Nott County in a mess with out a manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...n-promises.html

talks that lee hughes may be sold we should sign him up what do you lot think on some cheap fees lol

Yep, Lee Hughes for me.. him and Abbot = Top 4 team. Why the Directors didn't invest that bit more I'll never know... to me the money spent on Blackman etc. is all wasted.

Yep, Lee Hughes for me.. him and Abbot = Top 4 team. Why the Directors didn't invest that bit more I'll never know... to me the money spent on Blackman etc. is all wasted.

Are we spending money on Blackman? Certainly it won't be more than a fraction of what Hughes is on at County.

Hughes not being here has nowt to do with cash. He is a bad apple and as a club we are better off without him, footballing wise we miss him but there is more to a football club than football oddly enough.

Which was then withdrawn.

My understanding / memory was the offer was made and was on the table well after doggygate etc... Wasn't it withdrawn because he would not sign it ? Shortly before signing for County ?

It puts the idea that Hughes is more trouble than his football skills are worth into doubt to be frank.

Edited by oafc0000

my brother often sees hughesy around the area when he (hughes) comes back up to the area to see friends. Chatted to him a few times. He says he loves the oldham fans and wanted to stay, but Joe brought him into his office and said you wont play for this club again and that was that. He was offered a deal half of what he was on (roughly £1k a week then) and was going to sign but waited to see what else was around and county came back with £3k a week.

seems if notts hadnt come in then we wouldve eventually signed. Waited as he wanted to make as much as poss with him being 33, cant blame him as anyone else wouldve done the same, unless you are an oldham fan which made you stay with the club for life come what may.

All the doggygate was blown OTT and he is a decent chap when you talk to him. I am not saying he will ever be a legend, in fact, he definately wont, but I dont have a grudge aginst him, was good when he was here and appreciates the fans so best wishes and thanks. All this 'bad apple aarrgh' talk is absolute crap as per usual with nearly all the talk on this board.

my brother often sees hughesy around the area when he (hughes) comes back up to the area to see friends. Chatted to him a few times. He says he loves the oldham fans and wanted to stay, but Joe brought him into his office and said you wont play for this club again and that was that. He was offered a deal half of what he was on (roughly £1k a week then) and was going to sign but waited to see what else was around and county came back with £3k a week.

seems if notts hadnt come in then we wouldve eventually signed. Waited as he wanted to make as much as poss with him being 33, cant blame him as anyone else wouldve done the same, unless you are an oldham fan which made you stay with the club for life come what may.

All the doggygate was blown OTT and he is a decent chap when you talk to him. I am not saying he will ever be a legend, in fact, he definately wont, but I dont have a grudge aginst him, was good when he was here and appreciates the fans so best wishes and thanks. All this 'bad apple aarrgh' talk is absolute crap as per usual with nearly all the talk on this board.

TTA certainly gave Big Joe a free reign to do what he wanted....seems a bit strange when it was revealed that he was never going to stay on as manager.

To be fair Hughesy was never going to disrespect the fans but he must have done something serious to provoke the statement " You won't play for this club again"

Maybe Joe was just showing he's a bit of an old time moralist. Mind you, I seem to remember in the old days his drink driving habits weren't exactly above reproach... :wink:

My one overriding impression of Hughesy personally was how scarily immature he is for a 33 year old. Mind you, many footballers are the same. I wished him well when he left but I'm not sure we should look to bring him back - time to move on.

TTA certainly gave Big Joe a free reign to do what he wanted....seems a bit strange when it was revealed that he was never going to stay on as manager.

To be fair Hughesy was never going to disrespect the fans but he must have done something serious to provoke the statement " You won't play for this club again"

he took the piss out of joe in a training match joe didnt like it and said CYA, probly the worst descision ever made i couldnt careless if he was the biggest knob at oafc aslong as he kept scoring as he was.

I had to mention ex lee hughes so that day that thread about sheff wednesday was pointless..

Lee Hughes never rule anything i belive we could get some cash and sign Hughesy back like we did with Mark Allott Hughesy was a good player not a bad apple folks.