79 fed up loyal fans

How many latics fans would of gone down there if that was us in darlos situation.

How many did MK Dons bring a couple of seasons back ? ( Ronnie Moores Full Season )

I would have gone for the weekend,and i bet a fair few others would.

It's in the blood

Its a bit of both- but then again so is travelling the 330 odd miles from Durham to Brighton to not be allowed into the game because you are too drunk :grin: eh OS? Durham to Yeovil is nearly 350 miles too, and I've done that only to watch a rather dull 1-1 (put it this way I don't remember much of the game- only some of the antics in the crowd) and get rather wet but in essence I had not a lot better to do that weekend and I ended up getting quite nicely drunk in Bristol on the way back. Not to mention travelling 6000 miles. Football fans do a lot for their team, sometimes all they get in return is a clap off some of them at the end of the game.

If travelling that far for a naff game merits free entry then OS would never have to pay in again and some of our other posters probably merit something a bit more special.

yes it was a tuesday night and it was bloody nil nil, i was there, the only thing i remember about that game was craig davies having a cracker of a shot come back off the post, abit like the alan sheehan goal earlier in the season except it didnt go in, how i remember these things ill never know.

and if i remember rightly didnt mk bring 85 fans upto BP the first time we played them, i remember they got right behind there team though probably louder than the chaddy end.......

as for the 79 darlo fans hats off to them, i probably would have gone myself if we were in their situation, still its a bloody long day for a 5 nil loss.

Its a bit of both- but then again so is travelling the 330 odd miles from Durham to Brighton to not be allowed into the game because you are too drunk :grin: eh OS? Durham to Yeovil is nearly 350 miles too, and I've done that only to watch a rather dull 1-1 (put it this way I don't remember much of the game- only some of the antics in the crowd) and get rather wet but in essence I had not a lot better to do that weekend and I ended up getting quite nicely drunk in Bristol on the way back. Not to mention travelling 6000 miles. Football fans do a lot for their team, sometimes all they get in return is a clap off some of them at the end of the game.

If travelling that far for a naff game merits free entry then OS would never have to pay in again and some of our other posters probably merit something a bit more special.

Spot on Mr Medic, It's your team and you follow them up and down the country through the good times and the bad..

Those Darlo fans wanted to be there,they got dicked but :censored: happens.

yes it was a tuesday night and it was bloody nil nil, i was there, the only thing i remember about that game was craig davies having a cracker of a shot come back off the post, abit like the alan sheehan goal earlier in the season except it didnt go in, how i remember these things ill never know.

and if i remember rightly didnt mk bring 85 fans upto BP the first time we played them, i remember they got right behind there team though probably louder than the chaddy end.......

as for the 79 darlo fans hats off to them, i probably would have gone myself if we were in their situation, still its a bloody long day for a 5 nil loss.

Yeah thought so i was there, it was like we had yeovil away and then gillingham away and both were nil nil !!

didnt davies also get sent off against gills ?

i was thinking 79 sounded low, i dont think i recall latics ever taking less than 100 fans to a league match. even bournemouth about 6 years ago on a tuesday think it was 4 nil or something like that, think we took around 150 that night.

How many latics fans would of gone down there if that was us in darlos situation.

Probably more than 79.

Slightly different circumstances, but I remember going to Torquay on a Tuesday night for the second leg of a League Cup tie when we'd won the first leg 7-1. And there were at least 79 Oldham fans there.

Before long we'll be taking more fans to away games than we get at home. :unsure:

i was thinking 79 sounded low, i dont think i recall latics ever taking less than 100 fans to a league match. even bournemouth about 6 years ago on a tuesday think it was 4 nil or something like that, think we took around 150 that night.

It's gone down in recent years, I went Colchester in the 2000/2001 season on a Tuesday night and we took 250. Also went Bournemouth on a Friday night (played at Dorchester) and we had about 200 there. We wouldn't take that now.