stadium design

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have i missed something?

The plans where supposed to be out on Dec 9th wasnt they?

have the NIMBYS delayed it or something?

My understanding is the visiting of the stadiums was to be finished by the 9th... Actual plans will be months away I would imagine...

Breaking ground in spring my arse :lol:

For me its not too much the cappacity that worries me , i just want to be proud of it .

It needs to look origanal and not another shrews or colchester .

I know this links been on here before but some of the stadiums on it are impressive and all under 20k ,

Theres is a lack of pride around BP at the mo , give us somthing to be proud of .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...4888&page=6

It needs to look origanal and not another shrews or colchester .

It doesn't for me, to be honest. It needs to have enough toilets to get a pee at half time, sufficient food outlets to serve everyone when the ground is full, and decent bar facilities to have a pint or three before and after the game. Throw in a good view, and enough room (don't get me started on the muppet at the Exeter game :ranting: ) and I'll be happy. :grin:

My understanding is the visiting of the stadiums was to be finished by the 9th... Actual plans will be months away I would imagine...

Breaking ground in spring my arse :lol:

If that is correct then I think fan consultation is more important than ever.

Edited by tangerinedreams

also on the stadium debate, i think away fans should be shoved in a corner like leeds and cardiff do to away fans instead of giving them an end??

anyone else think this?? :grin:

Naughty.

I do, however, think that the current BP ticketing arrangements is flawed for away fans - they shouldn't be given the £2 advance purchase discount, espeically if they're from Leeds.

also on the stadium debate, i think away fans should be shoved in a corner like leeds and cardiff do to away fans instead of giving them an end??

anyone else think this?? :grin:

The only problem with that is that we would need to actually build 'corners' - which is unlikely!

Nah, I totally agree that away fans shouldnt be given the best stand in the ground, however IMO behind the goal creates a better atmos.... as long as they dont outnumber you! (and before anyone says - that is a fault of the home fans rather than the club actually wnating to make some money)

After the last meeting it was said that the plans for the new stadium should be available in January. I think the same company that designed the new BP is designing the new ground at Failsworth so I think it'll be pretty similar to what was designed there and won't need much time to alter for the new site. Everyone liked that design didn't they?

The stadium will be pretty much like other stadiums because there isn't much uniqueness you can bring into a stadium, the new BP wasn't going to be unique. You can make a stadium feel like home though and I think that's what we should be trying to do.

A stadium should have great facilities and good views, it's upto the club and it's fans to make it feel like home.

After the last meeting it was said that the plans for the new stadium should be available in January. I think the same company that designed the new BP is designing the new ground at Failsworth so I think it'll be pretty similar to what was designed there and won't need much time to alter for the new site. Everyone liked that design didn't they?

The stadium will be pretty much like other stadiums because there isn't much uniqueness you can bring into a stadium, the new BP wasn't going to be unique. You can make a stadium feel like home though and I think that's what we should be trying to do.

A stadium should have great facilities and good views, it's upto the club and it's fans to make it feel like home.

:applause1:

The only problem with that is that we would need to actually build 'corners' - which is unlikely!

Nah, I totally agree that away fans shouldnt be given the best stand in the ground, however IMO behind the goal creates a better atmos.... as long as they dont outnumber you! (and before anyone says - that is a fault of the home fans rather than the club actually wnating to make some money)

:grin: good point :grin:

ill just :getmecoat:

Case proved!

4091761797_2771848c1f.jpg

They could have demolished the Civic Centre and instead of the NHS building built a new stadium on all the availbale land.

Move the councils ivory towers to Failsworth and the NHS to BP - problem solved and everyone's happy :wink: