stadium is logical though isn't it from what the TTA have said about room to expand ?... and the easiest way to expand is by building a extra stand.

If the TTA say its going to be 'difficult' to expand a 10,000 seater stadium stadium then Corp is even more justified in his comments.

Was Huddersfield's 3 sided when it was built ?

Yeah

You might be able to stomach this smoke-and-mirrors, spin-doctorish nonsense, but I can't. Consultation, used in this context, is one of the contentless buzzwords of our era, that's all.

I don't want to be consulted. I want dynamic owners who'll take the club into the Championship play-off zone and bring us some big home attendances like we had last time we were there.

you are clearly expecting too much. I just want us to get into the championship anything else is a bonus

Edited by spadam

We won't need to expand ours when we're in the Conference either.

Latics fan on OWTB, 2013: 'I just want us to regain Football League status.'

Another fan on OWTB 2013: 'You expect too much. Typical moaner...'

Stranger things have happened, Jamie.

We are another Chester/Oxford/Cambridge waiting to happen!

It'll be fun though. I think in a few years I'll be watching non-league footy anyway, if it's with Oldham it'll be even better.

We can chant ":censored: ground no fans" to everyone, and have a bunch of honest, hardworking players who don't pull a huge frown when they have to jog TEN yards to receive the ball.

Bliss.

Stranger things have happened, Jamie.

We are another Chester/Oxford/Cambridge waiting to happen!

In truth, we have been since the last days of Stott and JW Lees. It could be that the last ten years have just been a series of delays. One step forward, three steps back...

One thing's for sure, if you try to consolidate at the lower end of the FL (which is what a 12000 capacity stadium-or is it 10000?-represents), you've more chance of falling further than of anything else heppening. All this is is 'cutting the cloth to fit' (and we know where that always gets a club) written into the very fabric of the club.

Back in 1999, I remember some people saying we were the next Doncaster. But it won't be like that. This club doesn't do comebacks anymore.