New Nottingham Forest stadium

Stadium:MK

Elland Road

Hillsborough stadium

St James' Park

New Ashton Vale stadium

Home Park

Old Trafford or City of Manchester Stadium

I think Manchester will have two grounds, thats what the MEN are saying anyway. The only choice seems to be between Spurs and the Olympic Stadium

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Manchester will have two stadiums. The only choice will be regarding the third London stadium, either the new Spurs ground or the New Olympic Stadium.

I was told a city can only have one stadium except for the capital which can have three. The guy on the stand announcing the teams said both Manchester stadiums would be submitted with FIFA making the final call. So I am a bit confused now...

EDIT: Nowhere else is saying its either or so you must be right. Will edit...

Edited by oafc0000

Its all very interesting- the bidding committee had to look at stuff like transport links, hotel space and the stadium. Now correct me if I'm wrong but transport links to stadium MK ain't great and I'm sorry but hotels in Sunderland- there's a couple of travellodges and not much else. There are quite a few in the North East and I suppose its a way of making sure Stadium of light and mike ashley presents st. james' park being both on the list as some of the better hotels in the north east are in Durham. I can understand Bristol getting a nod- if they build what they say they are going to build it will be quite good. I'm a bit dubious about Plymouth- their ground hasn't long since been redeveloped and they ain't flush with cash but they will have hotel space I guess. Its interesting that Pride Park, St. Mary's and Upton Park haven't made the list as they have all hosted England Internationals whilst they were building wembley.

I think its going to be the three London stadia, the two manchester stadia then Villa, the two in the North east, Anfield (if it gets re-done in time), Hillsbrough (if that gets redeveloped) and Forest's new ground that will be the stadia as we don't need as many as we have listed with Bristol being the next in line.

Its all very interesting- the bidding committee had to look at stuff like transport links, hotel space and the stadium. Now correct me if I'm wrong but transport links to stadium MK ain't great and I'm sorry but hotels in Sunderland- there's a couple of travellodges and not much else. There are quite a few in the North East and I suppose its a way of making sure Stadium of light and mike ashley presents st. james' park being both on the list as some of the better hotels in the north east are in Durham. I can understand Bristol getting a nod- if they build what they say they are going to build it will be quite good. I'm a bit dubious about Plymouth- their ground hasn't long since been redeveloped and they ain't flush with cash but they will have hotel space I guess. Its interesting that Pride Park, St. Mary's and Upton Park haven't made the list as they have all hosted England Internationals whilst they were building wembley.

I think its going to be the three London stadia, the two manchester stadia then Villa, the two in the North east, Anfield (if it gets re-done in time), Hillsbrough (if that gets redeveloped) and Forest's new ground that will be the stadia as we don't need as many as we have listed with Bristol being the next in line.

You have to remember its 2009 and not 2018... Lots of development will happen off the back of a successful bid. Each of the city bids will include improved transport systems and hotel developments etc.

South Africa have 10 stadiums so your right about not needing all of them. What are the actual rules on this though ? Might be different now ?

Edited by oafc0000

You have to remember its 2009 and not 2018... Lots of development will happen off the back of a successful bid. Each of the city bids will include improved transport systems and hotel developments etc.

South Africa have 10 stadiums so your right about not needing all of them. What are the actual rules on this though ? Might be different now ?

I'm not sure where they are going to put any new hotels in Sunderland I can't think of that many places with too much room but like I said if you combine the hotels of the north east for both Newcastle and Sunderland there might be enough. The ashton area isn't uber close to either of Bristol's main stations and considering just how far away the hotels were booked for Rangers in the UEFA cup final Manchester may struggle to have two grounds, especially if Liverpool/Leeds gets some games. We shall see as to be honest I think I can see the 2018 competition going to the Aussies- especially if the SA world cup isn't overly hampered by the weather.

I'm not sure where they are going to put any new hotels in Sunderland I can't think of that many places with too much room but like I said if you combine the hotels of the north east for both Newcastle and Sunderland there might be enough. The ashton area isn't uber close to either of Bristol's main stations and considering just how far away the hotels were booked for Rangers in the UEFA cup final Manchester may struggle to have two grounds, especially if Liverpool/Leeds gets some games. We shall see as to be honest I think I can see the 2018 competition going to the Aussies- especially if the SA world cup isn't overly hampered by the weather.

