Tomorrow is going to be the Turning Point

We're going to beat Exeter 4-0 and kick on from there in the games that follow. You heard it hear first.

If we serve up similar :censored:e to what we have done over the last 2 1/2 months at home in front of a bigger crowd, I'm sad to say tomorrow could be the day when the mob turns on Penney. I hope not and I hope we win convincingly, but I just can't see us making goalscoring chances never mind bagging a few. Stephens will be the scapegoat I reckon too, with Slaphead keeping his place whilst young Dale warms the bench.

Still, in a sick minded sort of way I'm looking forward to the next two home games...

Edited by oafcprozac

If we serve up similar :censored:e to what we have done over the last 2 1/2 months at home in front of a bigger crowd, I'm sad to say tomorrow could be the day when the mob turns on Penney. I hope not and I hope we win convincingly, but I just can't see us making goalscoring chances never mind bagging a few. Stephens will be the scapegoat I reckon too, with Slaphead keeping his place whilst young Dale warms the bench.

Still, in a sick minded sort of way I'm looking forward to the next two home games...

In terms of the mob turning on Penney I fear you maybe right.

I don't think tomorrow will be a turning point, though I do think we will win this one. The turning point for me will be when a fully fit Abbott and Taylor get some regular games. These two are they only creative attacking players we have.

Tomorrow proves nothing.

If we win; we win a game we should have won anyway. If we lose, it just confirms how bad we actually are.

There's no turning point tomorrow anyway, until we managed to string some wins together against top half teams we can't say we've turned any corners.

We're going to beat Exeter 4-0 and kick on from there in the games that follow. You heard it hear first.

I admire your optimism and I think and hope we may scrape a win tomorrow by hook or by crook.

Although with the best will in the world I really don't see us beating anyone 4-0 at the moment, they would have to be an extraordinarily bad outfit for us to score 4 against them currently.

My thoughts exactly, i sincerely hope we win, but heaven forbid if we get beat in this one, we may never attract floaters again!

We need to turn in an entertaining, attacking display, Get on top of them early and get the fans on side. Here's hoping!

Next 3 games will define our season. If we lose tomorrow, I agree the mob will turn. The buck stops at this game so it's a must-win.

I'm quietly optimistic of a positive result, but I don't think it'll be anywhere near 4-0. A tight 2-1 affair looks much more likely.

I admire your optimism and I think and hope we may scrape a win tomorrow by hook or by crook.

Although with the best will in the world I really don't see us beating anyone 4-0 at the moment, they would have to be an extraordinarily bad outfit for us to score 4 against them currently.

we have to get a bloomin shot on target......however bad they are !!!

It better be the turning point. If it isn't somebody is going to start really feeling the pressure.

Exactly.

For me, the next 5 games are absolutely crucial to our season, Penney’s job and; to be frank, the future of this football club. Now some may say that’s a bit extreme but hear me out:

We have coming up:

Exeter (Home)

Wycombe (Away)

Tranmere (Home)

Hartlepool (Away)

Swindon (Away)

There are 15 points available and I believe that a failure to gain at least 10 points will see us firmly locked in a relegation battle and Penney out of job.

Come the 2nd Jan after the Swindon game; if we’ve picked up, say a win and draw and have ourselves a whopping 4 points from 15, I’m sure we’ll be sitting in the bottom 4 and big time up sh*t creek without any paddles.

Massive 5 game run coming up – Exeter for me won’t be a turning point in isolation; but allied to the other 4 games – this patch is season defining. If we go a run, pick up the 4 (or 5 if we’re getting giddy) wins then that should see us into the relative comfort of the middle of the table. It will buy Penney the time he needs to get Taylor and Abbott back into the team and may also give him the opportunity to bring a few in the January transfer window. From there I’d hope that the minimum we’d be looking for would be mid-table safety to be achieved come the end of the season

A poor run over these 5 games on the other hand, where as a scenario that I mentioned above, we say pick up 4 or 5 points (or less!) – then we’ll find ourselves in the bottom 4 and big time in the midst of a relegation scrap. If that’s the case; I can see Penney being sacked and a new man (god help whoever that is) being brought in after the Swindon game, to give him 29 days of the transfer window to bring in some recruits.

If it’s the latter scenario and we do indeed end up in a fight for survival, I’m not sure we have the required fight to avoid the drop on current form and current player abilities. That for me means the very real possibility of us being relegated to League 2. If that happens, a spiral of playing budget cuts, massive drops in attendances and the associated problems that tend to go hand-in-hand with a drop to a league below could just see Oldham Athletic FC no longer existing…….

Worrying times and a massive month ahead with these next 5 games; I’m obviously hoping big-time that it’s the 1st of the scenarios and not the latter!!!!!

I expect nothing more than a win tomorrow, after seeing the shots some are prepared to have on the training ground I EXPECT shots on target, believe it or not, I know it may take some convincing, but they are more than capable of smashing that ball goal bound from 25 yards, I won't be booing if we lose tomorrow but by f*** I'll be going home very pissed off at yet paying their f****** wages once again for a s*** performance.