• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tony carss

David Eyres

shaun garnett

that striker from canada

little shez all battled and never gave up

Two longest serving First-teamers this decade are (I might be wrong) Pogs '02-'05 and again from '06-'08 and Eyres 2000-06 No brainer - Eyresy, legend! I don't think anyone else was here longer than 2 or 3 years this decade.

Edited by oafcprozac

Two longest serving First-teamers this decade are (I might be wrong) Pogs '02-'05 and again from '06-'08 and Eyres 2000-06 No brainer - Eyresy, legend! I don't think anyone else was here longer than 2 or 3 years this decade.

Call yourself a statto? You forgot about the Wolfman!

1. David Eyres - Need no explanation. IMO Premiership quality and work rate second to none. He was a joy to watch.
  2. Shaun Garnett - We would be playing League Two football now or worse if it was not for him. So I put him second, but only just.
  3. John Sheirdan - Arguably one of the most talented players to ever pull on an Oldham shirt.
Edited by oafc0000

Ernie Cooksey ... maybe not the best player but always put in 100% effort

Also David Eyres

ernie was never a constant first teamer and was sold because he was not a good enough player at the time

sentiment is nice but is he really the player of the decade?

ernie was never a constant first teamer and was sold because he was not a good enough player at the time

Very true...

Lovely bloke but he would not even make the top 10...maybe not even the top 30 ?

Edited by oafc0000

If we're talking 1st Jan '99-31sr Dec 2009 then thre's two that win it hands down for me:-

Gary Kelly and Dux, Shez was good but often missed games, these two played week in week out and dug us out of the :censored: that many times that i'm surprised they didn't take to the field with spades in their hands!

Very true...

Lovely bloke but he would not even make the top 10...maybe not even the top 30 ?

Depends what you'd say makes a 'Player of the Decade'. Doesn't necessarily have to be the best player...I would personally say that Ernie characterised the doggedness of that post-M***e team regardless of his passing. Even if he was still around I'd have expected a nomination...

If we're talking 1st Jan '99-31sr Dec 2009 then thre's two that win it hands down for me:-

Gary Kelly and Dux, Shez was good but often missed games, these two played week in week out and dug us out of the :censored: that many times that i'm surprised they didn't take to the field with spades in their hands!

Well, 1st January 2000. Otherwise it would be eleven years...:wink:

Depends what you'd say makes a 'Player of the Decade'. Doesn't necessarily have to be the best player...I would personally say that Ernie characterised the doggedness of that post-M***e team regardless of his passing. Even if he was still around I'd have expected a nomination...

I agree with your comments that it dose not have to be the best player...

Garnett would struggle to make it into the top ten of defenders but I have him at number two because of his contribution. He was that little bit of quality, and he dragged up the kids around him to save our League One status.

Cooksey, god bless him, gave 110% and won the hearts of the fans during some hard times. But he never truely contributed anything like other players have for the reasons given.