If they can put a World Cup on in South Africa...in places like Rustenburg...I think Bristol will cope just fine :lol:

I can see it being between us and Russia... 2018 one will probably got to a European city most the officials seem to think from what I have read.

Edited by oafc0000

Stadium MK should never be in there. Not because of al that went on with Wimbledon, but because Milton Keynes is completely soulless. I know whenever I have been to a foreign country for sport I have spent a couple of days there exploring the local towns and cities soaking up the culture and taking in some of the history.

In Milton Keynes there is none of either. A lot of people that will be coming over for it won’t just be here for the football but will want other things to do while they are here. Imagine coming from Rome, Paris or Barcelona and being offered the delights of Milton Keynes ‘welcome to Milton Keynes on your left you will see freeze-tech while on your right you will see our roads, we adopted the American system of blocks because here in Milton Keynes we don’t believe in character, style or soul!’

Up yours winklepecker

Stadium MK should never be in there. Not because of al that went on with Wimbledon, but because Milton Keynes is completely soulless. I know whenever I have been to a foreign country for sport I have spent a couple of days there exploring the local towns and cities soaking up the culture and taking in some of the history.

In Milton Keynes there is none of either. A lot of people that will be coming over for it won’t just be here for the football but will want other things to do while they are here. Imagine coming from Rome, Paris or Barcelona and being offered the delights of Milton Keynes ‘welcome to Milton Keynes on your left you will see freeze-tech while on your right you will see our roads, we adopted the American system of blocks because here in Milton Keynes we don’t believe in character, style or soul!’

Up yours winklepecker

But the other options where Leicester, Derby or Hull... You ever been to any of them :) Not much of an improvement :)

But the other options where Leicester, Derby or Hull... You ever been to any of them :) Not much of an improvement :)

Hull's got quite a lot of history and things to do there. William Wilberforce being a person everyone should be proud of. A few museums and an aquarium and let’s not forget they’ve got white phone boxes.

Just a shame is stinks of fish.

I've never been to Derby but in Leicester you can at least get a decent packet of crisps and go to the Gary Lineker museum.

Edited by Roger Ritchie

Hull's got quite a lot of history and things to do there. William Wilberforce being a person everyone should be proud of. A few museums and an aquarium and let’s not forget they’ve got white phone boxes.

Just a shame is stinks of fish.

I've never been to Derby but in Leicester you can at least get a decent packet of crisps and go to the Gary Lineker museum.

If you get bored in Hull you can always try not to get kicked in by the locals, that passes a few hours.

I would question the business sense of anyone who builds a hotel in Sunderland off the back of this, they'd what, 8 games over 2 weeks and be empty for the next three decades.

So...Old Tafford or City :)

I think Manchester will have two grounds, thats what the MEN are saying anyway.

I was told a city can only have one stadium except for the capital which can have three. The guy on the stand announcing the teams said both Manchester stadiums would be submitted with FIFA making the final call. So I am a bit confused now...

EDIT: Nowhere else is saying its either or so you must be right. Will edit...

No problem, it's Manchester one and Trafford one.

Birmingham - Villa Park

Bristol - New Ashton Vale Stadium

Leeds - Elland Road

Liverpool - Anfield or New Anfield

London - Wembley

London - Emirates Stadium

London - New White Hart Lane Stadium or Olympic Stadium

Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium

Manchester - Old Trafford

Milton Keynes - Stadium:MK

Newcastle/Gateshead - St James' Park

Nottingham - New Nottingham Forest Stadium

Plymouth - Home Park

Sheffield - Hillsborough

Sunderland - Stadium of Light

Sickening. Just seen that c--- Winkleman on SSN. He has got a face you could just kick and kick and kick.

Milton Keynes is not a hotbed of football and has no history of football and shouldn't be considered. At all.

The fact that Derby, Leicester and Hull have been overlooked in favor of MK is a disgrace. All 3 cities have a rich history of football in the city for over 100 years. Derby even regularly pull in 30,000 fans in the second tier.

Milton Keynes is not a hotbed of football and has no history of football and shouldn't be considered. At all.

The fact that Derby, Leicester and Hull have been overlooked in favor of MK is a disgrace. All 3 cities have a rich history of football in the city for over 100 years. Derby even regularly pull in 30,000 fans in the second tier.

Its all besides the point anyway... If a world cup ball is kicked at MK I would be surprised...

Germany had 12 stadiums.... South Africa 10... These stadiums are just a list to go into the bid booklet and will be whittles down further by FIFA.

Edited by oafc0000