Stockport pitch inspection

I working in Cheadle and it was very icy this morning ,

Its been a light drizzle all morning aswell

I only came back to London from there a couple of days ago and it was very icy before I went, but...that's not necessarily a reason to call a game off. If the pitch is playable then people outside the ground have to pay a bit of extra attention to make sure they don't slip is not a reason to postpone a match. There's already a 'soft' culture I feel when it comes to calling matches off, events of the last couple of weeks will probably only have compounded it.

I only came back to London from there a couple of days ago and it was very icy before I went, but...that's not necessarily a reason to call a game off. If the pitch is playable then people outside the ground have to pay a bit of extra attention to make sure they don't slip is not a reason to postpone a match. There's already a 'soft' culture I feel when it comes to calling matches off, events of the last couple of weeks will probably only have compounded it.

They have been calling of games with playable pitches due to the surrounding areas.. So it is a reason...

Went into Stockport at 8.30 this morning.

Because of traffic, I parked on the car park about 100 yards from E.P. With the heavy rain it was like a skid pan.

Within 5 minutes, I saw 5 different people slip on their backsides, and this was crossing the main A6 by the Town Hall.

If it thaws enough, I thinks the pitch will be waterlogged - not looking good

They have been calling of games with playable pitches due to the surrounding areas.. So it is a reason...

It is a reason but a lot of the time it's not always a good reason. Sometimes the area is too dangerous, sometimes it's a bit slippy and club's are scared of one person filing for compensation. Did you see the area around Upton Park last week?! It was fine! Games were called off last week as clubs are looking to cover their arses, it's a sad reflection of the current 'slip and sue' culture.

If the club do everything they can to shift the ice and it's safe if you pay attention to where you're going, then people voluntarily going to a football match are responsible for their own actions/injuries sustained through carelessness.

ice + people on the piss= disaster ! :lol:

Went into Stockport at 8.30 this morning.

Because of traffic, I parked on the car park about 100 yards from E.P. With the heavy rain it was like a skid pan.

Within 5 minutes, I saw 5 different people slip on their backsides, and this was crossing the main A6 by the Town Hall.

If it thaws enough, I thinks the pitch will be waterlogged - not looking good

it wont be waterlogged, the pitch has covers on, i believe the problem was that the covers were frozen to the pitch.

I want it to be postponed, call all football off until the ice melts, it's a death trap outside, on the pavements and on the roads. We're past the snowfall now anyway, rain and spells sunshine for the next 7 days, that'll melt the ice. As well if the pitch isn't completely thawed then we risk further injury.

There's no rush, call it off for another week, get a couple more players in and a couple more back to fitness and then we'll stand in better stead.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

There's no rush, call it off for another week, get a couple more players in and a couple more back to fitness and then we'll stand in better stead.

Bollocks to that, they only have seven fit pros or something like that!

Oh well, seems Stockport have managed to get it called off.

Bollocks to that, they only have seven fit pros or something like that!

Oh well, seems Stockport have managed to get it called off.

The situation at Stockport isn't going to get better anytime soon. Irrespective of when the rematch is they'll still be as weakened (if you like) as they are now, it's not like they've got money to buy players. That's not to say we'll beat them, but whether it's tomorrow or in 2 months they'll still be bottom with hardly any players.

I'd just not rather risk injuries by playing on a hard pitch.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I doubt Stockport will be making much effort to clear a pitch or the surrounding area, potentially forcing the referee into his decision. Most clubs, with an inspection the following morning, would have put messages on their website asking fans to come down and help. They haven't.

11.30 for a derby game the following day is a joke. Hopefully the ref forces them to pull their finger out and re-inspect on Saturday. Maybe if they're threatened with some sort of fine from the FA they'll try and get the game on.

I could of replied to a few post regarding this matter.

When at BP every game I attend (all of em) I see a member of the southern contingency, so YES county were right to have an inspection today for that reason, all our supporters are not from Oldham, some actually travel 3-4 hours to attend. my next point is..wait til the last minute? why? having the inspection today gives us the opportunity to wind down and make plans for saturday (the working mans day off) nothin worse than the adrenilin pumpin at 12 0 clock saturday to have to turn it off. and finally....only 7 fit pros? what team in the right mind would fight tooth and nail to fight the elemements to get stuffed off a relegation threatened rival (6 pointer)....would we? Fair play to County! 9even though i do hate em)

I could of replied to a few post regarding this matter.

When at BP every game I attend (all of em) I see a member of the southern contingency, so YES county were right to have an inspection today for that reason, all our supporters are not from Oldham, some actually travel 3-4 hours to attend. my next point is..wait til the last minute? why? having the inspection today gives us the opportunity to wind down and make plans for saturday (the working mans day off) nothin worse than the adrenilin pumpin at 12 0 clock saturday to have to turn it off. and finally....only 7 fit pros? what team in the right mind would fight tooth and nail to fight the elemements to get stuffed off a relegation threatened rival (6 pointer)....would we? Fair play to County! 9even though i do hate em)

its unfortunate that those travelling from afar may have a wasted journey, but the majority of those who would be in attendance are from the local/surrounding area - the majority wouldnt be inconvenienced for the minority.

Totally agree with penney - whatever the state of it wait til 11/12 o'clock on the day of the game at the very least, then it has been given every possible chance and if the pitch is bad then fair enough.

Absolute joke by county...nothing to do with their 7 players though is it......(if we were the ones at home we wouldve left it til the morning whatever the weather to make the call, as is what normally happens)

its unfortunate that those travelling from afar may have a wasted journey, but the majority of those who would be in attendance are from the local/surrounding area - the majority wouldnt be inconvenienced for the minority.

Totally agree with penney - whatever the state of it wait til 11/12 o'clock on the day of the game at the very least, then it has been given every possible chance and if the pitch is bad then fair enough.

Absolute joke by county...nothing to do with their 7 players though is it......(if we were the ones at home we wouldve left it til the morning whatever the weather to make the call, as is what normally happens)

Speculating dos'nt win a debate dude. you dont know what we would of done in the same situation, what I do know is if we only had 7 fit players and the club did get the game on, the fans would of crucified em......and thats not speculation