Make or break!

I was just looking at the fixtures and because of the postponments recently we now have three succesive home games this month and another 3 in March that are absolutely crucial if we are to avoid a relegation battle at the end of the season.

Four of the teams, Tranmere, Wycombe, Leyton O, and Brighton are in the bottom five and from these we must expect at least 9 points as a minimum if we are to get up towards mid-table safety,

We still have to play Colchester, Leeds, Southampton, Huddersfield, and M K Dons away and Norwich and Charlton at home!

Thoughts anybody?

Edited by oafc1955

I was just looking at the fixtures and because of the postponments recently we now have three succesive home games this month and another 3 in March that are absolutely crucial if we are to avoid a relegation battle at the end of the season.

Four of the teams, Tranmere, Wycombe, Leyton O, and Brighton are in the bottom five and from these we must expect at least 9 points as a minimum if we are to get up towards mid-table safety,

We still have to play Colchester, Leeds, Southampton, Huddersfield, and M K Dons away and Norwich at home!

Thoughts anybody?

We really are entering a crucial period, We can't afford any slip ups against these lesser lights, especially at home.We now have pav back and providing we can get him an adequate partner we should be looking to amass enough points to climb to mid-table safety.

Thoughts anybody?

I'll eat my hat if we take nine points from the abovementioned games. I'll be reasonably suprised if we score more than the three goals required to do so.

Yet winning at home against supposedly poor teams would still give the team a big confidence boost to takeinto the harder games, which teams usually raise their games for anyway. This couldn't really work any better for us. Dare I say it? We could really get a run going here......

Come on lads, keep the faith, one DP manager of month award coming up?!

I'll eat my hat if we take nine points from the abovementioned games. I'll be reasonably suprised if we score more than the three goals required to do so.

we are going to get 12 points and score 20 goals in the process*

now where have them pills gone?!

We still have to play Colchester, Leeds, Southampton, Huddersfield, and M K Dons away and Norwich and Charlton at home!

Thoughts anybody?

As long as we make a few additions to the 20odd players that Penney has signed since he took over, we'll be ok.

Yet winning at home against supposedly poor teams would still give the team a big confidence boost to takeinto the harder games, which teams usually raise their games for anyway. This couldn't really work any better for us. Dare I say it? We could really get a run going here......

Come on lads, keep the faith, one DP manager of month award coming up?!

Agree - I feel a good run coming soon :wink:

Lol funny that we stilll have alll them teams to play, despite us only being half way through the season ....

Wow, words fail me..........

Anyway; Crucial period coming up – with the weather causing chaos fixture-wise; we’ve got a lot of games coming up over a relatively short period of time.

In these situations; as someone has already alluded to further up, it’s an ideal scenario to put a run together –

These are my musing’s:

Stockport (A) (if they get the ground sorted) – GOT to be looking to take all 3 points.

Tranmere (H)– being a home game, them being in a state managerially and being down there with us; we’ve got to look to take the 3 points

Millwall (H) – at home, but they’re a solid unit and I’d take a point from this one

Brentford (H) – I’d take the point at home; but we should be going all out for the 3 points but it will be tricky; they’ve quietly gone about their business and are a solid side.

Tranmere (A)– away game; I’d take the point but would hope for a win

Walsall (H) – bit of a bogey team for us; but with it at home; you’ve got to look for 3 points from that surely?

So, ahead of a really sticky 3 games, I think we should be looking at 8 points from the home games and 4 from the away games – and hopefully those 12 points puts us in hell of better situation league position wise.

The Colchester, Leeds & Norwich games I just can’t see us getting anything from; so these next 6 games are MASSIVE.

After the Norwich game we’ve Exeter, Wycombe & Brighton – from that clump of 3 I’d take the away point and 2 home wins any day! 7 points from those 3; added to the 12 from the big 6 we have coming up gives us 19 from the next 12 games.

If my thinkings actually happen results wise; by March 27th we should be a healthy position of 44 points; and with that I’d image & hope to well & truly mid table.

Massive period coming up – OH WHEN THE BLUES!!!! *

* disclaimer; my 44 points prediction gets blown out of the water if we continue to be dog-turd and the only run we get on is a losing one; but hey, glass half full eh?

its just amused me how some people can call other teams 'lesser teams', because they are near us in the table

look at the table, we are a 'lesser team' aswell

maybe the term 'on a par team' should be used

When i mentioned 'lesser lights' i meant lesser than the likes of leeds,norwich etc not us!

These are games we should be targetting to pick up maximum points.

When i mentioned 'lesser lights' i meant lesser than the likes of leeds,norwich etc not us!

These are games we should be targetting to pick up maximum points.

but my point is we are a 'lesser light' the same as them, maybe we should call them something else?